You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What's your view?

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,027

Saw this on another Forum.

Watch the Video (only 20 seconds or so) but then - & this is the point - read the comments.

What camp are you in? Do you think they are irresponsible idiots, or "class"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lA1f02FVS8

Comments

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,468
    Watched 16 seconds, too much for my liking. On to the comments now....
  • Options
    EpokerEpoker Member Posts: 101
    young lads + alcohol + being in a group + england winning - this is exactly what I assume them to be doing. If you look closely they are don't cause any damage and I'm sure they're being nice and respectful to other people/ workers that are around and that's all that really matters. It's the youtube comments condemning it / going bats**t that I find embarrassing.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,172
    I'll tell you what I'm getting really, really, really, REALLY wound up at is "It's coming home" everywhere.

That lyric was nothing to do with winning anything. It was about the tournament being held on British soil again.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,539
    NoseyBonk said:

I'll tell you what I'm getting really, really, really, REALLY wound up at is "It's coming home" everywhere.

That lyric was nothing to do with winning anything. It was about the tournament being held on British soil again.

Is it not related to England being the birthplace of football?

Anyway, I like the video. I am not politically correct. ****, I don't even care if somebody got hurt. It's all a good laugh.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,172
    edited July 2018

NoseyBonk said:

Well yeah obviously, with that tournament being held in England (Euro '96), so it's coming home. Naff all to do with winning.

Maybe I need to chill out over it :D

Three lines on my shirt

It is coming home

• Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,053
    Grumpy old man here. No, not @Jac35.

Embarrassing idiots is the kind version and I don't see how this can be described as nice and respectful in any way.
    Although far from alone, Ingerland supporters do seem to have more than their fair share of complete *****.

Completely agree with @NoseyBonk regarding the song and Euro96.

As you were, young 'uns.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,739
    So
    Your at work earning prob min wage, a group of dignified so called football supporters start chanting and jumping on the items you are employed to sell, all good harmless fun? Nope

Never ceases to amaze me what people do when they are in a group of like minded individuals.
    No wonder people in other countries hate us.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,739

NoseyBonk said:

Anyway, I like the video. I am not politically correct. ****, I don't even care if somebody got hurt. It's all a good laugh.
    Would it be a good laugh if your son or daughter worked there and got hurt?
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,544
    For Balance....

(posted by Nick Wealthall, friend of Sky Poker)

"Anyone reposting that clip of a few idiots in IKEA and using it to judge or comment on our ‘culture’ should take a long hard look at themselves. Your sanctimony is suffocating.
    Why aren’t you posting one of the endless clips of people happily celebrating and joining in?"
  • Options
    BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,207
    Maybe I am getting old, but how can anyone think that's harmless fun? Chanting all that outside the shop, might be seen as good natured fun, causing chaos inside the shop certainly isn't.

As for the song, yes it was referring to Euro 96 being held in England, but is it any wonder it's being used now? It is one of the catchiest football songs and hopefully very appropriate!
  • Options
    bert21bert21 Member Posts: 176
    In the camp of idiots, all to often these days drink and youth = idiot. When walking around the local supermarket these days i regularly hear young men and women f this f that on the phone to their mates not caring if there are women and children around and this is a so called "nice area". Probably me being a bit old fashioned but oh well
  • Options
    Mr_CarpsMr_Carps Member Posts: 79
    Bit much imo, however some of the comments wishing them death by cancer etc are just as disgusting, the internet seems to bring out the worst in people.I did genuinely lol at the comment about Sweden sending their warships for someone to reply "some assembly required on arrival" :p
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,795
    Irresponsible idiots.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,618
    I think their AA got cracked.
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,053

Some more "fans" just celebrating by jumping up and down on things.

One damaged bus shelter and one first responder ambulance out of service.
  • Options

Some more "fans" just celebrating by jumping up and down on things.

One damaged bus shelter and one first responder ambulance out of service.
    I confess, I did laugh when I saw the bloke jump onto the bus shelter roof & fall right though. Would it be cruel to hope he landed painfully, ideally on his knackers? For sure, if he landed on his head, one doubts he'd feel anything.

• Options

Opinions on this, which is what I sought, seem, as expected, to be based on age, with the older people finding the behaviour deplorable, whilst the younger folk don't see a problem with it.

@tomgoodun made a great point, what must the minimum-wage employees of Ikea have had to endure? Must have been pretty scary for them.

My view? Completely neutral, & not even mildly surprised that I've seen feral baboons with more sense than these irresponsible sorts. And if that makes me sanctimonious, so be it, guilty as charged.

God only knows what would happen if we won the World Cup. Or even more scary, lose it. And I have a hunch one of those 2 outcomes is probable.
  • Options
    glencoeladglencoelad Member Posts: 1,505
    Epoker said:

young lads + alcohol + being in a group + england winning - this is exactly what I assume them to be doing. If you look closely they are don't cause any damage and I'm sure they're being nice and respectful to other people/ workers that are around and that's all that really matters. It's the youtube comments condemning it / going bats**t that I find embarrassing.

Would you like to be working in the shop...or any of your family when this happened ?
    The furniture will also be sold as seconds at best, and i am sure it it is a police matter
    " breach of the peace " at least. Alcohol is no excuse, and the previous behavior
    of some England fans will see these lads tarred with the same brush " Hooligans ".
  • Options
    glencoeladglencoelad Member Posts: 1,505
    NoseyBonk said:

NoseyBonk said:

Well yeah obviously, with that tournament being held in England (Euro '96), so it's coming home. Naff all to do with winning.

Three lines on my shirt

It is coming home

Think a bit of reserch will show that Football was 1st played in Scotland.....just that we are not very good at it ...yet !

• Options

NoseyBonk said:

NoseyBonk said:

Three lines on my shirt

It is coming home

Think a bit of reserch will show that Football was 1st played in Scotland.....just that we are not very good at it ...yet !

They play football in Scotland? Really? News to me.