You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Taking Notes

2»

Comments

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    I think i find Peters notes easier to understand than Grahams
  • Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,129
    edited September 2018
    Tikay10 said:

Anyone recognize themselves in the list of abbreviations @StayOrGo uses?

I've never shared tables with @StayOrGo as far as I know, but I'm pretty sure he'd have me down as DSMF. Or even DSAF.

I do remember one painful experience when we both had AAxx in PLO. :=)

My notes on you TK are S1WHUP (Someone wake him up please) Just kidding. :D
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,670

Ahh yes, I recall that now, it as a UKOPS PLO jobbie?

You had opened every hand for 3 hours, & I woke up (literally) with the Aces & naturally assumed you were at it.

It all ended well though. Danglers FTW.
  • Options
    peter27peter27 Member Posts: 1,634
    StayOrGo said:

Hi Peter.

I have copious amount of notes on nearly everyone, so my job is done on Sky (except for the odd new player), until I lose them when the software changes. :(

Although I don't describe every action, raise size, blind level, just the relevant points from it.

I use some abbreviations that I put in a document when teaching my son Gary (Limp2Lose) about 10 years ago, when he was first learning. It will also give an indication, imo, of the "type" of notes you should be taking. We were both still learning some of the basics at the time tbh. I maybe had a couple of years head start on him, but he soon caught up.

I think he hardly uses notes now though lol, and he's a far better player than me. So I am not sure what that says. I wrote it ages ago, most are obvious, but there may be some other useful ones.

My son knows most of his opponents on Sky and has a natural instinctive metagame that seems to negate the need for notes, especially when he competes against the same players time and time again on the cash tables. However I find notes very useful, but they need to be the right notes and you may find it easier with abbreviations.

Effectively all your notes on the OP can be described using 4 characters. 3XRS (Three X raise standard) or six characters if he changes when the blinds go up. In which case 3XRSEL (3X raise standard early levels) You could also add OMR (Occasionally min raises) Now if you happened to see that the min raise was AA for example, then that would be very useful indeed or indeed, equally useful if they were suited connectors. IE what type of hand does he have when he deviates from his standard 3x play? Of course you may not always know if it doesn't go to showdown, but when it does, these "nuggets" are useful imo.

Anyway it may help, so I have attached it below:

Best of luck!

G

Wow, that's incredibly detailed. I'll certainly use a lot of these suggestions going forward, you've given me a lot to think about. Thanks for taking the time to post all that :smile: