You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

£20+£2 DeepStack Tonight @ 7.15

YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
I realise that most people probably won't see this untill after the Tournament has started, but I still want to post this for people who will see it in time.

This is mainly aimed at those people who have been campaigning on the forums for higher buy-in well-structured tournaments. Let's try and double the guarantee (£500) to show the Sky suits that we're really keen to get tournaments like these going on a more regular basis. All we need to do that is get 50 players to register.

If we want similar events to turn up in future it is essential IMO that we fulfill the guarantee at a bare minimum, but preferably double to show that the interest is really there.

Comments

• _AppleMac__AppleMac_ Member Posts: 126
    edited July 2009
    This is definately something I would be interested in... more poker to be played...!

Am I right to believe that this game isnt in the lobby for tonight...!? Just something we are trying to campaign for...?!
  • Sky_SteveMSky_SteveM Member Posts: 116
    edited July 2009
    In Response to £20+£2 DeepStack Tonight @ 7.15:
    I realise that most people probably won't see this untill after the Tournament has started, but I still want to post this for people who will see it in time. This is mainly aimed at those people who have been campaigning on the forums for higher buy-in well-structured tournaments. Let's try and double the guarantee (£500) to show the Sky suits that we're really keen to get tournaments like these going on a more regular basis. All we need to do that is get 50 players to register. If we want similar events to turn up in future it is essential IMO that we fulfill the guarantee at a bare minimum, but preferably double to show that the interest is really there.
    Posted by YoungUn
    Thanks for mentioning the tournament YungUn. As a gesture of good will for starting this thread we'll put you in the tournament free of charge and place a £25 bounty on your head to mix things up a little!
  • YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: £20+£2 DeepStack Tonight @ 7.15:
    In Response to £20+£2 DeepStack Tonight @ 7.15 : Thanks for mentioning the tournament YungUn. As a gesture of good will for starting this thread we'll put you in the tournament free of charge and place a £25 bounty on your head to mix things up a little!
    Posted by Sky_SteveM
    SHWEEEET! Lol thank you very much Steve, and indeed thanks for stickying it, too.

@AppleMac: No it is in the lobby and kicks off tonight at 7.15 like the title says. Go on MTT's in the Poker Lobby, and I think it's one of the top 4 or 5 that are highlighted in a darker colour. Would be awesome if you could play and give the prize pool a little boost :)
  • mickjenn1mickjenn1 Member Posts: 740
    edited July 2009
    easy 25 notes for me
  • THETANKTHETANK Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2009
    I'll be there if i can get out of work!! Shud be a great tourny could easily double that guarantee with a bit of support!
  • KevilfishKevilfish Member Posts: 354
    edited July 2009
    The only problem I can see with getting high number in the deep stack is it will most likely still be running when the Five00 kicks off tonight at 9.

So unless players multi-table, you'd probally get more players choosing to sign up for the Five00 with the bigger prize pool than the Deep Stack.

I think if this tournament was to run again in the future, it might be better if it was run on the same evening as a tournament completely different to rival it - the Monday Bounty Hunter for example, this way it will encourage players who want to play a regular tournament (non-BH) to enter the deep stack.

I'm unfortunately busy tonight but would have probally chose to enter the deep stack if I was in tonight.

Also, what is everyone's views on a £4.40+£0.40 satellite for the future for the £20+2 deep stack, if there is one in the future of course. It will increase the numbers entering and may even increase the deep stacks' popularity, hopefully meaning bigger prize-pools.
    edited July 2009
    Great post Kevilfish.

I agree to an extent about the whole timing thing in accordance with the five-oo. My argument to that is most of the people that can afford to play a £20 tourney on this site are probably quite competent at multi-tabling, so that shouldn't be a problem. I love the idea of making it a regular on a Monday night though, especially as you say that most people who will be interested in playing the Deep Stack won't want to play the BH Tournament and probably vice versa.

I also like the idea of the satellite, will increase the prize pool and get more players involved. The only downside to that is, if I was unable to afford the direct buy-in and needed to satellite, i'm not sure I would want to play for 2 hours just to win a seat in the tournament. So unless they structure the satellite differently (i.e quicker) to the main event I can't see satellites being all too popular.
  • KevilfishKevilfish Member Posts: 354
    edited July 2009
    The only downside to that is, if I was unable to afford the direct buy-in and needed to satellite, i'm not sure I would want to play for 2 hours just to win a seat in the tournament. So unless they structure the satellite differently (i.e quicker) to the main event I can't see satellites being all too popular.
    Posted by YoungUn
    I agree with this, maybe if a general satellite structure was used, like 2000 starting stack, 7 minute blinds, something like that, similar to the Open or Five00.
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited July 2009
    The only problem I can see with getting high number in the deep stack is it will most likely still be running when the Five00 kicks off tonight at 9. So unless players multi-table, you'd probally get more players choosing to sign up for the Five00 with the bigger prize pool than the Deep Stack. I think if this tournament was to run again in the future, it might be better if it was run on the same evening as a tournament completely different to rival it - the Monday Bounty Hunter for example, this way it will encourage players who want to play a regular tournament (non-BH) to enter the deep stack. I'm unfortunately busy tonight but would have probally chose to enter the deep stack if I was in tonight. Also, what is everyone's views on a £4.40+£0.40 satellite for the future for the £20+2 deep stack, if there is one in the future of course. It will increase the numbers entering and may even increase the deep stacks' popularity, hopefully meaning bigger prize-pools.
    Posted by Kevilfish
    I can see what you are trying to say about 2 £20 buyin tournaments on the same night, but in my opinion they are not rivaling each other, as i see them as 2 totally different tournaments! The five00 is just an extension to the Open, same time same structure but bigger buyin, where as the deepstack are for the players who like the longer tournaments with more skill rather than all in or fold after 45 minutes. I think this deepstack MAY struggle on its 1st night or 2 being at 7.15 but once people see it is there it will be very popular! I do like the time of 7.15 as it will probably be done by 11.30 - 12 which is not too bad for a deepstack!
    I just beg the Suits to stick with this trny on a daily basis if it is a small turnout on the 1st attempt until people see it.
  • phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited July 2009
    I'm in!! Easy bounty money in my opinion ;)
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,815
    edited July 2009

WOWZER!

£20 Deepie? This is TREMENDOUS NEWS!

We needed this, & lots of us have been pressing for it - now we have to make surre it gets enough numbers to justify it to Sky, & so they keep running these sort of Events.

As soon as I get home, I will play this every night I'm not working. Trust me, I won't miss this for anything. It's great news.

Is it Daily, or weekly, bi-weekly, what?

And here's the Deal. I'll set up a little "League Table" for £20 Deepies, (I'll need some help from you guys to set it up & run it, as I'm well busy & very disorganized), with it's own Forum Thread, & we'll have some sport. Fancy some of that?

I'll chuck a little Prize or two in now & then, too - some Books, Show Shoutouts, or whatever, to spice it up. (This is from me, not Sky, though if they want to offer, I won't say no!).

All those in favour say AYE.

Absolutely BRILIANT news, I'm made up here.

edited July 2009
    Would be brilliant TK yes im up for that.

We only got 24 runners this time but as i said earlier i wasnt fully expecting it to fill up, but if this is run everyday give it a week it will make double, I had several deepstack players come to my table saying they wish they played and didnt know it was running.

Please stick with this its a great trny and id play it every night!!
  • hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited July 2009
    im one of those flashflush, i have training on tuesdays and thursdays so gutted i couldnt play in it tonight, please dont get rid of it, if its on tomorrow night ill be in it!
  • Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited July 2009
    AYE!
    edited July 2009
    Its already up on the lobby for tomorrow!!! same as today !! :-)
    edited July 2009
    WOWZER! £20 Deepie? This is TREMENDOUS NEWS! We needed this, & lots of us have been pressing for it - now we have to make surre it gets enough numbers to justify it to Sky, & so they keep running these sort of Events. As soon as I get home, I will play this every night I'm not working. Trust me, I won't miss this for anything. It's great news. Is it Daily, or weekly, bi-weekly, what? And here's the Deal. I'll set up a little "League Table" for £20 Deepies, (I'll need some help from you guys to set it up & run it, as I'm well busy & very disorganized), with it's own Forum Thread, & we'll have some sport. Fancy some of that? I'll chuck a little Prize or two in now & then, too - some Books, Show Shoutouts, or whatever, to spice it up. (This is from me, not Sky, though if they want to offer, I won't say no!). All those in favour say AYE. Absolutely BRILIANT news, I'm made up here.
    Posted by Tikay10
    AYE! ABSO-FRIKKING-LUTELY!!

Sky guys - i'm still in with 4 remaining, what happens with my bounty if I win!?
  • jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited July 2009

GREAT SHOUT YOUNGUN... IM IN ILL KEEP AN EYE OPEN!

edited July 2009
    Doesn't matter RE: Bounty - THETANK took it when we got Heads-Up, which was thoroughly enjoyable so wp him.

This was a very good tourney, some good quality play in it. With better advertising this thing should really blossom and therefore hopefully we can start to see more of a similar nature fairly soon.
  • spitfire10spitfire10 Member Posts: 29
    edited July 2009
    Good game guys tonight really enjoyed it cant play tomorrow or sat but will be regular player if this tourney continues.
    Regarding the pay out structures could reaching the final table merit some sort of award ie free entry into another tourney of same value ps finished 5th tonight vested interest lol, just skim a bit of the top places to give final tablers  a bit of an award. Well played Tank by the way you played really well tonight.
  • THETANKTHETANK Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2009
    Thanks YoungUn & spitfire10, was a great game and a great h/up battle. Well played both.

Hopefully this tourny will get the support it deserves, after all we keep asking for bigger tournys and just 100 players mean 2k Gtd.