You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Technical issues on new tables

nickouk68nickouk68 Member Posts: 8
edited September 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions
The major technical problem I just had in my session was when the client (all tables and lobby) became completely unresponsive while playing at a seemingly random point in the session. It lasted about thirty seconds and obviously folded my hands and sat me out on all tables; I was only playing four and my computer can cope with 20+ on pokerstars so that shouldn't be a problem.

Secondly, on the new tables, the hand history won't load at all; every time I try, from any table, it takes about ten seconds and then says that no hand history has been found.

Comments

• Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Technical issues on new tables:
    T he major technical problem I just had in my session was when the client (all tables and lobby) became completely unresponsive while playing at a seemingly random point in the session. It lasted about thirty seconds and obviously folded my hands and sat me out on all tables; I was only playing four and my computer can cope with 20+ on pokerstars so that shouldn't be a problem. Secondly,  on the new tables, the hand history won't load at all; every time I try, from any table, it takes about ten seconds and then says that no hand history has been found.
    Posted by nickouk68
    haro,

when it froze, did you get a grey circle in the middle of your tables or did it all just stop and then speed up to catch up?? did the application close after the problem or just go back to working fine?

RE HH, you say it doesn't work on new tables, does it work if you open an old style table at the moment? 

can you view hhs from skypoker.com - my sky poker - myhh !?

• Options
    Sky_PokerSky_Poker Member Posts: 2,715
    edited August 2013
    T he major technical problem I just had in my session was when the client (all tables and lobby) became completely unresponsive while playing at a seemingly random point in the session. It lasted about thirty seconds and obviously folded my hands and sat me out on all tables; I was only playing four and my computer can cope with 20+ on pokerstars so that shouldn't be a problem. Secondly,  on the new tables, the hand history won't load at all; every time I try, from any table, it takes about ten seconds and then says that no hand history has been found.
    Posted by nickouk68
    Hi Nick

Sorry you had this problem. To be honest, that genuinely sounds like there was an issue at your end. Possibly (without knowing more) with your internet connection or router. There was certainly no wider issue that we are aware of where other people could not play like that for 30secs.

It's difficult to assist without knowing more but if you would like more help, please contact our customer care team and they will be glad to help you.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • Options
    FCHDFCHD Member Posts: 3,178
    edited August 2013
    This happens all the time on both old and new software. It's happened to me on different PC's, differnet versions of the software (both down load and browser) and on numerous different internet connections.

• Options
    AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited August 2013
    Are you connecting to your router via a wireless connection?
  • Options
    edge215edge215 Member Posts: 212
    edited August 2013
    Posted by nickouk68
    You where lucky it was at a random point....sky has a habit of disconnecting or not responding when people have just filled pkt aces...or flopped an unbeatable hand.....they refuse to acknowledge the problem ever lies with sky....instead preferring to regard people who have been playing online poker for years as pc idiots...duh! worst lag site online....though on the upside....great site when you do get unbroken games...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Technical issues on new tables:
    In Response to Technical issues on new tables : You where lucky it was at a random point....sky has a habit of disconnecting or not responding when people have just filled pkt aces...or flopped an unbeatable hand.....they refuse to acknowledge the problem ever lies with sky....instead preferring to regard people who have been playing online poker for years as pc idiots...duh! worst lag site online....though on the upside....great site when you do get unbroken games...
    Posted by edge215

whilst it may be fair to say they aren't quick enough to put their hands up to potential issues at their end. 

when you come in and talk with a blinkered and mindless perspective you can't expect to have yourself taken seriously. Pyschologically we just remember negative things alot more than positive, you don't mention that time you were about to bluff off 1 mirrion quids and it froze and they had the nuts and you saved loads of money.... obv that wouldn't get mentioned but that one time at band camp with AA zomg.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Technical issues on new tables : Hi Nick Sorry you had this problem. To be honest, that genuinely sounds like there was an issue at your end. Possibly (without knowing more) with your internet connection or router. There was certainly no wider issue that we are aware of where other people could not play like that for 30secs. It's difficult to assist without knowing more but if you would like more help, please contact our customer care team and they will be glad to help you. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker

HI SKYPOKER

it's really great of you to delete some of my posts selectively, if we were to delete posts based on substance you're post count would be very low. Thanks though.

IT'S POSSIBLY  a problem at skys end

POSSIBLY, BUT OBVIOUSLY LIKELY ITS OUR FAULT RIGHT. AMIRITE

POSSIBLY COULD YOU STOP THIS AWFUL MODDING.

you know just POSSIBLY NOT DEFINITELY.

THANKS VERY POSSIBLY POSTED BY BEANEH (POSSIBLY THOUGH NOT DEFINITELY). 
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Technical issues on new tables:
    In Response to Technical issues on new tables : Hi Nick Sorry you had this problem. To be honest, that genuinely sounds like there was an issue at your end. Possibly (without knowing more) with your internet connection or router. There was certainly no wider issue that we are aware of where other people could not play like that for 30secs. It's difficult to assist without knowing more but if you would like more help, please contact our customer care team and they will be glad to help you. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker

HI SKYPOKER

it's really great of you to delete some of my posts selectively, if we were to delete posts based on substance you're post count would be very low. Thanks though.

IT'S POSSIBLY  a problem at skys end

POSSIBLY, BUT OBVIOUSLY LIKELY ITS OUR FAULT RIGHT. AMIRITE

POSSIBLY COULD YOU STOP THIS AWFUL MODDING.

you know just POSSIBLY NOT DEFINITELY.

THANKS VERY POSSIBLY POSTED BY BEANEH (POSSIBLY THOUGH NOT DEFINITELY). 
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    lol good forum software

what a plucking farce 
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Are you connecting to your router via a wireless connection?
    Posted by AcidMan27
    Wireless connection. Best internet connection I have ever had; have only had one temporary shut out since i moved here, and that was fixed within a minute.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    My internet connection is extremely good, definitely the most reliable one I've ever had. The main reason I think it was a problem with the software was because the entire software froze... everyone's time-bars absolutely froze; if the internet had gone, they would have gone down to zero and THEN appeared to freeze. Also, the software was unclickable on (my mouse turning into the 'busy' icon). There is a small possibility my computer was having a moment, but it definitely wasn't my internet connection and I can handle far more tables (like 5 times as many) on other sites, so there is definitely some sort of issue your end, whether it is that Sky uses up more bandwidth or memory or something... Anyway, I'm just reporting what happened to me, so hopefully you can take that on board.

As for hand histories, that is still not working for me from the new tables, either when I click on a hand ID in the chat box or when I click 'show table hand history'... both times it loads nothing and says it timed out. The HH does work from the lobby, but obviously its an issue that it doesnt load from the new tables, one you can hopefully fix.

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Technical issues on new tables : haro, when it froze, did you get a grey circle in the middle of your tables or did it all just stop and then speed up to catch up?? did the application close after the problem or just go back to working fine? RE HH, you say it doesn't work on new tables, does it work if you open an old style table at the moment?  can you view hhs from skypoker.com - my sky poker - myhh !?
    Posted by beaneh
    Hi
    I replied in more depth to the sky poker person who  replied, also on this thread, but will try to answer the specific things you asked. No, it wasn't like when the internet disconnected, it completely froze with no grey circles,  all the time bars froze and then, after about thirty seconds, returned as if nothing had happened (actually 2 of the tables returned like 10 seconds before the other 2).

It works on old tables and from the lobby but not from new tables.

Nick
  • Options
    IndypopIndypop Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    These freeze outs happen to me a lot. It just happened now when I bet on A10 suited and then got frozen out whilst someone (presumably) raised me. All I get to see is my chips in his stack when I unfreeze.

I use a wireless connection but I've switched to LAN to check that and it's the same problem.

I've also tested it with two tables open simultaneously and it can affect just 1 table.  Equally I can observe another table in the same game as me and watch the action fine as it happens on the other table whilst my own table freezes me out.

I can also surf the internet as I'm being frozen out.

I'm confident THIS IS A SKY SOFTWARE ISSUE.

In terms of game play this site is better than 888 where I've been a member - but the software freezes are infuriating and have cost me money.

I can't describe how frustrating is it to be frozen out with a full house whilst some pleb with a pair raises you and you can't respond. On this basis I would advise other people to join elsewhere not here..
  • Options
    BENSON53BENSON53 Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2013
    I am unable to LaunchSuper Sunday tournament - also happened with 3.30.
    Do I need to do something different?
  • Options
    BENSON53BENSON53 Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2013
    I cannot access my table.
    Wh is that?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    In Response to Access to Super Sunday table:
    I cannot access my table. Wh is that?
    Posted by BENSON53

MTTs aren't on the new software.

if you are having a problem loading your table, are you 100% sure it's not popped up behind something else.

if so, have you tried restarting the software?

could you be logged in on two computers? if so it would open the table on the computer you logged into first. 

if not and you don't know what to do, LOL IM GOING TO SAY THIS, but contact customer support and explain your problem to the live chat people.

• Options
    stoneface1stoneface1 Member Posts: 92
    edited September 2013
    This site was, is and remains a JOKE! Anything to do with the murdochs has corruption written all over it and this lowly rated poker site has no intention of improving its reputation or software. Its only interest is making money and no other concern has any primary interest. This site is the only one I cannot hold my own on and I have done so for 25 years live and on other sites I actually only play here because I use skybet for football etc but not anymore.
    The only technical issue here is that SKY operates a site for poker and actually doesn't give a sh it about enhancing the experience or providing a product that runs anywhere near to poker expectations and probability. A worldwide enterprise with more money than sense or any ethical considerations wants banning. The software is corrupt and the site is a complete disgrace by any poker standard so fe ck off sky and stick your bulls hit enterprise where the sun dont shine!!
  • Options
    tamastamas Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2013
    this might have came up before.

my problem is that when i am on the waitlist the software sometimes loads the old software. but i cant close down the table if someone else is on the waitlist or i lose my seat. so i end up with some tables in new view and some in the old view. any way of fixing this?
  • Options
    FCHDFCHD Member Posts: 3,178
    edited September 2013
    Can't you launch the table as an observer in the new software before you join the waiting list, then close it, join the waiting list and then it should open up when the time comes in the new software?
  • Options
    tamastamas Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2013
    thanks guys il try it