You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Changes to the Sky Poker website

Sky_DesSky_Des Member Posts: 351
edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi everyone,

The Sky Poker team have made several changes to the website today that we'd like to make you aware of:-

1)  Website Redesign

We have redesigned the website for greater ease of use and navigation. 

The first phase of this redesign has been released this morning and you will find a cleaner home page with far simpler navigation.  An Info Panel containing 'Today', 'Promotions' and 'Poker School' information and relevant links will also be visible through the home and lobby pages.

The Cash, Tournament and Sit & Go lobby pages have also been redesigned to enable you to find the games you want to play more efficiently.  We have added a great deal of sorting and filtering functionality to help you with this. 

Tournaments also now have enhanced pop up information pages, where you will be able to see a much clearer breakdown of players, tables, game and prize structures.

You will also find some subtle design changes to the flash Table window.

There is also a great deal of improved functionality around 'Find A Player' while the Community area has been upgraded to be easier to navigate going forward.

Further redesign work; including a wider revision of the flash Table window, will be released early in the new year.

2)  Omaha

We're pleased to add Omaha Tournaments, Sit & Go and Cash Games on top of our popular Texas Hold'em variants. 

Omaha is a great action game and we'll be running lots of low stakes games to enable you to find your feet with this four card equivalent of Texas Hold'em. 

Information on simple Omaha strategy can be found via the Poker School links within the Info Panel on the home page and Tikay has also started some excellent threads on the forum.

Early in the new year we will add Omaha Hi-Lo and a range of Rebuy games to our lobby.

Stability continues to be our number one objective and we will continue to work hard with our partners with the aim of offering Sky Poker players an excellent service.   

A download product is scheduled for release in February while further developments wil be released shortly to further improve our service to you.  Look out for the introduction of Neteller as a payment option early in the new year also.

As with all product upgrades, you may find some bugs over the first few days and we would appreciate your feedback on those, so that we can put them right as soon as possible.  You can add your feedback to our bug list via this link.

In the meanwhile we hope you like the improvements and thank you for playing with Sky Poker.

Regards,

Des, on behalf of the Sky Poker team.

Comments

• Options
    paparonpaparon Member Posts: 186
    edited December 2009
    changes are good well done sky
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Changes to the Sky Poker website:
    Hi everyone, The Sky Poker team have made several changes on the website today that we'd like to make you aware of:- 1)  Website Redesign We have redesigned the website for greater ease of use and navigation.  The first phase of this redesign has been released this morning and you will find a cleaner home page with far simpler navigation.  An Info Panel containing 'Today', 'Promotions' and 'Poker School' information and links, will also be visible through the home and lobby pages. The Cash, Tournament and Sit & Go lobby pages have also been redesigned to enable you to find the games you want to play more efficiently.  We have added a great deal of sorting and filtering functionality to help you with this.  Tournaments also now have enhanced pop up information pages, where you will be able to see a much clearer breakdown of players, tables, game and prize structures available. You will also find some subtle design changes to the Flash Table window. There is also a great deal of improved functionality around 'Find Player' and the Community area has been upgraded to be easier to navigate going forward. Further redesign work; including a wider revision of the flash Table window, will be released early in the new year. 2)  Omaha. We're pleased to add Omaha Tournaments, Sit & Go and Cash Games on top of our popular Texas Hold'em variants.  Omaha is a great action game and we'll be running lots of low stakes games to enable you to find your feet with this four card equivalent of Texas Hold'em.  Information on simple Omaha strategy can be found via the Poker School links within the Info Panel on the home page and Tikay has also started some excellent threads on the forum. Early in the new year we will add Omaha High Low and a range of Rebuy games to our lobby. Stability continues to be our number one objective and we will continue to work hard with our partners with the aim of offering Sky Poker players an excellent service.    A download product is scheduled for release in February while further developments wil be released shortly to further improve our service to you.  Look out for the introduction of Neteller as a payment option early in the new year also. As with all product upgrades, you may find some bugs over the first few days and we would appreciate your feedback on those, so that we can put them right as soon as possible.  You can add your feedback to our bug list via this link . In the meanwhile we hope you like the improvements and thank you for playing with Sky Poker. Regards, Des, on behalf of the Sky Poker team.
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Hi Des,

The introduction of Omaha is great and i like the new look but i would like to know if the download version of sky will be compatable with poker tracker 3 and holdem manager?

Any chance you could answer this? 
  • Options
    SharksbiteSharksbite Member Posts: 146
    edited December 2009
    Awsome re vamp nice one sky!
  • Options
    Bet_NewsBet_News Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2009
    site looks great and with Omaha now on here its something i have been looking forward to.

• Options
    NeildownNeildown Member Posts: 1,635
    edited December 2009
    It looks young , fresh , funky...reminds my of a young Shayne Ward
  • Options
    SUPERNOVASUPERNOVA Member Posts: 403
    edited December 2009

It's looking terrific from what I've seen and at last Omaha is here, and even tho I'm not sure this is a good time to try it out with mentors about, if there is one of course...I just can't resist..wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :-)
  • Options
    pod1pod1 Member Posts: 4,377
    edited December 2009
    i think its great, like playing in HD

• Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited December 2009
    Looks really good, take a bit of getting used to.
  • Options
    achillachill Member Posts: 1,056
    edited December 2009
    Well done skypeople.

Really like the layout, much easier to use and at long last we have some omaha.

All good.
  • Options
    warticwartic Member Posts: 403
    edited December 2009

layout so much better as soon as you log on

• Options
    margatemafmargatemaf Member Posts: 849
    edited December 2009
    absolutely top BANANA!!! tables looking a bit like poker stars but hey you can't have everything!! I have been in london all day an just got back and was excited to see new layout / site and boy was i not disappointed. Not played on new tables yet, but barry has posted saying they are super smooth .... good enough for me!!

It's all coming together now!!! going to have a cuppa and then go an do a little bit more exploring and play a few games ;)

well done Des, Rich & CO!!! 
  • Options
    PILLOWMANPILLOWMAN Member Posts: 1,165
    edited December 2009
    FIRST IMPRESSION IS WOW , IMPRESSIVE ,AWESOME .HAVEN'T HAD TIME TO CHECK EVERYTHING OUT JET BUT LOOKING GREAT .WELL DONE GUYS AND GIRLS .

PS. COULD YOU DO MY KITCHEN NEXT ???
  • Options
    margatemafmargatemaf Member Posts: 849
    edited December 2009
    Sorry guys 2 more things ..... The picture of orford doing a bad Elvis impersonation on the community page has gotta go!! shiny new website then you hit the page with orford on it ... kinda off putting really lol ;) sorry "CHAMP"

An we still have those awful Avatars, Are there any plans to change them an allow players to use their own as well?
  • Options
    daveydaveydaveydavey Member Posts: 217
    edited December 2009
    A million times better, it's like starring at the sun...everything hits you!

V.well done sky
  • Options
    pr1nnyraidpr1nnyraid Member Posts: 495
    edited December 2009
    amazing im in love
  • Options
    35suited35suited Member Posts: 2,332
    edited December 2009
    First chance ive got on today, looks soooooo different sure i willlove it once ive gotten use to it
  • Options
    Rox75Rox75 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2009
    Hi all.
    I like new format.
    Well done....and now  Omaha.
    See you on tables

• Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited December 2009
    10/10 superb.........well done Sky. Crisp, clean, sharp and functional etc etc etc..... a great job.

High definition may give Tikay's make-up team some problems though. (Tikay, sponsored by Polyfilla)
  • Options
    kb245kb245 Member Posts: 435
    edited December 2009
    n Response to Re: Changes to the Sky Poker website:
    everything seems to be SMOOOOTH! good job wel done:))))))
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited December 2009
    CANT SAY ANYTHING ELSE OTHER THAN...........ITS FLOPPIN FANTASTIC.WELL DONE TO ALL WHO CREATED THIS AT SKY.TY