You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Blogs IV - We want you!

Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
edited December 2009 in Poker Chat

Hi Everyone,

firstly i want to say a big thank you and well done to our current blogging team who have done a fantastic job and really added something different to the community in the last few weeks - if you havn't already, make sure you read their efforts...

As we approach the New year the time has come to start the search for the next batch of user bloggers.... (bit like X- factor this!)

for those who haven't seen before or those who need a quick refresh, i posted this about a month ago...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As hopefully you have all seen we have a fantastic blogs section in the community, with some great examples from tikay, Richard Orford and Michelle Orpe to name but a few.
This is all well and good but the true Sky Poker Community is all about YOU our users, so we have decided to open our loving blogging arms and invite some of you to write blogs and publish them on our site.

What you have to do
If you are interested in writing a blog and feel you could make at least one new entry every week for a month then just give me a shout on this thread. We will pick up to 4 people based on their community contribution so far. We will also pick an overall winner at the end of August based on the popularity of the blog, number of comments and quality of the entries.

What to blog about?
You can blog about....just about... anything, that is the beauty of bloging. It could be poker themed, about your sports team, the weather or even your pet cat (just check out tikay's latest entry!). All we want are interesting blogs that our users will enjoy reading.

Please post here if you are interested and we will make our selections in the next week or so.

To get some inspiration check out all our other blogs here

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so who wants to play a major part in Sky Poker history and be the first batch of bloggers in 2010?

the current batch will another week or so to wind things down but i want to see who is interested and select a new batch in time for just after Christmas.

if you fancy a crack shout up this thread and i will announce who has been chosen in a week or so.

all the best guys...

Comments

• Options
    razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited December 2009
    CMON MR MBRO ITS YOUR TURN COLIN ,, YOUR BLOGS WOULD BE AS GOOD AS MINE WERE M8
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Blogs IV - We want you!:
    CMON MR MBRO ITS YOUR TURN COLIN ,, YOUR BLOGS WOULD BE AS GOOD AS MINE WERE M8
    Posted by razorkev
    Hi Kev,
    How can i resist such a heart felt request, my only worry is that if there as good as yours im stuffed lol.
    I dropped out last time as the forum clammer was for the current guys and i was happy to let them do it.
    Go on then i'll put my name into the hat again.

col
  • Options
    UncleNafeUncleNafe Member Posts: 36
    edited December 2009
    My vote would be for FlutNush (if he's up for it) - his posts are always an absolute stitch up :o)
  • Options
    35suited35suited Member Posts: 2,332
    edited December 2009
    My vote would be for FlutNush (if he's up for it) - his posts are always an absolute stitch up :o)
    Posted by UncleNafe
    I was gonig to post the same thing, he has to be one of them
  • Options
    MaggiesdadMaggiesdad Member Posts: 439
    edited December 2009
    I will throw my hat into the ring for next year.
  • Options
    goonasgoonas Member Posts: 22
    edited December 2009
    I will quite happily blog for this site on my Poker escapades...

I am not well known on here as only been here since August really - but I'd love to give it a go.

Edit: Also to note I am away from 27th Dec until the 4th Jan so if you need a blog to start then am afraid its probably best to discount me, but if you don't mind starting after that date I again am more than happy to give this a go :)
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited December 2009
    Rich  I cant find my old blogs anymore since the new lobby  ..help ! or PM  me thanks
  • Options
    margatemafmargatemaf Member Posts: 849
    edited December 2009
    stick me on that list rich, i'd be interested ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Rich  I cant find my old blogs anymore since the new lobby  ..help ! or PM  me thanks
    Posted by bennydip2

hi Benny,

your blog may have gone as it has been in-active for a few weeks. an easy way to find it is to access your profile area, then click 'my history'. just filter your way through all the pages of your activity until you find your blog entries. it might take you a while and you might have to go back a quite a few pages but they will be there.

if you need more help just shout.
  • Options
    DingdellDingdell Member Posts: 166
    edited December 2009
    I'll put my hat into the ring - I may have a few non poker takes I can tell about other stuff. Look away now if you are squeemish!!
  • Options
    FBSFBS Member Posts: 131
    edited December 2009
    hi Rich,

After a few weeks away due to other "stuff" getting in the way I'm up for it again if needed....

FBS
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited December 2009
    Time to bring Vince in to it.

Loonytoons or Noseybonk would also make great bloggers.

Trust me though, it will make you lose sleep trying to put together ideas.
  • Options
    FlutNushFlutNush Member Posts: 371
    edited December 2009
    *sigh* I suppose I'll have to bow to massive public demand (well... UncleNafe... and 35Suited... who are clearly erudite men of impeccable taste), and lob my trilby into the fighting enclosure too.
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited December 2009
    nice to see you just cut and paste your old comments Rich!!!

What? Too busy to type a new one?
  • Options
    KaidusKaidus Member Posts: 159
    edited December 2009
    I'm interested in this, at least this way I might actually remember to update it.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    nice to see you just cut and paste your old comments Rich!!! What? Too busy to type a new one?
    Posted by Hale72

ermmm, well if you read the whole thing you'll notice it isn't entirely copied and pasted!

"if it ain't broke..."  and all that
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited December 2009
    *sigh* I suppose I'll have to bow to massive public demand (well... UncleNafe... and 35Suited... who are clearly erudite men of impeccable taste), and lob my trilby into the fighting enclosure too.
    Posted by FlutNush
    I will translate... FlutNush would like to be a blogger please Rich.

Whoooopie, about time too sir!

• Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited December 2009
    Thanks Rich ... sigh  ..  I'll see if  I can find it  :)
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited December 2009
    hi skyrich,

soz about pm for the deepie,

now about this new sky bloggers thread,

i wish to put forward talon to become a sky blogger,

i believe he has  great penmanship,

also has great poker knowledge,

he is a very helpful guy both on the poker tables,

and in forum,

please note his excellent recent posts on omaha play,

a very nice and popular guy,

liked by most if not all.

your thankful Irish m8 rover.
  • Options
    LadyFingrsLadyFingrs Member Posts: 613
    edited December 2009
    I would actually be up for this.

I have a little expierience in writing so i think i could be good at this.