You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

New Sky Poker Tables on Tournaments and SNGs

SkyPeterSkyPeter Member Posts: 221
edited November 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions

Hi Everybody,

Today we have released our Brand New Sky Poker tables that have been available on Cash Games finally on Tournaments and Sit and Gos.

All games Sky Poker offer whether it's a Omaha Hi-Lo Sit and Go or the upcoming £20,000 Super Roller this Sunday can be played on the new software.

We hope you all enjoy the new tables which we have been working to build around feedback that you have given from the "Feedback Area" in the forum which will remain open if anyone would like to post a comment.

Please leave a comment below telling us what you think of the new software, it will be much appreciated.

Cheers everybody,

Sky Peter.

Comments

• Options
    gazza127gazza127 Member Posts: 2,156
    edited November 2013
    Dont know if youve noticed but there are 1 or 2 threads about this already.  Rancid will be over the moon that you have started another one ;)

I think the main crux of the other threads is the point that there isnt an option to continue using the old tables.  Many MTT players (including myself) havent really played on the new software.  Its a bit confusing and different... so will tske some time getting used to.  A lot of us would like an option to use the new software rather than being thrust into the deep end as it were.  This may be because some dont like it but also a fair few havent used it and would like a trial period.

I know that there have been freerolls with the new software but many regs dont play freerolls and dont have the middle of the day to try it out.  Cash players have had months to trial and adapt to it... im just asking that MTT players have the same privilege :)
  • Options
    PEACEPAWPEACEPAW Member Posts: 46
    edited November 2013
    In Response to New Sky Poker Tables on Tournaments and SNGs:
    Hi Everybody,   Today we have released our Brand New Sky Poker tables that have been available on Cash Games finally on Tournaments and Sit and Gos.   All games Sky Poker offer whether it's a Omaha Hi-Lo Sit and Go or the upcoming £20,000 Super Roller this Sunday can be played on the new software.   We hope you all enjoy the new tables which we have been working to build around feedback that you have given from the "Feedback Area" in the forum which will remain open if anyone would like to post a comment.   Please leave a comment below telling us what you think of the new software, it will be much appreciated.   Cheers everybody,   Sky Peter.
    Posted by SkyPeter
    New tables are awful. on freerolls a lot of players are shutting new tables down and relaunching old ones. so hopefully we will still have the option to choose.
  • Options
    kidwiz10kidwiz10 Member Posts: 569
    edited November 2013
    Yea im also one of them players who constantly closes down the new table and relaunches the old one just hope they dont change the cash tables to the new format so u can have an option to choose!.
  • Options
    jdsallstarjdsallstar Member Posts: 1,675
    edited November 2013
    will there be a new theme introduced similar to the new classic mini view theme that's shown in the feedback area but for the full version? i.e. 3 up 3 down.

How many themes will be made available?

When will this new classic mini view theme be available to use?
  • Options
    Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited November 2013
    Imo, it's obvious they're gonna move over to the new software full time in the near future with no option of the old one. Would be pretty stupid imo to spend all the money and time they have on the new software only to  continue running the old one too which I imagine comes with some cost. Also, it's only to be expected they want to be using 1 piece of software across the whole site.

It just takes a bit of getting used to and I'd suggest everyone tries to do that (and give advice on how to improve it if you have any) because a point will come when you HAVE to use it or play on another site and I'm sure most will stay on the site so the only thing it'll mean is that some have the advantage of having used it for months and being completely used to it.

It is new and different so feels awkward but deliberately closing it and using the old tables just means you'll never get used to it until the point where you have no choice.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Tables on Tournaments and SNGs:
    Imo, it's obvious they're gonna move over to the new software full time in the near future with no option of the old one. Would be pretty stupid imo to spend all the money and time they have on the new software only to  continue running the old one too which I imagine comes with some cost. Also, it's only to be expected they want to be using 1 piece of software across the whole site. It just takes a bit of getting used to and I'd suggest everyone tries to do that (and give advice on how to improve it if you have any) because a point will come when you HAVE to use it or play on another site and I'm sure most will stay on the site so the only thing it'll mean is that some have the advantage of having used it for months and being completely used to it. It is new and different so feels awkward but deliberately closing it and using the old tables just means you'll never get used to it until the point where you have no choice.
    Posted by Lambert180
    not entirely true! the new classic mini view theme sky have designed is very very similar to the old mini view style. Don't see why they can't do this for full screen also.

NEW

Old

• Options
    Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited November 2013
    Well yeah, that's there but it's still essentially the new software apart from 3x2 v 2x2x2, it's still got everything else from the new software.

I just mean, there's no point doing votes etc cos Sky are never gonna go 'ok we've spent a ton of money on this but we'll just ditch it cos people on the forum don't like it'. They just need suggestions to improve it rather than people asking for the old software.
  • Options
    gazza127gazza127 Member Posts: 2,156
    edited November 2013
    Well yeah, that's there but it's still essentially the new software apart from 3x2 v 2x2x2, it's still got everything else from the new software. I just mean, there's no point doing votes etc cos Sky are never gonna go 'ok we've spent a ton of money on this but we'll just ditch it cos people on the forum don't like it'. They just need suggestions to improve it rather than people asking for the old software.
    Posted by Lambert180

Just making it look like the old software would be a big plus.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Well yeah, that's there but it's still essentially the new software apart from 3x2 v 2x2x2, it's still got everything else from the new software. I just mean, there's no point doing votes etc cos Sky are never gonna go 'ok we've spent a ton of money on this but we'll just ditch it cos people on the forum don't like it'. They just need suggestions to improve it rather than people asking for the old software.
    Posted by Lambert180
    100% agree
  • Options
    FCHDFCHD Member Posts: 3,178
    edited November 2013
    Exactly gazza.

Leaving feedback on the new software doesn't seem to have been much use either, over the last three months there's been numerous suggestions, indications of problems etc, constructive commets etc. but the only thing that seems to have changed over all that time is the fixing of the player notes bug.
  • Options
    churchy18churchy18 Member Posts: 1,853
    edited November 2013
    Me personally i really dislike them they seem bulky and not as easy too use as the old tables. most i have talked too at the tables don,t like them either. so why change them?

Is there no way players could have a choice which table they want too play on? Like is done with the mtts and cash tables?

Also why is there nothing telling you when a player is sat out/sat back in as this can be a very important factor in dyms especially when down too the last 4?

• Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited November 2013
    Personally I like the new software...............

Lets not forget that the new software is just the starting block of greater things to come.

Old versus New.........

OLD Software
    Is generic and unable to withstand continuous development.
    It has at times been cumbersome & suffered continuous technical issues
    It's years behind it's competitors

Whats to like about the New Software
    It's a more reliable platform.
    It should (For the main part) run faster than the old software.
    It is able to sustain rapid & continuous development to suit everyone's tastes.
    It will be able to have customisable themes & colours in the near future.
    It will be able to have customisable table layouts in the near.
    Re-sizable Tables
    Auto Top Ups
    And much much more

In contrast, the old software is unable to be developed with many of these new features and we need a software that is able to grow & develop with the growing client database & our current needs.

Of course, from the beginning it will not be to everyone's taste, that is already clear to see, however, like everything new, we have to give it time to develop into its full potential.

With this new software will come many more exciting developments & additions in the future.

Rome wasn't built in a day, but at least this gives us the building blocks to make it happen.

IMO the OLD software is a bag of spanners in comparison and whilst I still like to use my old spanners from time to time, my adjustable spanner is much more versatile.
  • Options
    FlyingDaggFlyingDagg Member Posts: 4,146
    edited November 2013
    I've just played a DYM on the new software and have a couple of points. First off all I don't mind the new mini view as I just couldn't get along with the old miniview. As my table opened in standard view I decided to mess around with the sizing and noticed as I gradually shrank the table the writing in the chatbox and the hand No. info at the top of the table got extremely small indeed. Has this software been designed with the co-operation of Specsavers? So I carried on shrinking then when I reached mini size the writing suddenly got bigger?

Another point as I have a preferred table size between standard and mini will the software remember this setting or will I have to adjust size manually?

Oh and another thing it's all a bit boring being just variations of blue. Some colour options wouldn't go amiss e.g. table and backgound. Overall impression nearly there but not quite.
  • Options
    peter1936peter1936 Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2013
    Hi Everybody,   Today we have released our Brand New Sky Poker tables that have been available on Cash Games finally on Tournaments and Sit and Gos.   All games Sky Poker offer whether it's a Omaha Hi-Lo Sit and Go or the upcoming £20,000 Super Roller this Sunday can be played on the new software.   We hope you all enjoy the new tables which we have been working to build around feedback that you have given from the "Feedback Area" in the forum which will remain open if anyone would like to post a comment.   Please leave a comment below telling us what you think of the new software, it will be much appreciated.   Cheers everybody,   Sky Peter.
    Posted by SkyPeter
    I could see nothing wrong with the old format. As the Yanks say "if it aint broke, don't fix it". I find the new format difficult to play and generally offers no advantage over the old, rather the reverse.
  • Options
    VichelskiVichelski Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    Posted by SkyPeter
    Having used the new tables a few times, the features that I miss from the old style tables are not having the table number visible in a MTT and not being able to freeze the Chat Box so that you can look back at the action from a previous hand or review "conversations / comments".  Other than that, I think that I will learn to get used to the more modern look of the new tables.
  • Options
    belsibubbelsibub Member Posts: 2,527
    edited November 2013
    Got to agree about the game info tab made over complicated,should be able to see it all at a glance not have to scroll up & down.Hand history stuck right at the bottom i use all the time is a pain could use a way to refresh hand history from pop-up to save going up & down like a merry go round(<<<clean version).
  • Options
    trick153trick153 Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2013
    Posted by SkyPeter
    It's the end for me, no option to launch old tables and don't see any cards on table apart from my own, using Safari on Macbook time for a break until its fixed hopeless
  • Options
    F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited November 2013
    Posted by Lambert180
    Not necessarily. Yes, they have spent a lot of time and money on the new software but if it ends up getting rid of customers, then is it worth it?
  • Options
    LnarinOOLnarinOO Member Posts: 545
    edited November 2013
    absoliute fail..!!!

way too confusing doubt i wanna try and get used to it- 

i play cash along side MTT;s on ere and even  i cant keep up with jus 6 tables- 
    it should be as simple as possible and if u put the old next to the new theres a clear winner-
    if u spend money to make somthing - make it gooood ..!!!!

terrible play sky
  • Options
    LnarinOOLnarinOO Member Posts: 545
    edited November 2013
    and whos givin the feed back to make this .!!! 

id want my money back if i paid for this rubbish