You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

New Sky Poker Tables on Tournaments and SNGs

2»

Comments

• Options
    TENDERFOOTTENDERFOOT Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2013
    In Response to New Sky Poker Tables on Tournaments and SNGs:
    Hi Everybody,   Today we have released our Brand New Sky Poker tables that have been available on Cash Games finally on Tournaments and Sit and Gos.   All games Sky Poker offer whether it's a Omaha Hi-Lo Sit and Go or the upcoming £20,000 Super Roller this Sunday can be played on the new software.   We hope you all enjoy the new tables which we have been working to build around feedback that you have given from the "Feedback Area" in the forum which will remain open if anyone would like to post a comment.   Please leave a comment below telling us what you think of the new software, it will be much appreciated.   Cheers everybody,   Sky Peter.
    Posted by SkyPeter
    new tables are not as good to use as the old ones
  • Options
    DARK4NIGHTDARK4NIGHT Member Posts: 110
    edited November 2013
    New Software not good. Twice tonight the hole cards have disappeared, having to play hands blind against players who obviously can see the hole cards. This is not good at all. Can I have a refund?
  • Options
    IrishRoseIrishRose Member Posts: 1,663
    edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Tables on Tournaments and SNGs:
    New Software not good. Twice tonight the hole cards have disappeared, having to play hands blind against players who obviously can see the hole cards. This is not good at all. Can I have a refund?
    Posted by DARK4NIGHT
    I had this in the £12 semi for the 9pm game :(   Could see my hole cards maybe every 2 or 3 hands - complete pain in the .......
  • Options
    churchy18churchy18 Member Posts: 1,853
    edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Tables on Tournaments and SNGs : Not necessarily. Yes, they have spent a lot of time and money on the new software but if it ends up getting rid of customers, then is it worth it?
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    agreed what is the point in us playing on the site when we don,t enjoy the layout/look of the tables.
    and by the amount of people complaining sky will take note which is proved by this post from sky.

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3acc51f231-36b1-4c29-bea6-e9089502616d&plckCurrentPage=0

And also i like a lot of others don,t really care whether sky is behind or ahead of its competitors.as if i did i would play on those sites not sky
  • Options
    BAGGPUSSBAGGPUSS Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2013
    Sky it is obvious alot of people want the choice of styleandIthink that over the next few weeks as people try to adaptthey will find exacly what I have found.

THE NEW STYLE MAKES IT HARDER TO CONCENTRATE

That being the case poor decision making results and your out of the tourney......... at between £11 and £55a time I wont be entering any more.......... until the old style is made available as an option.

As for other comments that state there is no going back so just deal with it ....... I will ........ I will leave the site and find a more comfortable viewing experience at one of the many many cometitor sites that are now available.

I just dont see the point of playing on software that I dont like ...... I play for enjoyment not frustration and dont want to pay to be tilted by the style of a table......... 

DONT DO THE CASH TABLES OR I AM GONE IN A FLASH

Thank You 
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited November 2013
    Tried out the new software on MTT's and really struggled to follow the action, so switched back to the old version.

The Game info tab needs to fit the info without having to scroll down too.

A thin black horizontal randomly appears in the middle of each table for a few seconds at a time.

The betting buttons need to be more responsive, sometimes have to click several times for it to respond.

Basically, just the general design makes it much harder to follow the action.

Hopefully when the new version of the old mini view is released, I'll be much happier.
  • Options
    Mayhem357Mayhem357 Member Posts: 87
    edited November 2013

As someone who multi-tables, I was shocked and confused when the new tables popped up yesterday!  I seemed to spend more time getting used to the table layout and graphics rather than focusing on playing poker - luckilly I still ended in profit but I didn't feel comfortable at all yesterday.

One request,  is there an option to make the comments sticky (on a players name) more noticeable please?  Also the timer appears to go a lot fast when it's your turn to act and I preferred radio buttons to the block buttons for actions.

• Options
    liz28liz28 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    I ate new tables wont be playing on sky poker anymore now :( xxxx
  • Options
    FCHDFCHD Member Posts: 3,178
    edited November 2013
    A couple of new points picked up from playing Omaha Hi-Lo DYMs last night

Your hand description in the middle of the table scrolls betwen high hand and low hand. There seems to be plenty of space for both to be displayed at the same time, so can this be fixed please?

The current blind level and time to next level is a) far too tiny and b) being in blue on a blue background, very difficult for me to read. I even had to ask someone else to read it out to me at one point last night (Is this breaking the one player to a hand rule?!?!?!) and in the end when I started to get a little tired I gave on my session an hour or two earlier than I would have because of the difficulty of reading this vital information.
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,036
    edited November 2013
    A couple of new points picked up from playing Omaha Hi-Lo DYMs last night Your hand description in the middle of the table scrolls betwen high hand and low hand. There seems to be plenty of space for both to be displayed at the same time, so can this be fixed please? The current blind level and time to next level is a) far too tiny and b) being in blue on a blue background, very difficult for me to read. I even had to ask someone else to read it out to me at one point last night (Is this breaking the one player to a hand rule?!?!?!) and in the end when I started to get a little tired I gave on my session an hour or two earlier than I would have because of the difficulty of reading this vital information.
    Posted by FCHD

+1
    Gives me eye strain trying to read the new tables because everything is so small and faint.
    Can't be that difficult to change a few colours so that is more of a contrast between table & background.
    The font size of chips that are bet need to be slightly bigger.
    Thanks
  • Options
    trick153trick153 Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Tables on Tournaments and SNGs : I had this in the £12 semi for the 9pm game :(   Could see my hole cards maybe every 2 or 3 hands - complete pain in the .......
    Posted by IrishRose
    exactly the same for me hole cards not visible most of the time hopeless
  • Options
    FlyingDaggFlyingDagg Member Posts: 4,146
    edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Tables on Tournaments and SNGs : +1 Gives me eye strain trying to read the new tables because everything is so small and faint. Can't be that difficult to change a few colours so that is more of a contrast between table & background. The font size of chips that are bet need to be slightly bigger. Thanks
    Posted by VespaPX
    In full size some of the writing is way too small. There's bound to be severe eye strain especially if multi tabling. I'd be very interested to hear eyemans view (for those who don't know hes an optician).
     Oddly enough if you play in min view everything is much more readable.
  • Options
    CUJimmiCUJimmi Member Posts: 43
    edited November 2013
    DON'T LIKE NEW FORMAT AT ALL, OLD IS SIMPLE AND CLEAR, JUST LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Reg22Reg22 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    Am not liking the new format, too big, why do the cards need to be so big. I think sky also lose the professionalism. make it look babyish. NOT A FAN!!!
  • Options
    FCHDFCHD Member Posts: 3,178
    edited November 2013
    I've just played one of the £300 freerolls alongside another MTT, and when you reduce the window size so the format changes (to what I assume is going to be termed the new "mini view" the blind level information disappears completely.
  • Options
    GollygoshGollygosh Member Posts: 123
    edited November 2013
    i am registered blind and could play ok in mini veiw on the old graphics  I now find it almost impossible to see to play  I use an ipad to play  How do you make the table into mini? The contrast is so poor and there is too much difference in sizes  I dont like the new cards either  I have never used another site because i could see the tables ok on sky and have noticed while watching tv, that the graphics are just as awful on other sites but i may have to go searching 
  • Options
    jdsallstarjdsallstar Member Posts: 1,675
    edited November 2013
    had my first real go on the tables tonight. 4 tabled mtt's all on mini view. Apart from losing 3 70/30 flips they played pretty well for me lol

Minor issues:

-Hand history could be easier accessed (have it on main table screen).
    -The tab that shows were you are in tournament (cant remember name of it) could be better - can you not make text smaller to squeeze more of it in so you don't have to scroll.
    -Not keen on position of bets by players on left and right (I think this is reason people are finding it hard to follow)
    -chips graphics a bit rubbish.
    -away player needs to be more obvious
    -players bounty value looks a bit rubbish too.
    -players name and stack size text should stand out a little bit more
    -colours in general could do with tweaking (as i said on another post too many blues)

Other than that I thought they played fine and I had no problem following the action. If only lady luck had been on my side.........
  • Options
    BAGGPUSSBAGGPUSS Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2013
    I have been out checking the competition, should I need to jump ship.

Bet Fred - NO
    WSOP  - NO
    888 - NO

PARTY POKER YES YES YES lovely and relaxed once again as I lose but at least I enjoyed it, which I do not on the new style that Sky have forced onto us.

So I will play cash only from now on and tournies elsewhere until the cash tables on Sky go the same way as the MTT's at which point I will play all games elsewhere.

Kind regards to anyone from Sky following these threads, been a good site for quite a while but all good things come to an end at some point and you have brought about your own downfall

PARTY POKER PARTY POKER PARTY POKER PASRTY POKER
  • Options
    cobbler78cobbler78 Member Posts: 65
    edited November 2013
    Awful, keeps disconnecting and im getting blinded out while away. Complained to helpdesk, offered £5 token but not what I lost as they had no evidence, even though you can see from my hand histories I was blinded out. DISGRACEFUL!!!