You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Horrible new Tables

KuttlefishKuttlefish Member Posts: 2
edited November 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions
Last night played a BH and could not see the player I knocked out. Tonight played a BH and could not see the player that knocked me out. Please can we have the old tables back? It just is not easy o see what is happening on the table.

Comments

• Options
    churchy18churchy18 Member Posts: 1,853
    edited November 2013
    In Response to Horrible new Tables:
    Last night played a BH and could not see the player I knocked out. Tonight played a BH and could not see the player that knocked me out. Please can we have the old tables back? It just is not easy o see what is happening on the table.
    Posted by Kuttlefish
    this link will show you how too get the old tables for a wee bit longer..

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3acc51f231-36b1-4c29-bea6-e9089502616d&plckCurrentPage=0
  • Options
    CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,812
    edited November 2013
    For what its worth change is always hard. I did not really like the new tables but after playing many hours on them via cash I have now got used to them. There are more positives than negatives but all I can say is give it a fair chance!
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,061
    edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Horrible new Tables:
    For what its worth change is always hard. I did not really like the new tables but after playing many hours on them via cash I have now got used to them. There are more positives than negatives but all I can say is give it a fair chance!
    Posted by CraigSG1
    +1
  • Options
    BAGGPUSSBAGGPUSS Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2013
    The new style tilts me before the game starts, not comfortable to view so I will stop playing any tournies until cash goes the same way at which point I will save a fortune, or the mebers at PARTY POKER will benefit instead of all you guys and gals on Sky that have had alot of money from me over the years. 

Sadly you will have to locate another source to build your bankroll (LOL)

More to the point Sky, you lose my contributions to the rake, suggest you keep a close eye on profit margins over the next few weeks as I think you might see a decline in the number of players using the site.

Solution - Offer choice of style new or old SIMPLES 
  • Options
    chicknMeltchicknMelt Member Posts: 1,159
    edited November 2013
    There will be teathing problems. People dont like change. You will get used to it. 

If Tikay can figure out which buttons to press then anyone can :D
  • Options
    DivsDreamsDivsDreams Member Posts: 301
    edited November 2013
    Tried new tables in freerolls. no time for them..
    Should always be an option to use old tables. don't see why not..
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Tried new tables in freerolls. no time for them.. Should always be an option to use old tables. don't see why not..
    Posted by DivsDreams
    Because new features will be harder to introduce (time banks, antes...anything), and maintenance will have to be done for both sets of sw.

Personally I don't see what all the fuss is about- I multi table and actually quite like the new sw- the action buttons appear as soon as you can make a decision and are a lot bigger than the old checkboxes. Teething problems will be sorted out and a mini view is being introduced...what more do u want??
  • Options
    ACEGOONERACEGOONER Member Posts: 1,428
    edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Horrible new Tables : Because new features will be harder to introduce (time banks, antes...anything), and maintenance will have to be done for both sets of sw. Personally I don't see what all the fuss is about- I multi table and actually quite like the new sw- the action buttons appear as soon as you can make a decision and are a lot bigger than the old checkboxes. Teething problems will be sorted out and a mini view is being introduced...what more do u want??
    Posted by chicknMelt
    +1 as chicknmelt has said sky are looking to bring in a version of mini view these tables are a massive step forward for the site. Why is it we get the same people moaning on every thread that involves some sort of change on the site.
  • Options
    GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,202
    edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Horrible new Tables : +1 as chicknmelt has said sky are looking to bring in a version of mini view these tables are a massive step forward for the site. Why is it we get the same people moaning on every thread that involves some sort of change on the site.
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    a little harsh
    thread was started by a first time forum poster
    and the changes were implemented with no obvious prior warning for pure mtt players
    and without giving them any means to practice beforehand
    so feel there is some cause for complaint, no?
  • Options
    ACEGOONERACEGOONER Member Posts: 1,428
    edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Horrible new Tables : a little harsh thread was started by a first time forum poster and the changes were implemented with no obvious prior warning for pure mtt players and without giving them any means to practice beforehand so feel there is some cause for complaint, no?
    Posted by GELDY
    My wrath wasnt intended for the OP, apologies if this wasnt clear. But work youre way through a few threads and you see the same character moaning. 

Sky have already rolled out the new software on a few mtts during the day.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Ok, so maybe sky could have made it a bit clearer exactly when it will happen. We have however all known for some time (months?) that it will happen at some point. We have all had time, if we needed it, to try out the new software and get used to it.

It may have been tactical not to announce the change if there were concerns about the reactions but confidence people will come around...
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,102
    edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Horrible new tables:
    Ok, so maybe sky could have made it a bit clearer exactly when it will happen. We have however all known for some time (months?) that it will happen at some point. We have all had time, if we needed it, to try out the new software and get used to it. It may have been tactical not to announce the change if there were concerns about the reactions but confidence people will come around...
    Posted by chicknMelt
    Correctamondo.

It was a sort of "soft-launch", so that it could be fiffed faffed & fettled, but everyone has been hoping it would soon arrive, & asking for it impatiently, & it is a TOTALLY new site, so it's bound to be a bit "awkward" & different until folks get used to it. Despite many who regularly suggest otherwise, the Suits ain't daft, & they know that it won't meet with the approval of every single player. What it will do is allow the site to attract a lot of new or "lapsed" players, so if there is a bit of chuntering along the way, so be it, overall it will have a very positive impact.

The old you can't please all of the people thing was never more true.

It'll be just fine.  

• Options
    edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Horrible new tables:
    In Response to Re: Horrible new tables : Correctamondo. It was a sort of "soft-launch", so that it could be fiffed faffed & fettled, but everyone has been hoping it would soon arrive, & asking for it impatiently, & it is a TOTALLY new site, so it's bound to be a bit "awkward" & different until folks get used to it. Despite many who regularly suggest otherwise, the Suits ain't daft, & they know that it won't meet with the approval of every single player. What it will do is allow the site to attract a lot of new or "lapsed" players, so if there is a bit of chuntering along the way, so be it, overall it will have a very positive impact. The old you can't please all of the people thing was never more true.   It'll be just fine.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    but with respect
    to do a hard changeover with no warning, impacting on some peoples livelihood
    is probably the least helpful way to help people run their business (ie mtt-grinders)
    and unlikely to engender much support for their actions from those affected
    regardless of the worthiness of the intent
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    and on a lighter note (being results orientated)
    I just won a hand in a speedy BH while writing that post
    I hit return at the end of a line
    but the new style table i'm playing on stole the focus and my return became a minraise!
    had total junk but luckily everyone folded
  • Options
    devonfish5devonfish5 Member Posts: 4,291
    edited November 2013
    just thought i'd add my 2c worth on the new tables...

yes, they are new and will not please everyone.
    after several weeks/months playing them, I've got used to them, and find them ok.
    some things are better some are not.
    I think more could have been added to them to make them more fun for playing,( take a look at the 888 tables Sky,)
    my verdict... ok, but nothing to get excited about... YET

:)
    dev
  • Options
    DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited November 2013
    I like em..

• Options
    gixxerk4gixxerk4 Member Posts: 213
    edited November 2013
    Slowly getting there with them normally 9 table dyms but had to drop to 4 and now up to 6 but think it will be a while before I can get to 9 again eyestrain a big problem (never happened before could comfortably play for 8 hrs on old tables ) colours to similar info just not obvious so takes longer to act so pretty soon you have too much going on and struggle to catch up and end up missing good hands or sitting out.
    Have 9 tabled on a few sites without problems its just these tables hopefully the new mini version will arrive sooner rather than later
  • Options
    EASYFIXEASYFIX Member Posts: 332
    edited November 2013
    regrettably I hate them and everything about them, the new ones were fine so if it ain't broke why fix it..... they just glare right back at you and half an hour after starting to play on one it was giving me a headache. No I mean a real full blown migraine headache which lasted over a day.... thankfully there was the option of using the old style tables but once that alternative is gone and if there's no option to change the colour of the table/background I'm afraid it'll be the end of sky for me... either that or i'll have to start wearing a big pair of sunglasses!!!!!!!! (exclamation marks especially for TK)

I'm not against change when its for the better but an option not to have to use that colour scheme would be very helpful... 
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    i do not like the new layout gives me a headache
  • Options
    FCHDFCHD Member Posts: 3,178
    edited November 2013
    I don't mind the basics of the layout (even if the graphics do look a little on the cheap side, if I can see what the cards are that's OK with me).

It's the whole "50 shades of blue" that makes them very, very difficult to play for me. I don't have the best of eyesight but I can't read (unless I squint very severely) the blind level information and time to next blind jump. This is very important information on a DYM, and trying to play for more than about an hour literally gives me a headache and I have to walk away for a couple of hours. Also I can't notice the difference in shade of a player who is supposed to be away.

Of course there are positives (resizable tables being the main one), but I physically cannot play half the amount of time I could on the old tables.