You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

POP QUIZ HOTSHOT!!!!! - 6th JULY

Sky_AndySky_Andy Member Posts: 91
edited July 2009 in Poker Chat

Ok Hotshot,

You're playing in a $1,500 Hold'em event in the WSOP. You're now Head's Up against Daniel Negreanu who has a 2/1 chip lead.

You've now been playing heads up for around 4 hours and Daniel offers you a deal. He want's the bracelet and is willing to offer you the 1st place prize money.

What do you do Hotshot?!?!?!

Comments

• Options
    razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited July 2009
    good question andy.,, i have one, when i get final tble 2 nite all plyers fold plse so i take 1st prize..
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited July 2009

I would take the 50 50, phone a friend and then open the box (wonder how many of you will remeber Open the Box ?)

• Options
    pokerismepokerisme Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2009
    no deal try ya best to beat him you have the money the bracelet and some hefty bragging rights

if all else fails have box 13 lol
  • Options
    IAMALLIN2IAMALLIN2 Member Posts: 561
    edited July 2009
    Option 3 for me, would offer deal to take bracelet (worth more) knowing that the money means nothing to him
    Then i would re-negotiate for all prize money.
    after all its DANIEL NEGRANO my hero.
    Gary
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,167
    edited July 2009
    Take the deal. I could use the money to buy my own bracelet ...... but I wouldn't because I'm a man, but I could get my mum one :-D

• Options
    dowzerdowzer Member Posts: 218
    edited July 2009
    Depends on the difference between first and second place so, in the absense of any knowledge of how much we are talking about, I would go for the bracelet and the money. If the amounts in question were vast then I *might* take the money but we would need to be talking hundreds of thousands.
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited July 2009
    Option two please,

The idea is that you EARN the Bracelet and the Money. 

I wouldnt forgive my self if i didnt try to beat the guy. I dont care how good he is, the fact he offered this deal would anger me so much i would go for it big time and ultimatley hope to get lucky. How can he expect to "buy" a bracelet... cheeky get,

Besides, 2nd Place prize money would be worth winning in its self. i dont want dontations thank you.

• Options
    IAMALLIN2IAMALLIN2 Member Posts: 561
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: POP QUIZ HOTSHOT!!!!! - 6th JULY:
    Option two please, The idea is that you EARN the Bracelet and the Money.  I wouldnt forgive my self if i didnt try to beat the guy. I dont care how good he is, the fact he offered this deal would anger me so much i would go for it big time and ultimatley hope to get lucky. How can he expect to "buy" a bracelet... cheeky get, Besides, 2nd Place prize money would be worth winning in its self. i dont want dontations thank you.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Would agree but it`s DANIEL NEGRANO, N E 1 else would not deal

P.S Thanks Greg for the railing last night, a big help, also very glad to see you burst the bubble.
    Gary
  • Options
    RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
    edited July 2009
    Hi all- get your votes in for the poll please, plus you can use this thread for all your usual banter for the live show tonight. It all gets read out on the show, and it all goes into a hat, from which one lucky winner will be drawn to win a poker book.

I'll be on with Ed in 15 minutes on Channel 865 and/or on the website stream so make sure you've got it on and you're playing in tonight's Bounty Hunter. Michelle Orpe is playing, so there's one place you've laddered already.

Good luck all and speak soon!
  • Options
    THESWISSTHESWISS Member Posts: 238
    edited July 2009
    In Response to POP QUIZ HOTSHOT!!!!! - 6th JULY:
    Ok Hotshot, You're playing in a $1,500 Hold'em event in the WSOP. You're now Head's Up against Daniel Negreanu who has a 2/1 chip lead. You've now been playing heads up for around 4 hours and Daniel offers you a deal. He want's the bracelet and is willing to offer you the 1st place prize money. What do you do Hotshot?!?!?!
    Posted by Sky_Andy
    You have already won 2nd place prize money, so i would definately play for the bracelet and 1st place prize money. Also Kid Poker is overrated, lol.
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited July 2009

Hi Rich and Ed

That first hand you showed i was away due to comp problems- no way i fold the 8 there!

Greg

• Options
    dowzerdowzer Member Posts: 218
    edited July 2009
    Rich, whats with the trainers? Letting the side down!!!! Scruffy get.....
  • Options
    karllukekarlluke Member Posts: 910
    edited July 2009
    i would take the deal and have a copy bracelet made karlluke
  • Options
    MichelleOMichelleO Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2009

As I have read said book, it comes as no surprise to me at all that Rich & Ed have to use 'The Game' dating manuel to help them with the ladies. 

Also, why do I feel like I've stumbled across a Mel Gibson, leathal Weapon, appreciation society...

M x
  • Options
    kirstiikirstii Member Posts: 787
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: POP QUIZ HOTSHOT!!!!! - 6th JULY:
    In Response to POP QUIZ HOTSHOT!!!!! - 6th JULY : You have already won 2nd place prize money, so i would definately play for the bracelet and 1st place prize money. Also Kid Poker is overrated, lol.
    Posted by THESWISS
    Kid poker is overrated? That's like saying Rich is going to be the next main event winner!! lol
  • Options
    SpikeladSpikelad Member Posts: 406
    edited July 2009
    Refuse the deal it is only Daniel Negreanu you are up against after all;You simply outplay him take all his chips and then you have the bracelet and the first place prize money.
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited July 2009
    In Response to POP QUIZ HOTSHOT!!!!! - 6th JULY:
    Ok Hotshot, You're playing in a $1,500 Hold'em event in the WSOP. You're now Head's Up against Daniel Negreanu who has a 2/1 chip lead. You've now been playing heads up for around 4 hours and Daniel offers you a deal. He want's the bracelet and is willing to offer you the 1st place prize money. What do you do Hotshot?!?!?!
    Posted by Sky_Andy
    Hi Guys
    I would turn into the Hulk, go green and scare him into submission.
    If that failed, then a less subtle approach would be called for.

col
  • Options
    MichelleOMichelleO Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2009
    Richard and Ed are in trouble.....
  • Options
    SherlockSherlock Member Posts: 109
    edited July 2009

Couldn't agree more with Richard & Ed - take the money.

If you really want a bracelet, with $600,000 you can enter a few of the remaining or next years events & give it another go - let's face it - if you managed to get heads up in one of the events then you would have a good chance of doing again - and this time you can afford it :)

Regards, Seán

• Options
    RIVVARATRIVVARAT Member Posts: 16
    edited July 2009
    Take the deal then mug him in the car park - its phil helmuth, my nan could have him !!!! ;)