You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

river cards

saraman07saraman07 Member Posts: 66
edited January 2014 in Community Suggestions
why is there so many twist on river on sky poker this doesnt happen in live poker its so bad its laughable takes the poker out of poker and turns it into a game of snap

Comments

• kidwiz10kidwiz10 Member Posts: 569
    edited December 2013
    Your basically saying that sky "choose" who they want to win on the river?.

People complain about the river so much but you dont realise that the 5th card is no different from the 1st card that comes out there is 5 cards in total just is more annoying that when u lose on the river eg.

Another reason why you think there is so many "twists" is because live is usually 9 players and your lucky to play 20 hands an hour online is 6 max and easily tripples that per hour its much faster paces all automatically done.

So seriously think of the reasons why its different to online before you start posting things an as i can see your a new player/poster.

All online sites are the same just much faster paced and you will get sucked out many times and get lucky yourself also so it works both ways.
  • troggmantroggman Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2014
    i agree with saraman the amount of times you get blasted by the river is unbelievabley high  i dont for a second think sky is fixing it in any way whatsoever   but i do think the software shoild be looked at an updated
  • HUndeadHUndead Member Posts: 5
    Because sky poker only make money from busting players out. Thy have no value for the game just stealing money. They are utter scum and should be sent to prison. Means they need less house players.....cheating scum
  • HUndeadHUndead Member Posts: 5
    kidwiz10 said:

People complain about the river so much but you dont realise that the 5th card is no different from the 1st card that comes out there is 5 cards in total just is more annoying that when u lose on the river eg.

Another reason why you think there is so many "twists" is because live is usually 9 players and your lucky to play 20 hands an hour online is 6 max and easily tripples that per hour its much faster paces all automatically done.

So seriously think of the reasons why its different to online before you start posting things an as i can see your a new player/poster.

All online sites are the same just much faster paced and you will get sucked out many times and get lucky yourself also so it works both ways.
    This must be a sky employee.....yes sky poker cheat...….they are utter scum with no values for fair play. This site has hardly any players and why?? cause its rigged and not designed for players to win and all poker players know that.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,631
    HUndead said:

kidwiz10 said:

This must be a sky employee.....yes sky poker cheat...….they are utter scum with no values for fair play. This site has hardly any players and why?? cause its rigged and not designed for players to win and all poker players know that.
    ffs vent , we all like to vent , but surely you can vent in a reasonable manner instead of making yourself look a fool
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,024
    HUndead said:

kidwiz10 said:

Did you get the wrong size slippers for Xmas?
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,723
    HUndead said:

Because sky poker only make money from busting players out. Thy have no value for the game just stealing money. They are utter scum and should be sent to prison. Means they need less house players.....cheating scum

By “sky poker only make money from busting players out” do you mean out of tournaments?

The people playing tournaments have all paid rake, it matters not one jot who gets bust out, Sky make the same amount.

If it affects you so much when you bust, be it by bad beat or bad play I suggest this game isn’t for you, take up another hobby.
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,165
    tomgoodun said:

HUndead said:

By “sky poker only make money from busting players out” do you mean out of tournaments?

The people playing tournaments have all paid rake, it matters not one jot who gets bust out, Sky make the same amount.

If it affects you so much when you bust, be it by bad beat or bad play I suggest this game isn’t for you, take up another hobby.
    It's a great business model. WSOP, WPT, EPT, etc have been milking it for years. They take a hit on the one person who doesn't bust out (probably a "house player"), but make it all back by busting all the others. It's genius really.
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,165
    edited December 2018
    VespaPX said:

Did you get the wrong size slippers for Xmas?

Must have been something that serious to warrant digging up such an old thread. Grrrr I'm so angry I'm going to find a very old post and really let them know how bad it is (still). Grrrrr. Who's upset you today? You won't believe it! It's that 5th card on the board. It was totally not what I wanted it to be. Grrrrrrrr. Angry. Ooo I could crush a grape. Grrrrr. I'nt poker annoying?

• kalooki8kalooki8 Member Posts: 442
    The problem lads, is that you're not paying your subscription to Tikay. His sole purpose is to sit at the computer and rig every hand of those who haven't paid. He especially loves a good giggle on the river - if you've ever watched the 'Good Place' well that's him, he's an alien who makes you think you're in the good place but Oh no, you're in the bad place.
    Now I have only paid a fiver a month for the last 11 years, so only have an average profit. (I get left alone on the river in the main but now and again I swear I can hear Mutlee's hee hee sounds through my headphones, as that flush comes in).
    Now - you take someone like MattBates, he probably doesn't know the difference between a straight flush and a banana, however he pays his dues and is therefore given good cards and evil TK leaves him alone on the river.
    Hope this explains it.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,082
    Type your comment
    kalooki8 said:

The problem lads, is that you're not paying your subscription to Tikay. His sole purpose is to sit at the computer and rig every hand of those who haven't paid. He especially loves a good giggle on the river - if you've ever watched the 'Good Place' well that's him, he's an alien who makes you think you're in the good place but Oh no, you're in the bad place.
    Now I have only paid a fiver a month for the last 11 years, so only have an average profit. (I get left alone on the river in the main but now and again I swear I can hear Mutlee's hee hee sounds through my headphones, as that flush comes in).
    Now - you take someone like MattBates, he probably doesn't know the difference between a straight flush and a banana, however he pays his dues and is therefore given good cards and evil TK leaves him alone on the river.
    Hope this explains it.

Don't say stuff like that @kalooki8, there will be some who actually believe it.

;)
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    @saraman07 Like you I get turned over by the river many,many times and also think. hmmmm...but then again now I remember..Oh yes I get THAT river card so often as well!

Game of skill with a game of chance thrown in for good measure
  • misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    Poker, (no limit hold em);

Just 52 cards

Just divided into four equal suits, of thirteen cards
    Just ‘simply’ fundamentally ‘based on PROBABILTY

Quote; un Quote;

People complain about the river so much but you don’t realise that the 5th card is no different from the 1st card that comes out;there (are) not is,5 cards in total just is more annoying that when u lose on the river eg.

quote unquote ( sky poker forum ‘river cards’)

The biggest load of ‘steaming manure’ ever written!

A single, individual deal (nine handed, six handed) is but a single individual deal
    (totally isolated) what has gone before, irrelevant;

Poker fundamental;
    (A) the deal;
    (B) the flop;
    (C) the turn;
    (D) the river;
    under pinned by PROBABILTY

Each stage, Poker Probability, changes, fundamentally, at every stage; that would be ‘probability’ pure Math’s’,

so it is absolute garbage, that the river card, is but one, of a total of’ five, community cards, that happens to ‘be dealt’ fifth, rather than, first, second, third, fourth.

If? ,which I am not, but if ?,

I was; really nasty, really vindictive,(which I am not) probably ?

If ‘Carlsberg’ did Poker,the most, generous, self-deprecating, individual; on the planet.
    ( and,in an hour or so,look in the other place,bad beats)

I gaurentee, Carlsberg,and if,'they did Poker' will make you chuckle.

Hence, and defacto, to save, any select individuals, from mugging themselves, right off, in public,not my words ! (with which; I concur absolutely,but,'they'are the thoughts, of one of the, collosal, long term winning players, on here………………………………
    So, I have certainly saved, one or to; Pirannas, from making themselves, look stupid.

Take a look, on here, in bad beats, brags, and variance, (at todays) Jan 31 2019 post,'when does ever playing the best poker,ever pay off ?' then, feel free to, offer advice?! and laugh about 'if Carlsberg did poker,and,very finally, take an objective look,at;if ? it is possible (which I know it is,possible) but, ? probable ? to run, this, rank,this long,and keep coming back for more !.............................................
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,149
    misterpj said:

Poker, (no limit hold em);

Just 52 cards

Just divided into four equal suits, of thirteen cards
    Just ‘simply’ fundamentally ‘based on PROBABILTY

Quote; un Quote;

People complain about the river so much but you don’t realise that the 5th card is no different from the 1st card that comes out;there (are) not is,5 cards in total just is more annoying that when u lose on the river eg.

quote unquote ( sky poker forum ‘river cards’)

The biggest load of ‘steaming manure’ ever written!

A single, individual deal (nine handed, six handed) is but a single individual deal
    (totally isolated) what has gone before, irrelevant;

Poker fundamental;
    (A) the deal;
    (B) the flop;
    (C) the turn;
    (D) the river;
    under pinned by PROBABILTY

Each stage, Poker Probability, changes, fundamentally, at every stage; that would be ‘probability’ pure Math’s’,

so it is absolute garbage, that the river card, is but one, of a total of’ five, community cards, that happens to ‘be dealt’ fifth, rather than, first, second, third, fourth.

If? ,which I am not, but if ?,

I was; really nasty, really vindictive,(which I am not) probably ?

If ‘Carlsberg’ did Poker,the most, generous, self-deprecating, individual; on the planet.
    ( and,in an hour or so,look in the other place,bad beats)

I gaurentee, Carlsberg,and if,'they did Poker' will make you chuckle.

Hence, and defacto, to save, any select individuals, from mugging themselves, right off, in public,not my words ! (with which; I concur absolutely,but,'they'are the thoughts, of one of the, collosal, long term winning players, on here………………………………
    So, I have certainly saved, one or to; Pirannas, from making themselves, look stupid.

Take a look, on here, in bad beats, brags, and variance, (at todays) Jan 31 2019 post,'when does ever playing the best poker,ever pay off ?' then, feel free to, offer advice?! and laugh about 'if Carlsberg did poker,and,very finally, take an objective look,at;if ? it is possible (which I know it is,possible) but, ? probable ? to run, this, rank,this long,and keep coming back for more !.............................................

Ok as someone who volunteers with the homeless / rough sleepers Im used to the ramblings of an often altered state of mind but Im at a loss to comprehend this missive.