You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

When you gotta go you gotta go

elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
Played in the 4k tonight...

I've been staying away because I've been useless on Sky for months now. But tonight I thought I'll give it a go. I managed to bluff my way up to a reasonable stack having only hit one flop in the first hour. Then the poker gods decided it was time for me to go. I hit a J flush but pulled out only to see the other guy with a K flush. Tournament saved there then.

Next hand I hit trip 6's and pull out to see trip 6's with a bigger kicker. Tournament saved again there.

Next hand I steal the blinds.

Next hand I hit trip Aces and lost most of my stack to a bigger kicker.

Next hand, I'm short stacked and my AJ meets AK....end of tournament.

As I said when your fated to go you gotta go.

So, no change there then. I will now remove myself to another place for a bit longer.

I'm actually playing quite well elswhere....I even cashed in 15th place in a HiLo Omaha 900 runner tournament this week.....and that's a minor miracle.

Comments

• Options
    bigflop1bigflop1 Member Posts: 1,034
    edited December 2009
    if you mean another site, i wouldnt bother.. its poker mate. regardless of which site you are on its the same game..

i have been with sky for nearly 3 years now and have tried other sites... i always come back.. sky is the best for me.. when you play for fun like i do, you cannot beat the live channel on 865 + the banter on the forum.. you dont get this from any other site..

you will be back.. mark my words :)

see you soon

daz
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: When you gotta go you gotta go:
    if you mean another site, i wouldnt bother.. its poker mate. regardless of which site you are on its the same game.. i have been with sky for nearly 3 years now and have tried other sites... i always come back.. sky is the best for me.. when you play for fun like i do, you cannot beat the live channel on 865 + the banter on the forum.. you dont get this from any other site.. you will be back.. mark my words :) see you soon daz
    Posted by daz231023
    Didn't say I wouldn't be back.
  • Options
    MADMOOMADMOO Member Posts: 1,687
    edited December 2009
    You where very unlucky tonight Elsa, gl wherever you go to play. Come back refreshed and win the open again!
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited December 2009
    you off to burgundy fields with tikay for some respite lol? seriously dont be long im putting you and ladyfingrs forward for february bloggs lol and you got santas sack as well on the 27th.
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited December 2009

I hope to see you soon Alan.

It appears more and more respected players are leaving the site.

Razorkev went earlier today and TBH I am having an elongated break from the tables and the forum, but for entirely different reasons.

This too, will be my last post for a while.

• Options
    NeildownNeildown Member Posts: 1,635
    edited December 2009
    Hope you come back soon mate, you will be missed :(
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited December 2009
    yawn
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I'm not disappearing altogether, just playing away for a while longer.

Love you too Dav :o)
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited December 2009
    Hi Al  ..well I dont really know  what  to  say, I know your a good player  and Live even better , I have trouble sometimes with online poker, mainly because i dont concentrate on the game what with, the dog writing on a sports forum and dinner, all going on in the evening..   So maybe play less and be more selective of where  and when you play ?

Glk mate and dont be a stranger here !!.. enjoy xmas and Happy New Year 
    Barry
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited December 2009
    Never mind the cards, the 100% CPU use is putting me off now.....everything runs smoothly on Daily Star Poker.....
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I'm not disappearing altogether, just playing away for a while longer. Love you too Dav :o)
    Posted by elsadog
    hi elsa the yawn was not directed at you my friend it was at hale72s post that more and more players are leaving the site.i apologise to you as i can see that you may have thought it was aimed at your post.i think we know eachother well enough to know this was not indeed the case.soz again.dav
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited December 2009
    Doesn't Hale's post deserve a little more respect than that Dav m8 ?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Doesn't Hale's post deserve a little more respect than that Dav m8 ?
    Posted by diablo_pez
    well to be honest i am not sure why hale posted this as all elsa said was that the site just does not seem to favour him.hales post gives the impression all is not right here at sky poker and that alot of players are leaving.we are hearing more and more that players are thinking this site is rigged and i am just getting a bit fed up with it.that was why i put YAWN.no offence intened to you hale and i am sorry.dav
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: When you gotta go you gotta go : well to be honest i am not sure why hale posted this as all elsa said was that the site just does not seem to favour him.hales post gives the impression all is not right here at sky poker and that alot of players are leaving.we are hearing more and more that players are thinking this site is rigged and i am just getting a bit fed up with it.that was why i put YAWN.no offence intened to you hale and i am sorry.dav
    Posted by dav1964
    Hi Dav,

My reasons for leaving this site, and in turn, the forums have nothing to do with the cards.

'but for entirely different reasons.' as I posted originally.

I have never had an issue with my poker, nor indeed the integrity of the RCG or other players for that matter. They pay their fees, they can play how they want. I am leaving with more than I ever deposited.

However, there are other private issues I have no wish to discuss here, just to say, it is with much sadness that tonight I have withdrawn my balance.

Sky poker needs to look after it's own more.

I just feel my rake is best given elsewhere.

I just wish everyone, including the new bloggers the best of luck, and hope they get treated better than I have.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I HOPE YOU PROSPER WHEREVER YOU GO AND AM SURE THAT YOU WILL.YOU KNOW YOU WILL BE MISSED BY MANY AS EVERYONE WHO READ YOUR BLOGS KNOWS YOU ARE A BIT OF A ONE OFF.MERRY XMAS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR.GL dav
  • Options
    Sky_DesSky_Des Member Posts: 351
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: When you gotta go you gotta go : Hi Dav, My reasons for leaving this site, and in turn, the forums have nothing to do with the cards. 'but for entirely different reasons. ' as I posted originally. I have never had an issue with my poker, nor indeed the integrity of the RCG or other players for that matter. They pay their fees, they can play how they want. I am leaving with more than I ever deposited. However, there are other private issues I have no wish to discuss here, just to say, it is with much sadness that tonight I have withdrawn my balance. Sky poker needs to look after it's own more. I just feel my rake is best given elsewhere. I just wish everyone, including the new bloggers the best of luck, and hope they get treated better than I have.
    Posted by Hale72
    Hi Hale, Naturally we hate to see any players leave the site, but while a break is often a good thing; as in Elsadog's post, I'm concerned to hear that you might have concerns outside of the norm. 

We pride outselves on going the extra mile for our customers and if you wanted to drop me a PM or an email - des.duffy@bskyb.com, I'd be happy to look into any concerns you might have.

Regards,

Des.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: When you gotta go you gotta go : Hi Hale, Naturally we hate to see any players leave the site, but while a break is often a good thing; as in Elsadog's post, I'm concerned to hear that you might have concerns outside of the norm.  We pride outselves on going the extra mile for our customers and if you wanted to drop me a PM or an email - des.duffy@bskyb.com , I'd be happy to look into any concerns you might have. Regards, Des.
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Thanks for your concern Des, However I have messaged Rich yesterday with my problems.

To date, I have yet to receive the courtesy of a reply. I have no wish to go over old ground again, but you are more than welcome to speak with Rich if you wish to know my grievances.
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: When you gotta go you gotta go : Thanks for your concern Des, However I have messaged Rich yesterday with my problems. To date, I have yet to receive the courtesy of a reply. I have no wish to go over old ground again, but you are more than welcome to speak with Rich if you wish to know my grievances.
    Posted by Hale72

hi Hale,

i got your message first thing this morning and it is on my schedule to reply to you. as i'm sure you understand i have had a few things to get through this morning but you can be 100% sure i will reply before the end of today.

all the best,

Rich
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: When you gotta go you gotta go : hi Hale, i got your message first thing this morning and it is on my schedule to reply to you. as i'm sure you understand i have had a few things to get through this morning but you can be 100% sure i will reply before the end of today. all the best, Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    now why would anyone want to go anywhere else ,

when we have got skyrich on here ,

hope no other site puts a bid in for his transfer ,

he's priceless.

ps. what other pokersite would respond so quickly,

as sky does ,

on xmas eve.

• Options
    edited December 2009
    I've just played an Omaha mtt for 20 minutes. My best made hand in that time was a pair of 4's. So that's at least 40 hands with 9 cards to make up a hand and all I had was a pair of 4's as a made hand. My final hand I hit the straight only for the river to give the other guy the boat. It doesn't get much better than this.