You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

When you gotta go you gotta go

Comments

• Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: When you gotta go you gotta go:
    In Response to Re: When you gotta go you gotta go : now why would anyone want to go anywhere else , when we have got skyrich on here , hope no other site puts a bid in for his transfer , he's priceless. ps. what other pokersite would respond so quickly, as sky does , on xmas eve.
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    exactly, thats why i like sky poker, on what other site would the head man/woman get in touch and ask for a personal pm to try and sort out problems - none is my guess, well done sky i say.
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited December 2009
    hmmmm i decided to take some notes today in view of what has been going on recently with players leaving the site.in 7 different tournies after being the shortest stack sometimes only by less than 1k to all in bets i have been ahead before the river on all 7 occasions.BUT the river has produced the one card in the pack to eliminate me on every occasion.all of these were that the oppo had a lower pair but hit there set on the river.may mean nothing but i just thought i would say what happened.gonna continue to play and see if this 100% record so far 2day is maintained.dav
  • Options
    Sky_DesSky_Des Member Posts: 351
    edited December 2009
    For my info, can you tell me which players have left the site recently.  Player numbers on the whole are at a record high.  Thanks guys.
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited December 2009
    whoopeeeeeeee!!!!!!!
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited December 2009
    does this mean they are joining 2% faster than they are leaving, or just the one?
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited December 2009
    For my info, can you tell me which players have left the site recently.  Player numbers on the whole are at a record high.  Thanks guys.
    Posted by Sky_Des

I'm sure you are better informed regarding players leaving/joining than anyone else on here Des. Players leaving doesn't necessarily mean the numbers go down. I'm sure your maths is good enough to understand that one. A rather sarcastic comment regarding what some see as a problem.
  • Options
    daztheKIDdaztheKID Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2009
    Sounds to me like you play alot of sht hands lol
  • Options
    Sky_DesSky_Des Member Posts: 351
    edited December 2009
    No I'm genuinely interested.  This thread is telling me we've lost some and sometimes that will be more evident to their friends within the forum than me.  Personally, I'd like to contact them to see what we could do differently.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Posted by daztheKID
    soz but dont understand that especially on my part.i had the bigger pair on all occasions so is it then not the oppo with the lower pair but bigger stack that is playing the sshtt hands?dav
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    No I'm genuinely interested.  This thread is telling me we've lost some and sometimes that will be more evident to their friends within the forum than me.  Personally, I'd like to contact them to see what we could do differently.
    Posted by Sky_Des
    hi des if you read through the threads you will see what well known and respected players have left.that is how we find out.dav
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited December 2009
    Posted by daztheKID

Sounds to me like you talk through your.............you know, where the sht comes from.
  • Options
    35suited35suited Member Posts: 2,332
    edited December 2009
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Dont worry about contacting them reply tomy e-mail that i sent you a few hours ago first :)
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited December 2009
      Well Known  ? Respected ?      oh well we cant have that then can we ..................   :) 

• Options
    edited December 2009
      Well Known  ? Respected ?      oh well we cant have that then can we ..................   :)     
    Posted by bennydip2
    i didnt have you down as being sarcastic benny,you know yourself who the players are.i dont think they would have taken very kindly to those question marks on your post.dav
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited December 2009
    Posted by Sky_Des
    I know of three players who are leaving the site soon.  Their names are Sky_Santa, Sky_Elf & Sky_Rudolph, if you could persuade them to stay AND keep giving out prizes that would be a job well done.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: When you gotta go you gotta go : I know of three players who are leaving the site soon.  Their names are Sky_Santa, Sky_Elf & Sky_Rudolph, if you could persuade them to stay AND keep giving out prizes that would be a job well done.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    lol kiwini trust you to think of that
  • Options
    repton3repton3 Member Posts: 185
    edited December 2009
    I'm not well known, or respected (at least not here!), but I too am on an extended hiatus from sky.  Over the last month or two I literally can do no right in games on here,if I get my money in ahead I lose, if I get it in behind I lose.  Don't know what it is - except annoying!  Preflop,post-flop, turn, river, great pocket cards, awful pocket cards, seeing it all. Faring much better elsewhere strangely so will play there until I getr bored and decide to have yet another 'one more time' on sky.
    Can't see how Sky is any different to any other poker site really in terms of the game, its just one of those things.
    The forum and community are second to none though and I will probably continue to peruse at my leisure.
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited December 2009

Dav  I dont know of any   "players leaving the site"  !!  However I do know of some who keep throwing their toys out the pram.   ONE  has said they're leaving about 4 times now ??  
     and my remarks are sarcastic,  because they are  all attention seekers   they cant play  poker but want to be loved .. muppets

I do have issue's with the software not being a down-loadable site for sure, but I dont let it bother me because I dont play big stakes here ..
    So getting back to the question of well respected players leaving,  *!)^& em big babies, they want to grow up ..  ? anyways Dav you and Elsadog  are not included in what I said.
    Merry Xmas and happy new year  !!  

• Options
    edited December 2009
    THANKS FOR THE REPLY BENNY AND MAYBE AS YOU HAVE BEEN ON THIS SITE LONGER THAN I THEN YOU MAY WELL BE RIGHT IN YOUR STATEMENT.I AM THEREFORE SORRY TO QUESTION WHAT YOU SAID AS I HAVE PLAYED YOU MANY TIMES AND KNOW YOU TO BE A VERY GOOD SPORT AND HONEST PERSON.MERRY XMAS TO YOU AS WELL.dav
  • Options
    edited December 2009

THOUGHT I HAD BETTER GIVE AN UPDATE ALSO ON MY SICK RIVER POST EARLIER.FORTUNES HAVE CHANGED FOR THE BETTER AS VIRTUALLY ALL HANDS THAT IVE GONE IN AHEAD ON PRE FLOP HAVE BEEN HOLDING UP.THIS INCLUDES MY SAT ENTRY IN 2NITES 12K B/H.gl all dav