You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Top 3 TV series

Comments

• Options
    SlipwaterSlipwater Member Posts: 3,587
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Top 3 TV series:
    Dr Snuggles. Danger Mouse. He Man. Scotty
    Posted by ek-scott
    Dramas, only... :D
  • Options
    davelufcdavelufc Member Posts: 1,370
    edited February 2014
    A few good recent ones:

Ray Donovan

Under the dome

The Tunnel

Misfits

Homeland

• Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,170
    edited February 2014
    @ Noseybonk T.H Hoo ker has got to be wind up - yeah? Its so bad they,ve banned it from chatbox and posts :) 
    Posted by MP33
    Haha, indeed it was a bit of a wind-up but come on, TJ was so bad it was good (series 1-3 at least).

• Options
    alimayalimay Member Posts: 37
    edited February 2014
    z cars
    dixon of dock green 
    emergency ward 10
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited February 2014
    It's criminal that no one had mentioned Six Feet Under.

The best tv show you will ever watch.
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,239
    edited February 2014
    lol @ dangermouse
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    It's criminal that no one had mentioned Six Feet Under. The best tv show you will ever watch.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Certainly top twelve.

Nate is like an American version of me.
  • Options
    peter27peter27 Member Posts: 1,634
    edited February 2014
    1) Prison Break -> BEST SHOW EVER in my opinion! Miss it every day :-(
    2) Breakout Kings - /> The relatively unknown spin-off from Prison Break, also now ended -.-
    3) Not sure if this counts as a TV Series, but I loved the UK version of Survivor which aired for two seasons in 2001 & 2002. That was a proper reality TV show, not like the rubbish they have now! It was about real survival and it didn't have any of this dumb popularity contest aspect where the viewers vote! The contestants voted for each other - loved it!! It is a personal dream of mine to get this back on the air in the UK eventually - probably just a pipe dream, but I am just the right combination of stubborn and determined to make it happen so let's see :p
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Peter - 1) and 2) were dubious selections as it is, but................... SURVIVOR!?

Seriously man, I will have to buy you the box set of Desperate Housewives or something, to wash that taste from your mouth!
  • Options
    jdsallstarjdsallstar Member Posts: 1,675
    edited February 2014
    prison break had a first good season but then became a bit, what's the word..............S*@t!!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    prison break had a first good season but then became a bit, what's the word..............S*@t!!
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Agreed, but I still had to watch it 'til it's conclusion!

Really enjoyed the first series though.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    1) Prison Break - /> BEST SHOW EVER in my opinion! Miss it every day :-( 2) Breakout Kings - /> The relatively unknown spin-off from Prison Break, also now ended -.- 3) Not sure if this counts as a TV Series, but I loved the UK version of Survivor which aired for two seasons in 2001 & 2002. That was a proper reality TV show, not like the rubbish they have now! It was about real survival and it didn't have any of this dumb popularity contest aspect where the viewers vote! The contestants voted for each other - loved it!! It is a personal dream of mine to get this back on the air in the UK eventually - probably just a pipe dream, but I am just the right combination of stubborn and determined to make it happen so let's see :p
    Posted by peter27
    Somebody get a sponge.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    I knew I would get some stick for those selections, but I'm ready to defend! :p

SURVIVOR!? Seriously man, I will have to buy you the box set of Desperate Housewives or something, to wash that taste from your mouth!
    Posted by Slipwater
    First thing I would say to that is, did you see the versions of Survivor I am referring to? If so, your criticisms were?

Posted by jdsallstar
    It definitely got worse as the seasons progressed, however the first season was at such a high standard that it was always good in my opinion :-)

In Response to Re: Top 3 TV series : Somebody get a sponge.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Erm, what was that? xD
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I knew I would get some stick for those selections, but I'm ready to defend! :p In Response to Re: Top 3 TV series : First thing I would say to that is, did you see the versions of Survivor I am referring to? If so, your criticisms were? In Response to Re: Top 3 TV series : It definitely got worse as the seasons progressed, however the first season was at such a high standard that it was always good in my opinion :-) In Response to Re: Top 3 TV series : Erm, what was that? xD
    Posted by peter27
    Clip from Curb Your Enthusiasm tackling the Survivor show (albeit, US version). A bloke from the TV show and a holocaust survivor share a dinner table and typical CYE chaos follows...

• Options
    edited February 2014
    No Peter, I did not, but it doesn't count as a drama series anyway ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Top 3 TV series : Clip from Curb Your Enthusiasm tackling the Survivor show (albeit, US version). A bloke from the TV show and a holocaust survivor share a dinner table and typical CYE chaos follows...
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Curb is excellent, and that was a great episode too :D
  • Options
    YOYOYYOYOY Member Posts: 130
    edited February 2014

What about trying Justified on 5usa? great show. previous series on netflix. as is the american version of House of Cards with Kevin Spacey. If you liked the west wing then you'll certainly like that. Other peeople have already mentioned Blacklist, The Wire and Misfits(now that's got to be one of the best shows out there). If you want a bit closer to home then Luther takes some beating.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    No Peter, I did not, but it doesn't count as a drama series anyway ;)
    Posted by Slipwater
    That is a valid criticism! :p
  • Options
    THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
    edited February 2014
    auf wiedersehen pet never gets old
  • Options
    jonjo75jonjo75 Member Posts: 999
    edited February 2014
    Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
    The Office.
    Shogun.