You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

DYM tough spots

2»

Comments

• Options
    F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited February 2014
    Technically it should be that BTN can't exploit this fact because SB will just be able to call really wide and show a profit.
  • Options
    DoubleAAADoubleAAA Member Posts: 954
    edited February 2014
    The thing is Ivanovic, we only need to survive, not accumulate.  If you look at the links you'll see what our +/- edge is.
  • Options
    alex1229alex1229 Member Posts: 680
    edited February 2014
    Its a good question. But with the level of play you see in the DYM's i would find it very hard to fold QQ, it does depend on the person though, even if i didnt have notes then a quick look on mr sharkscope will give me what i need to know
  • Options
    TsaaaarTsaaaar Member Posts: 366
    edited March 2014
    of course its exploitable its a dym bubble the big stack should be shoving 100% of hands
  • Options
    F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: DYM tough spots:
    of course its exploitable its a dym bubble the big stack should be shoving 100% of hands
    Posted by Tsaaaar
    Well this is just not true at all and the big stack would be making a mistake by doing so. He can fold his way to cash 95% of the time at least. But when he shoves 100% of the time SB (shortstack) is obliged to call him incredibly wide (I'd estimate with 75% of hands) - now why would big stack risk 20% of his stack to potentially bust someone then when he can cash just by folding? If he loses that hand and then loses another pot now with someone on 2k chips he suddenly finds himself right back in the mix and potentially as the short stack.

So even though BTN can exploit us, he shouldn't try and be exploiting us because it's -ev for him and +ev for the shorty.