You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SPT TOUR SCHEDLUE FOR 2014

BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,201
edited June 2014 in The Sky Poker Tour

Is there a SPT 2014 tour and if so, where and when are events being held?

Comments

• Options
    ctbnctbn Member Posts: 376
    edited February 2014
    In Response to SPT TOUR SCHEDLUE FOR 2014:
    Is there a SPT 2014 tour and if so, where and when are events being held?
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    come on sky give us some dates and locations,,please
  • Options
    ken1961ken1961 Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    If you cannot answer the where and when's yet please post when the dates and venues will be released.
  • Options
    hughesiehughesie Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2014
    Would be very interested to know. I'm going to stay off the brown stuff this year. I enjoyed the couple of tourneys I entered last year. (that's what I can remember anyway!!!)
  • Options
    daiwdaiw Member Posts: 298
    edited March 2014
    its all in england
  • Options
    FLASHJONNYFLASHJONNY Member Posts: 2,537
    edited March 2014
    I believe tikay is doing 2 shows next week  I would expect an announcement then
  • Options
    SPTSPT Member Posts: 5,648
    edited March 2014
    There won't be any announcement for the time being I am afraid.

Soon as that changes, you'll be the first to know
  • Options
    FCHDFCHD Member Posts: 3,178
    edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: SPT TOUR SCHEDLUE FOR 2014:
    its all in england
    Posted by daiw

Worse than that, it's all in Nottingham.
  • Options
    kimpetkimpet Member Posts: 26
    edited March 2014
    just out of interest did the vegas connection completely dissapear
  • Options
    ctbnctbn Member Posts: 376
    edited March 2014
    There won't be any announcement for the time being I am afraid. Soon as that changes, you'll be the first to know
    Posted by SPT
    thanks
  • Options
    jlj17jlj17 Member Posts: 95
    edited March 2014
    COME ON SKY NOW COMING TO END OF MARCH STILL NO DATES YET?????????????
  • Options
    spudgun720spudgun720 Member Posts: 88
    edited March 2014
    COME ON SKY NOW COMING TO END OF MARCH STILL NO DATES YET?????????????
    Posted by jlj17

+1
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    if there not gonna announce 1 this week then there wont be 1 in may either
  • Options
    SPTSPT Member Posts: 5,648
    edited March 2014
    There won't be one in May

Plans are afoot for something different, and until they are confirmed I have nothing to report, sorry
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    ok then I have suggested this before the 2nd weekend in june when England play Italy blackpool bh 2 day event 1 o clock start on the Saturday 10 o clock finish then day 2 shove fest lol
  • Options
    IrishRoseIrishRose Member Posts: 1,663
    edited March 2014
    There won't be one in May Plans are afoot for something different, and until they are confirmed I have nothing to report, sorry
    Posted by SPT
    Plans for something different??   You can't do this lol - I've become addicted to SPTs since I went to the one in Dublin last year.  I've even renewed my passport in the forlorn hope that it would be on again this May (and booked the weekend off from hubby at the same time......).  Does this mean that there will be NO SPTs this year and Sky are going to leave me in a sobbing mess?  (ok so I might be slightly exagarating - but only slightly)
  • Options
    carducardu Member Posts: 147
    edited March 2014
    would really like to have some idea if sky are gonna do anything as there are other live tournys that players can do......not all of us can afford to do everything...........I don't want to miss out on spt
  • Options
    Nuggy962Nuggy962 Member Posts: 1,104
    edited March 2014

Known fact that the poker tv channel site is not supporting itself as Sky first hoped.  They tried to attract big named players but they are not interested.

There was a gap in the market when PokerStars (Which you are not able to write in chat box in game play - like a swear word) lost its USA market - but they still have all the pro's, the better presenters have gone there and now heavy investment in tv coverage has meant the live players are generally more inclined to play there.  Sky still yet to get permission to run satellites for EPT and ANY main event that's not their own.

Is a shame - Sky started off so well - but I fear that the SPT will be in its last year.  Hense no schedule unlike last year - "something Different" just means out of ideas and struggling 

• Options
    The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
    edited March 2014
    Known fact that the poker tv channel site is not supporting itself as Sky first hoped.  They tried to attract big named players but they are not interested. There was a gap in the market when PokerStars (Which you are not able to write in chat box in game play - like a swear word) lost its USA market - but they still have all the pro's, the better presenters have gone there and now heavy investment in tv coverage has meant the live players are generally more inclined to play there.  Sky still yet to get permission to run satellites for EPT and ANY main event that's not their own. Is a shame - Sky started off so well - but I fear that the SPT will be in its last year.  Hense no schedule unlike last year - "something Different" just means out of ideas and struggling 
    Posted by Nuggy962
    This is standard across the board. Sky did run sats for WSOP but there was an issue with that last year dont know if that maintained this year or not. 

No sites run events for other sites games, its bad for business for both sites. Most times in some events the blurr out other sites badges on players on tv. 

Sky have never been a site to attract big pros. Which is why i think the SPT is a great thing, it meets the demand of the vast sky player pool rather than the £1k event which most sky players would struggle to afford. 
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited March 2014
    Known fact that the poker tv channel site is not supporting itself as Sky first hoped.  They tried to attract big named players but they are not interested. There was a gap in the market when PokerStars (Which you are not able to write in chat box in game play - like a swear word) lost its USA market - but they still have all the pro's, the better presenters have gone there and now heavy investment in tv coverage has meant the live players are generally more inclined to play there.  Sky still yet to get permission to run satellites for EPT and ANY main event that's not their own. Is a shame - Sky started off so well - but I fear that the SPT will be in its last year.  Hense no schedule unlike last year - "something Different" just means out of ideas and struggling 
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Give it a rest.
  • Options
    pkrscott72pkrscott72 Member Posts: 19
    edited April 2014
    There won't be any announcement for the time being I am afraid. Soon as that changes, you'll be the first to know
    Posted by SPT
    Any update on spt? Im planning my first visit to a spt and dont want to miss out