You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

AK and AQ

2»

Comments

• Options
    chicknMeltchicknMelt Member Posts: 1,159
    edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: AK and AQ:
    chicknmelt - What are we doing if let's say we flat pre starting the hand 7k effective and the flop comes down 8h3c2c and villain cbets say 1200 into 2500?  He's almost always going to cbet this board with AK, AQ.
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    good question...

I think it completely depends on whether you think the villain would 3bet AQ, and then cbet when they missed...

If your assumption is correct, they have AQ in their 3bet range, I would 100% call a cbet on a flop like this. it would leave approx a pot sized bet befhind on the turn. If the villain does shove their AQ/AK on the turn, then fair play to em, they can have the pot. but I reckon alot of the time they give up and it gets checked down.

board: 8h2c3c
    HandEquityWinsTies
    AK47.47%223,311139,872
    jj,qq, KK, AA, AK, AQ52.53%254,577139,872

If i didnt think they have AQ in their 3bet range, and I dont really think they do, I'd probably just fold...

board: 8h2c3c
    HandEquityWinsTies
    AK31.69%69,507132,090
    jj,qq, KK, AA, AK68.31%226,083132,090

Obviously these ranges are completely unbalanced, but thats how I think alot of people on sky play in MTTs. At least they do for 3betting OP.

• Options
    yoyoyoyo Member Posts: 642
    edited March 2014
    i think, like so many other things in poker that it depends.

i play AK/AQ passively much of the time (esp early doors) but other times i'll go to war with it.

it's poor reasoning but often it'll depend on my mood as well as the usual player type/table flow/dynamics type stuff.

folk do seem to be toning down the pre-flop wars so flatting ranges can be very wide which allows for a lot of flexibility through the streets.