You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

how to count odds and outs + pot odd A must read

2»

Comments

• Options
    timebomb10timebomb10 Member Posts: 202
    edited January 2010
    so in that situation do u fold getting the right odds for your chips lol i understand you i didnt think you were understanding me lol thankyou
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: how to count odds and outs + pot odd A must read:
    dissagree ur getting the right price for your chips if u call and are beaten u can still justify calling by your percentages it is a good post for people learning the game and wanna calculate things so why dont u leave it at that
    Posted by timebomb10
    Mere isn't challanging you on that, just adding context to it. Your right you can justify the call by saying you had the odds and in cash you may make this call every time for the +EV but in a tourney where you need to conserve your chips then justifying isn't a good enough reason.

As always seems to be the way with poker it is all in the situation and no hard and fast rules. Personally i use maths but if i've got a feeling then sometimes i blow the maths off and go with my gut (not always to my credit lol).

Timebomb10 please don't take the comments as a personal argument as people are just expanding on your original idea (which will happen on every post) and as this is a tight nit community then you will find people popping up to throw in their 2p's worth on every post you make. Most of the time the community tries to do this in a non-argumentative way and sometimes it can be taken in the WRONG way. This is for the benefit of us all as these threads develop from one simple idea explaining odds and can get quite intricate by page 4, advancing those beginner players who are new to a concept as the thread develops.

As i said it's a good post for those not aware of 4 & 2 and will be helpfull to those people, but people will always build on the orignal point
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    yep agree with you completly hope it does well as a post but i do disagree with the in a tournament situation i would do the same every time if the price is right lol
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i would ov fort 1 ov the presenters would ov commented on this post lol
  • Options
    J-HartiganJ-Hartigan Member Posts: 2,756
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: how to count odds and outs + pot odd A must read:
    i would ov fort 1 ov the presenters would ov commented on this post lol
    Posted by timebomb10
    I didn't feel the need to comment, because I think Talon, MereNovice, elsadog and ACESOVER8s have said everything that needs to be said...