You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

UKPC Qualification

2»

Comments

• Options
    liamboi11liamboi11 Member Posts: 2,141
    edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: UKPC Qualification:
    In Response to Re: UKPC Qualification : Hi thanks for the reply so can I confirm that if I won a 220 final on Sunday your saying I'd get the 1000 seat value into my account
    Posted by grahamfo12
    yes you will get £1k put into your account only if you have already qualified/bought in direct for the tournament :)
  • Options
    grahamfo12grahamfo12 Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: UKPC Qualification : yes you will get £1k put into your account only if you have already qualified/bought in direct for the tournament :)
    Posted by liamboi11
    Yes I've qualified already but I've phoned sky numorous times and they all say u can only win 1 seat non transferable nor can u get the money do u no anyone that has manged to get the money after qualifying 
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: UKPC Qualification : Yes I've qualified already but I've phoned sky numorous times and they all say u can only win 1 seat non transferable nor can u get the money do u no anyone that has manged to get the money after qualifying 
    Posted by grahamfo12
    I have qualified through the satellites to win a seat and then won another seat and received the cash equivalent
  • Options
    grahamfo12grahamfo12 Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: UKPC Qualification : I have qualified through the satellites to win a seat and then won another seat and received the cash equivalent
    Posted by MattBates
    can I ask how u done this I contacted sky and they say u can win one seat only if u win another u cant cash the seat so can I ask how you've manged to collect the 1000 seat value if u don't mind sorry for all the ???
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: UKPC Qualification : can I ask how u done this I contacted sky and they say u can win one seat only if u win another u cant cash the seat so can I ask how you've manged to collect the 1000 seat value if u don't mind sorry for all the ???
    Posted by grahamfo12
    mate it ain`t hard if you are already registered in the tournament lobby for the ukpc like you said, if you play the satellites and you qualify you won`t have 2 seats and can`t transfer the one either.

you will recieve £1k into your sky poker account.

The reason sky say you you can only one seat is probably to stop players taking the cash because they obviously want to fill the seats for the event instead.

hope you understand this time gl.
  • Options
    RyanC7RyanC7 Member Posts: 355
    edited July 2014
    So how do you get the cash equivalent? 
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    So how do you get the cash equivalent? 
    Posted by RyanC7
    :) haha
  • Options
    HITMAN_RVHITMAN_RV Member Posts: 8,688
    edited July 2014
    Dollie,

Sry Late Notice!!! I Have pm'ed you an invite to... HITSQUAD POKER TOUR leg 3 Luton G, Cheaper than UKPC!!

Saturday 19th July 3pm £55BI Holdem 50 runners!! Nealry Full, so sry i could not invite more of You
    ....few of US playing fri nite too.

Many Guests, including The Bromleys, The Thomsons Dave & Sian, Alan Maxally, Some APAT Guys & HoldyFoldy!!!

YOU VERY WELCOME TO JOIN US, even if late notice, just pop in, I will find you a spot!

Regards

The HitMan
  • Options
    arthur1962arthur1962 Member Posts: 51
    edited August 2014
    In Response to UKPC Qualification:
    Hi There, I have been a regular on the SPT over the last 5 years, I luv 'em.  In their absence so far this year I have tried to qualify for the UKPC events in Nottingham.  I failed miserably earlier in the year, but am trying again this time.  I registered for the 7.15pm quarter final tonight and went to the lobby to see who the other entrants were.  I also looked out of curiosity who had already entered or qualified for the 9.15pm semi tonight.  To my surprise I saw a couple of names who were entered in the earlier quarter final.  So who is in the final on Sunday and again I found the same 2 names.  What about the main event in August I thought to myself?  Yes the same 2 names were there also!! I don't want this to get personal in any way so no names.  I have come across these  players many times, they are regulars and in my opinion both well above average players and as such command my respect.  As they are better than average it is likely that they stand a better than 1 in 5 chance of finishing in the qualifying places.  It must be in their financial interests for them to play all these qualifiers.  Why else do it?  For the record one of these players "qualified" in both of tonight's games and presumably received cash as he was already in the next round. Surely there must be a flaw in the rules that allows this to happen.  Each time anybody doing this "qualifies" they are depriving somebody else of getting through to the next round, possibly one of the lower stake players who would love a go at the "big time".  Just imagine somebody qualifying from a £1.60 satellite and getting through the quarter and then the semi and then hitting the bubble in the Sunday final (say 35 entrants and therefore no cash for the bubble).  It then turns out that somebody "qualified" for the main event again and the bubble player is deprived. Isn't what is happening against the spirit of what Sky are trying to promote?  A chance for ALL regardless of level? Interesting. Cheers
    Posted by Dollie
    Hi Gordon,
    Whilst I fully agree with your point I can also see the other side of the coin and if players feel they have an edge in this type of competition I guess as it is there money they spend it how they please.
    What sky and dusk till dawn must do is get hardware included in the system that does not allow this to happen,if any individual or company is going to guarantee half a million in prize money what they want is bums on seats and not players taking a thousand from the pot simply because they have already won or purchased the seat,I don't think the DTD owner would be impressed with this software glitch.
    Again players can not be faulted,we all look for edges and if we can find one and are good enough then why not exploit it.
    So please wake up sky,close this glitch and get people winning seats and not walking away with 1k of the prize money.
    Hope you make it Gordon,would be great to see you there.
    Regards,Arthur.