You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Oh my god he's done it again.........some questions

Comments

• Options
    Matt237Matt237 Member Posts: 1,785
    edited June 2014
    Stupid overpaid rubbish. Roll on August 9th!
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,025
    edited June 2014
    Wonder what 888's reaction will be as they were recently using him in their advertising.
    Didn't Stars drop someone recently for bad behaviour?
  • Options
    FlyingDaggFlyingDagg Member Posts: 4,146
    edited June 2014
    This is from this mornings Washington Post : "If the FIFA panel finds Suarez guilty of assaulting Chiellini, Suarez will face a ban of at least two matches up to a maximum of 24 months. “These are things that happen on the pitch, we were both in the area, he thrust his shoulder into me,” explained Suarez, who didn’t deny biting Chiellini and has teethed two other players before. “These things happen on the pitch, and we don’t have to give them so much [importance]."

Bet they don't charge Chiellini with thrusting his shoulder.

The evidence I've seen does seem to prove that he bit him but what made it worse was the blatant fakery of an injury and the melodramatic fall to the ground. He deserves to have the book thrown at him.
  • Options
    profman15profman15 Member Posts: 1,808
    edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Oh my god he's done it again.........some questions:
    The whole post is just LOL. We had this very same nonsense before. The day England play there last game  an Everton fan posts about a Liverpool players behaviour on international duty. The same poster blamed all the Liverpool players about Englands defeat v Uruaguay  aswell. First thing first there is no defence to what he did. As for your prediction about him doing something else mad wow do you know this weeks lotto numbers. The guy is a nutcase you dont need  to be mystic meg to know he was going to do something else in his career. In Response to Oh my god he's done it again.........some questions :
    Posted by day4eire76
    Some really interesting posts and points made. A couple of things. Firstly, sorry for putting it in the wrong area. I was just flabbergasted that he could do it again and wanted to hear others opinions. Secondly, I don't understand people commenting on the length of people's posts . That's what a forums for so why point it out. I agree with a lot of what's been said here actually and probably this is due to the fact that less fervent supporters( usually those with a command of English) are here on the site. There is undoubtedly a nasty side to football and some supporters at all clubs however Day4eire i would like to make a couple of points to you, if I may. Firstly, I am not a nutcase and don't feel the need to comment on your childish insult. Secondly,I was entitled to make points in another post just as you were entitled to disagree with them . I gave my reasons for my position and stand by them. By the way I didn't blame ALL Liverpoolplayers so stop exaggerating and be accurate. My 'prediction' that Suarez would repeat his vile actions was in a response to Brendan Rogers comments in an article that he was a "changed man". The article asked for people's points of view and I gave mine  If everything is a "LOL" to you then don't bother answering posts as yours has nothing but some mud throwing. Make a point instead of disagreeing with everyone. It seems much easier to decry others rather than for your own opinion. Try it sometime.May I add that the "nutcase" you refer to was the SAME person who won the monthly Dtd AND highest point score for THS that month and so agreed to donate one of the prizes to another member which if I'm not mistaken was YOU!!!!!!!!!!!  You were happy to accept a free entry into a mtt from a nutcase. This nutcase hopes you took advantage of a kind gesture. 
  • Options
    cenachavcenachav Member Posts: 2,681
    edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Oh my god he's done it again.........some questions:
    Wonder what 888's reaction will be as they were recently using him in their advertising. Didn't Stars drop someone recently for bad behaviour?
    Posted by VespaPX
    From 888s facebok page about an hour ago
    Following the allegations made against Luis Suarez in regards to his behaviour during Uruguay’s World Cup match against Italy, 888poker is seriously reviewing its relationship with the player as we will not tolerate any unsporting behaviour.

Oh, and are you vespapx125 on 888 if so I'm sat next to you in a plo sng right now :)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Oh my god he's done it again.........some questions : From 888s facebok page about an hour ago Following the allegations made against Luis Suarez in regards to his behaviour during Uruguay’s World Cup match against Italy, 888poker is seriously reviewing its relationship with the player as we will not tolerate any unsporting behaviour. Oh, and are you vespapx125 on 888 if so I'm sat next to you in a plo sng right now :)
    Posted by cenachav
    Yep that was me
    came 2nd after a HU battle that lasted about 30 mins
    All that for 90c ! lol
  • Options
    12671267 Member Posts: 936
    edited June 2014
    football doesnt measure by harm done. spitting in someone's face is seen as worse than punching them. biting is lower than spitting. it's not the harm but the snidyness and disgusting nature of penetrating an opponent with a part of your body [gotta be consensual, kids...] that causes outrage. --- he disgraced the last world cup with that ridiculous hand-ball and subsequent celebration when the penalty was saved. this is the THIRD time he has drew blood with those teeth. throw in the casual racism [and refusing a concillatory handshake] the overt diving and cheating and preening arrogance and you have the complete package. if he played like haji-diouf would livepool fans sing his name [if diouf played like suarez would they sing diouf's name] --- i live on the wirral [the posh part of merseyside where exliverpool players come to die]. i have loads of contact with liverpool fans. livepool fans are boss plebs. love their club but get upto ridiculous things like dressing as spansih cardinals and marching for rafa benitez or those toe-curlingly earnest banners featuring russel crowe quotes and cod latin. however their dignified campaign for truth and justice was and is incredible, they are proper fans and i love em like i'd love a geeky younger brother who dresses like batman and thinks he lives in gotham. and thats why it was incredibly sad to see liverpool fans defending this racist, cheating, biting scummer. that a teenage oldham player went off the anfield pitch in  tears after being racially abused during suarez's ban for racsim made me genuinely sad. suarez represents EVERYTHING that liverpool fans in all other areas stand AGAINST. sad if they continue to support him
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    Did he ? 
    This act was absolutely genius. He single-handedly (literally) seen his country through to the world cup semi final !   A massive achievment for them and one the whole nation of Uruguay absolute loved. 
    Football is a team game and to keep his other 22 team members and umpteen staff in the world cup he sacrificed his own place in the semi-final to give them a chance of progressing.
    If anything a very unselfish act from a super competetive man.
    Great to see such passion and will to win.

As for the bite, the bloke clearly has some severe mental problems. Theres no way he could have done this again if he knew what he was doing. He needs help.   It would be a shame to see one of the worlds best footballers play no further part in the World cup, but that does look very likely.

Personally though, whatever anybody says, i'd miles rather be spat on or bitten then two-footed in knee height in a 50-50 where it could end my career.
  • Options
    12671267 Member Posts: 936
    edited June 2014
    With regards to how many players have been killed by on-pitch violence in the past, it's true to say that there have been few cases and none that I know of without performing further research. However, on-pitch violence would seem to be indistinguishable from street violence. A punch is a punch, regardless of where it occurs. It has baffled me for a long time why footballers or rugby players can get away without being arrested and charged by the police when they commit violet crimes on the playing field. There is a legal principle of accepted risk which suggests that if your leg is broken (or similar) in a football tackle, you accepted that risk when you got involved. You don't accept a risk of being punched in the head, though. It's not as though there isn't a clear recording of those incidents and there are hundreds of police officers around the ground, too. If anyone knows just why sportsmen are allowed to get away with this sort of thing without police action, post it up. I'm interested to know.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    First of all, you basically never see footballers punching each other. Ok, we see the odd knee in the back, arm to the head etc...     the victims love it almost as much as the Supplier.   Rolling around and getting their opponents sent off is great to them.
    Secondly, anything not punished on the pitch is reviewed and the FA/Uefa etc..  make a decision and usually ban the player in the wrong, and they will recieve big fine from their clubs.
    Thirdly, nobody just attacks anyone for no reason like muggins and robberys in the streets.  Players are usually provoked by getting fouled, being kicked themselves or words being said (Zidane headbutt). 
    Fourthly sportsmen are competetive beasts, their will to win is insane. If they think they've been hard they are going to kick off, and get angry and lose their heads, one little icnident could define there whole career/life.

Last of all, obviously they are punished like anyone else if they act like thugs outside of football seemingly unprovoked.  E.g Joey Barton serving jail time.
  • Options
    day4eire76day4eire76 Member Posts: 912
    edited June 2014
    This is my first post

The whole post is just LOL. We had this very same nonsense before. The day England play there last game  an Everton fan posts about a Liverpool players behaviour on international duty. The same poster blamed all the Liverpool players about Englands defeat v Uruaguay  aswell. First thing first there is no defence to what he did. As for your prediction about him doing something else mad wow do you know this weeks lotto numbers. The guy is a nutcase you dont need  to be mystic meg to know he was going to do something else in his career. In Response to Oh my god he's done it again.........some questions :
    Posted by day4eire76

I'd urge you to read the bolded sentence again.
    The nutcase in question is obviously Suarez hence the career part at the end.
    So next time read before you post and get off that high horse of yours.

In Response to  Re: Oh my god he's done it again.........some questions : Some really interesting posts and points made. A couple of things. Firstly, sorry for putting it in the wrong area. I was just flabbergasted that he could do it again and wanted to hear others opinions. Secondly, I don't understand people commenting on the length of people's posts . That's what a forums for so why point it out. I agree with a lot of what's been said here actually and probably this is due to the fact that less fervent supporters( usually those with a command of English) are here on the site. There is undoubtedly a nasty side to football and some supporters at all clubs however Day4eire i would like to make a couple of points to you, if I may.  Firstly, I am not a nutcase and don't feel the need to comment on your childish insult. Secondly,I was entitled to make points in another post just as you were entitled to disagree with them . I gave my reasons for my position and stand by them. By the way I didn't blame ALL Liverpoolplayers so stop exaggerating and be accurate.  My 'prediction' that Suarez would repeat his vile actions was in a response to Brendan Rogers comments in an article that he was a "changed man". The article asked for people's points of view and I gave mine  If everything is a "LOL" to you then don't bother answering posts as yours has nothing but some mud throwing. Make a point instead of disagreeing with everyone. It seems much easier to decry others rather than for your own opinion. Try it sometime. May I add that the "nutcase" you refer to was the SAME person who won the monthly Dtd AND highest point score for THS that month and so agreed to donate one of the prizes to another member which if I'm not mistaken was YOU!!!!!!!!!!!  You were happy to accept a free entry into a mtt from a nutcase. This nutcase hopes you took advantage of a kind gesture. 
    Posted by profman15
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    edited June 2014
    You guys just need to get to know the real Luis, he is a great guy. Anyway, we are both going round to Mike Tysons at the weekend for a bite to eat if any of you are up for it??
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Lost interest in England doing anything tbh. To give Jagielka the blame for the two goals is ludicrous. Ask Stevie G his thoughts. Baines being given stick is a poor call by pundits too. He was given no cover in the first game and was a big threat in second. Poor old Glen Johnson looked liked a sunday 'leaguer' in both games and you needed to read the team sheet to know Henderson was on the pitch in either game. 

As usual we big up a player on one good performance (Sterling) and hit hard on a below average performance by another (Rooney). Are all countries like this? We are just so slow in getting the ball from back to front. I hardly saw anyone carry out a succesful one-two with Baines in either game. God, dont they practice? The pundits are so funny. They have more time now and consequently have to find a point to make. Unfortunately, to hear the likes of Lee Dixon talking about moving up for offside makes me nod off.

It really is a big bore and i'm a football lover as well. We will watch again and be let down again no doubt. Lets have a young team with an adventurous manager and get rid of the deadwood dross as well as playing a player in their best position or not at all. Rant over....back to sky sports!!!!

In Response to  Re: Oh my god he's done it again.........some questions : Some really interesting posts and points made. A couple of things. Firstly, sorry for putting it in the wrong area. I was just flabbergasted that he could do it again and wanted to hear others opinions. Secondly, I don't understand people commenting on the length of people's posts . That's what a forums for so why point it out. I agree with a lot of what's been said here actually and probably this is due to the fact that less fervent supporters( usually those with a command of English) are here on the site. There is undoubtedly a nasty side to football and some supporters at all clubs however Day4eire i would like to make a couple of points to you, if I may.  Firstly, I am not a nutcase and don't feel the need to comment on your childish insult. Secondly,I was entitled to make points in another post just as you were entitled to disagree with them . I gave my reasons for my position and stand by them. By the way I didn't blame ALL Liverpoolplayers so stop exaggerating and be accurateMy 'prediction' that Suarez would repeat his vile actions was in a response to Brendan Rogers comments in an article that he was a "changed man". The article asked for people's points of view and I gave mine  If everything is a "LOL" to you then don't bother answering posts as yours has nothing but some mud throwing. Make a point instead of disagreeing with everyone. It seems much easier to decry others rather than for your own opinion. Try it sometime. May I add that the "nutcase" you refer to was the SAME person who won the monthly Dtd AND highest point score for THS that month and so agreed to donate one of the prizes to another member which if I'm not mistaken was YOU!!!!!!!!!!!  You were happy to accept a free entry into a mtt from a nutcase. This nutcase hopes you took advantage of a kind gesture. 
    Posted by profman15

I will highlight all the things which made me write the lol comment.

All your comments smack of anti Liverpool nonsense.  The only Liverpool player you didn’t mention was Sturridge. So its Steven Gerrards fault that Jagielka cannot do what a ten year old learns when starting the game ie always anticipate the player missing the ball. Same re Baines he is there first and foremost as a defender like Johnson and both where very poor. Henderson like most of the England team was average but why mention him is it because he plays for Liverpool maybe. Sterling had one good game and was bigged up really he was probably the best young player in the league after the new year.

And on to Suarez why the post ah that’s right he plays for Liverpool. What manager in all honesty is going to come out and say anything else but positive things about one of there own players after the year he had.

Don’t know anyone who is defending his actions. All I’ve heard are people questioning what the punishment should be. Is biting the worse of serious offences you can commit on a football pitch. Oh and pardon my use of the English language it wasn’t always my first.

Oh I have already explained the nutcase comment was meant about Suarez.

• Options
    bazzer61bazzer61 Member Posts: 404
    edited June 2014
    SORRY GENTLEMEN,BUT THAT D**K BRAINED SUAREZ HAS DONE IT BEFORE,YES HE NEEDS HELP,BUT NOT ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD.
    HE MUST BE GIVEN THE SEVEREST PUNISHMENT POSSIBLE.
    BEING A READING FC FAN,I KNOW OF BRENDAN-MATE YOU CANNOT BACK HIM THIS TIME.
    REGARDING HIS COMMENTS ABOUT REMARKS ON HIM FROM ENGLISH FOOTBALL-THESE REMARKS ARE NOW TOTALLY JUSTIFIED.
    IF,AS IS LIKELY HE GETS A 2 YEAR BAN(STILL NOT LONG ENOUGH),LIVERPOOL SHOULD SEVER ALL CONNECTIONS,AND IF BARCELONA(AS PER TELETEXT)ARE STILL INTERESTED DESPITE THESE POSSIBILTIES,LET THEM HAVE HIM FOR *****'S SAKE.
    IN  MY HUMBLE OPINION,MESSI IS WORTH 10 OF THIS IDIOT AND RONALDO PUT TOGETHER.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    SORRY GENTLEMEN,BUT THAT D**K BRAINED SUAREZ HAS DONE IT BEFORE,YES HE NEEDS HELP,BUT NOT ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD. HE MUST BE GIVEN THE SEVEREST PUNISHMENT POSSIBLE. BEING A READING FC FAN,I KNOW OF BRENDAN-MATE YOU CANNOT BACK HIM THIS TIME. REGARDING HIS COMMENTS ABOUT REMARKS ON HIM FROM ENGLISH FOOTBALL-THESE REMARKS ARE NOW TOTALLY JUSTIFIED. IF,AS IS LIKELY HE GETS A 2 YEAR BAN(STILL NOT LONG ENOUGH),LIVERPOOL SHOULD SEVER ALL CONNECTIONS,AND IF BARCELONA(AS PER TELETEXT)ARE STILL INTERESTED DESPITE THESE POSSIBILTIES,LET THEM HAVE HIM FOR *****'S SAKE. IN  MY HUMBLE OPINION,MESSI IS WORTH 10 OF THIS IDIOT AND RONALDO PUT TOGETHER.
    Posted by bazzer61
    Wow didn't know teletext was still going !
  • Options
    The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
    edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Oh my god he's done it again.........some questions:
    And if someone can explain why diouf has been excommunicated from anfield hearts yet suarez continues to to be held dear (even before todays bite) without refrence to their goals per game ratio then id be stunned. Football fans, lol.
    Posted by TeddyBloat

Cant comment for Liverpool, but Diouf is loved by us Rangers fans. Was a god awful player, but noised up celtic fans so we like him lol. 

With regards to how many players have been killed by on-pitch violence in the past, it's true to say that there have been few cases and none that I know of without performing further research. However, on-pitch violence would seem to be indistinguishable from street violence. A punch is a punch, regardless of where it occurs. It has baffled me for a long time why footballers or rugby players can get away without being arrested and charged by the police when they commit violet crimes on the playing field. There is a legal principle of accepted risk which suggests that if your leg is broken (or similar) in a football tackle, you accepted that risk when you got involved. You don't accept a risk of being punched in the head, though. It's not as though there isn't a clear recording of those incidents and there are hundreds of police officers around the ground, too. If anyone knows just why sportsmen are allowed to get away with this sort of thing without police action, post it up. I'm interested to know.
    Posted by BorinLoner

I cant comment for too many incidents. But about 30 years ago Terry Butcher, Graham Roberts and Frank McAvenie ended up in court because of a on pitch bust up. 
  • Options
    tomo_efctomo_efc Member Posts: 716
    edited June 2014
    This proves Clegg, hasn't got a clue about anything, he just said on news, "he should be banned for the rest of the WC".
    So if Uruguay get knocked out next game he misses 1 game, should just keep his mouth shut. Just a point if a kid bit another 
    kid in school, they would get a warning, if they did it 3 times they would be excluded..
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Mr day4eire76
    I appreciate your post but let's be honest:
    The nutcase comment is ambiguous but I appreciate now that it could be aimed at Mr S.
    The LOL stuff IS a way of being disparaging towards something but not putting reasons.
    The 'command of English' was about people not on this site. As you use this site it is NOT aimed at use, is it?
    My opinions of the players I do still stand by. However it's football thing and people do disagree. So what.
    Yes I'm an Everton fan from being born in the city, into a Blues family and a Protestant. However I'm not a fervent fanatic who doesn't consider other peoples arguments. However, I supports team within my city. It may be of a different nature than supporting a team from another city as friends often support the city rivals. However most of the banter is friendly and well-intended I can assure you.
     I thought Baines was hard done by in the World Cup and Jagielka was there to be strong and give the ball to Gerrard to use. Admittedly he may not be of the quality to goon 40 yd marauding runs from defence D but he did what he was told. I do think the Backheader goal was a bit of a mish mash and I don't think one player should get the blame entirely. The first S goal was just a brilliant ball, full stop. 
    You don't know anyone defending S actions. Well I heard plenty after the last occasion. In fact it was pretty much forgotten by the media and he was lauded aswell as being taken on by various companies (tried 888 poker recently). I would disagree with his actions and want him gone if he'd played for Everton. In fact if he had I'd have stopped being interested in them as it would have ruined my feelings for the club. Yes seeing success with him is hard but surely now Brendan won't be out to support and tell lies as he obviously wasn't a changed man, was he D? Why did he feel the need to do it anyway as it was bound to stir up anger?
    Btw D I did send you a personal text saying I thought you were out of order and was prepared to leave it at that. The fact that you decided to reply here has prompted my reply. 

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Mr day4eire76 I appreciate your post but let's be honest: The nutcase comment is ambiguous but I appreciate now that it could be aimed at Mr S. The LOL stuff IS a way of being disparaging towards something but not putting reasons. The 'command of English' was about people not on this site. As you use this site it is NOT aimed at use, is it? My opinions of the players I do still stand by. However it's football thing and people do disagree. So what. Yes I'm an Everton fan from being born in the city, into a Blues family and a Protestant. However I'm not a fervent fanatic who doesn't consider other peoples arguments. However, I supports team within my city. It may be of a different nature than supporting a team from another city as friends often support the city rivals. However most of the banter is friendly and well-intended I can assure you.  I thought Baines was hard done by in the World Cup and Jagielka was there to be strong and give the ball to Gerrard to use. Admittedly he may not be of the quality to goon 40 yd marauding runs from defence D but he did what he was told. I do think the Backheader goal was a bit of a mish mash and I don't think one player should get the blame entirely. The first S goal was just a brilliant ball, full stop.  You don't know anyone defending S actions. Well I heard plenty after the last occasion. In fact it was pretty much forgotten by the media and he was lauded aswell as being taken on by various companies (tried 888 poker recently). I would disagree with his actions and want him gone if he'd played for Everton. In fact if he had I'd have stopped being interested in them as it would have ruined my feelings for the club. Yes seeing success with him is hard but surely now Brendan won't be out to support and tell lies as he obviously wasn't a changed man, was he D? Why did he feel the need to do it anyway as it was bound to stir up anger? Btw D I did send you a personal text saying I thought you were out of order and was prepared to leave it at that. The fact that you decided to reply here has prompted my reply. 
    Posted by profman15

The nutcase comment is ambiguous but I appreciate now that it could be aimed at Mr S. It could be aimed at Suarez really. Just sigh it was obvious who it was aimed at and even after expaining it to you your still doubting it. I will also stand over everything I said. People often have different views on players but when one side is so anti the other all because they wear a rivals shirt the debate is usless. You would have stopped been intrested in your club because of one player that statement shows how much of a fan you are. I think its time to live in the real world where money and talent rule how clubs behave in certain situations. The personal txt was usless as you basically put the same thing on the forum accussing me of calling you a nutcase. Sorry if this is coming over a bit harsh but when I see someone using religon re the Prodestant comment in any debate it boils my blood. What has your religon got to do with anything

• Options
    igimcigimc Member Posts: 625
    edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Oh my god he's done it again.........some questions : The nutcase comment is ambiguous but I appreciate now that it could be aimed at Mr S. It could be aimed at Suarez really. Just sigh it was obvious who it was aimed at and even after expaining it to you your still doubting it. I will also stand over everything I said. People often have different views on players but when one side is so anti the other all because they wear a rivals shirt the debate is usless. You would have stopped been intrested in your club because of one player that statement shows how much of a fan you are. I think its time to live in the real world where money and talent rule how clubs behave in certain situations. The personal txt was usless as you basically put the same thing on the forum accussing me of calling you a nutcase. Sorry if this is coming over a bit harsh but when I see someone using religon re the Prodestant comment in any debate it boils my blood. What has your religon got to do with anything . 
    Posted by day4eire76
    +1 to all...Especially the nutcase part.Its clear to anybody with half a brain
    that you were referring to suarez. :-)
  • Options
    a00rocka00rock Member Posts: 832
    edited June 2014
    According to fb 888 have dumped him.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I give up D. It does no good to carry on with this. You are absolutely correct in all you have said and I am totally wrong obviously. Is this what you wish to hear? Ive had enough of this now and to hear the half a brain comment is wonderful. If I've misread something then I apologise . Maybe this forum , THS, and forums in general are not for me as I find it difficult to put down posts aimed at myself. Maybe it's best to just write LOL and leave it at that as trying to explain my position seems futile. I'm sorry if you got annoyed at any of my posts D. I think I need to take a break or leave the forum and sky poker  for a while or maybe completely..............hope you have gl at the tables........