You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

THE MIGHTY FOXES..the Shakespeare era!

BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,201
edited July 2017 in The Football Corner
On paper we had such a tough opening sequence of matches but we fought back to draw with Everton, fought back to draw with Arsenal and then trail Man United 2-0 then 3-1 before winning 5-3!

Sixth in the table with eight points on the board.

GET IN THERE!!!! :):):)

Comments

• Options
    HITMAN_RVHITMAN_RV Member Posts: 8,688
    edited September 2014
    In Response to THE MIGHTY FOXES!!!!!!:
    On paper we had such a tough opening sequence of matches but we fought back to draw with Everton, fought back to draw with Arsenal and then trail Man United 2-0 then 3-1 before winning 5-3! Sixth in the table with eight points on the board. GET IN THERE!!!! :):):)
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    VWP SIRS!!!!
  • Options
    bazzer61bazzer61 Member Posts: 404
    edited September 2014
    On paper we had such a tough opening sequence of matches but we fought back to draw with Everton, fought back to draw with Arsenal and then trail Man United 2-0 then 3-1 before winning 5-3! Sixth in the table with eight points on the board. GET IN THERE!!!! :):):)
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    CAN'T ARGUE WITH THAT BRRRRR.MY CLEANING LADY WILL BE LIKE A PIG IN THE PROVERBIAL !!!!!
    SHE'S FROM LEICESTER AND HER FAMILY ARE ALL FOXES SUPPORTERS.
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited September 2014
    Posted by Brrrrrrr[/QUOTE

Great start, will be interesting to see how you get on against the lesser teams who will definatly have a more cautious 
    approach than those youve played so far.
    Thought you had payed well over the odds for ulloa. 
    Having said that a couple of Brighton fans I work with said you had a bargain before the season started and they are 
    being proved right.
  • Options
    a00rocka00rock Member Posts: 832
    edited December 2014
    Hmmmm don't count yr chickens before they are hatched springs to mind ;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: THE MIGHTY FOXES!!!!!!:
    Hmmmm don't count yr chickens before they are hatched springs to mind ;-)
    Posted by a00rock

Ha ha ha! :) 

You might well be right but it's a pre-requisite of being a Leicester fan that you have to be an optimist!

Being bottom of the pile at Christmas means statistically, we're up against it, but I still think there are at least three teams worse than us to ensure we stay in the Premiership and build on that for next season.

Will take the gloating from all, if we never move up a place at all!!!

• Options
    a00rocka00rock Member Posts: 832
    edited December 2014

Still propping the pack up but 3 more points, now another win would put the foxes right among the pigeons gl ;-)

• Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited January 2015
    Just been looking at sack race odds pearson is 16/1
    that looks massive for a man managing the bottom club
    the owners seem to be giving him a bit of cash to spend 
    But how long has he got if they dont get a quick return?

Is it worth a few quid?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Just been looking at sack race odds pearson is 16/1 that looks massive for a man managing the bottom club the owners seem to be giving him a bit of cash to spend  But how long has he got if they dont get a quick return? Is it worth a few quid?
    Posted by BADBOY985

Who knows in football but I would save my money. Our Thai owners seem to be in it for the long haul and I think if he was going to have been sacked it would have happened before the transfer window opened.

The fact they have given him £9m + for Kramaric is more evidence they have faith in him. If you look on the City forums, there are fans who hate Pearson and were moaning even when we were winning the Championship last season.

I am in the Back Pearson camp - he has turned the club around since he returned from Hull and I still hink he will keep us up this season and build on from that.

The other point is this....who the **** is there as an obvious replacement? In recent years the number of managers City have gone through is crazy. We need stability and I would like to think our owners' patience will be rewarded!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    THE GREAT ESCAPE IS COMPLETE!!!!!
  • Options
    bazzer61bazzer61 Member Posts: 404
    edited May 2015
    NICE ONE PETE.
    MY CLEANING LADY IS FROM LEICESTER,HER FAMILY ARE ALL FOXES FANS.
    HAPPY AS A PIG IN THE PROVERBIAL.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Disappointed when Pearson was sacked, underwhelmed when Ranieri was appointed and cautiously optmistic when we won our opening match against Sunderland 4-2.

The day after watching Leicester fight back from being 2-0 down against Aston Villa with 68 minutes gone to win 3-2 I'm escstatic.

And one of the main reasons was Ranieri's assertion that despite being second in the table, being the form team in the Premiership since April, all it means is we are only 29 points away from our target of 40 points.

The main target has to be Premiership security and then dream about what else might happen - important to keep feet on the ground because I remember last season and after a jaw-dropping 5-3 win over Man United we went about six months without doing anything.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE, WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE.....COME ON YOU FOXES!!!!!!!!!!!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE (AGAIN), WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE.....COME ON YOU FOXES!!!!!!!!!!!! 
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,028
    edited December 2015
    Nice win last night :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    TOP OF THE LEAGUE FOR CHRISTMAS!!!

I hope the City fan who put £5 on a 1000/1 for us to be top of the table on Christmas Day (and sadly it wasn't me) enjoys his winnings! :))))))))))))))))))
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    LIVERPOOL,  MAN CITY, ARSENAL - three games the experts said would see Leicester put in their place. Well they were right, FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#thedreamisstillalive

• Options
    edited February 2016
    LIVERPOOL,  MAN CITY, ARSENAL - three games the experts said would see Leicester put in their place. Well they were right,  FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #thedreamisstillalive
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    Nice one
    Watched the game , very well deserved.
    Hope you hold on and win it !
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    edited February 2016

Looking good now for the title and I hope you go on and finish the job. As a Stoke fan, it is nice to see a 'smaller' club do well against all those clubs trying to buy the League. Man City are the nut worst. The best thing about this game was the empty seats in the home end with ten mins to go. Shameful and laughable. 

I think Mr Ranieri must be Manager of the season now too.

• Options
    ellroy84ellroy84 Member Posts: 174
    edited February 2016
    Looking good now for the title and I hope you go on and finish the job. As a Stoke fan, it is nice to see a 'smaller' club do well against all those clubs trying to buy the League. Man City are the nut worst. The best thing about this game was the empty seats in the home end with ten mins to go. Shameful and laughable.  I think Mr Ranieri must be Manager of the season now too.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    +1

Come on The Foxes!!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Fingers crossed The Cherries can do you a favour against Spurs.

The Dream is still alive and kicking
    GL GL