You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Technical Hints and Tips for Community

Comments

• Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Technical Hints and Tips for Community:
    new here, when i go to the tables i get a message saying a script error may cause movie to run slow,witch it does and i get timed out most times before i get to bet. downloaded new adobe flashplayer and still continues,computer is only 3 years old,and im on skybroadband can you help ?
    Posted by gizzer

Hey Gizzer,

I'm sorry to hear about your problems. take a look at this thread here. About half way down i deal with a situation that may be similar to yours. take a look and see if that helps at all.
  • staford03staford03 Member Posts: 24
    edited April 2010
    can any one help me i have just see that my table name has just chage and i dont know how or who has done it and every sins this happed i have yet to win much and all was lose when i see the river card can any one help me and tell me why this has happend
  • RumpyRumpy Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2010
       just out of interest i tried to do the same on my home computer (base unit) and low it works fine just my laptop that does not want to so it must be me i will play around with it next time i get a minute cheers
    Posted by JONONZIE
    Hi I wonder have you tried highlighting text then pressing 'ctrl and c' to copy and then use 'ctrl and v' to paste??

Good Luck
  • PokerPartyPokerParty Member Posts: 84
    edited August 2010
    Hi Rich,

I think  I have a 'sound' problem - when playing cash or tounies should there be 'sound effects' i.e when dealing cards and betting,
    On other sites I play on there is but not when I play on sky unless I turn my volume up to max and then I can hear a very faint noise.

Cheers

Nigel 
  • Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited August 2010
    Hi Rich, I think  I have a 'sound' problem - when playing cash or tounies should there be 'sound effects' i.e when dealing cards and betting, On other sites I play on there is but not when I play on sky unless I turn my volume up to max and then I can hear a very faint noise. Cheers Nigel 
    Posted by PokerParty
    Hi Nigel

If you open up a table and click on "Options" and then "Volume Control".  This should bring up a slide bar to enable you to increase or decrease the table volume. I'm guessing yours is set all the way to the left which is why your sounds are so quiet.

Hope this helps.

Steve
  • PokerPartyPokerParty Member Posts: 84
    edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Technical Hints and Tips for Community : Hi Nigel If you open up a table and click on "Options" and then "Volume Control".  This should bring up a slide bar to enable you to increase or decrease the table volume. I'm guessing yours is set all the way to the left which is why your sounds are so quiet.  Hope this helps. Steve
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Thanks Steve,

I'll give this a go tonight

Cheers Nigel

• mikmashmikmash Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2010

how do I get a full screen on my pc when I play Sky poker? Make it simple, I am 72. The table difficult to see even on max. It is too small to be clear to enjoy the game.

• beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited August 2010
    how do I get a full screen on my pc when I play Sky poker? Make it simple, I am 72. The table difficult to see even on max. It is too small to be clear to enjoy the game.
    Posted by mikmash
    The best you can do is standard view and then zoom in on your own computer. There is no way I am aware of to make it full screen.

If you are running a PC (Windows) operating system then you could use a magnifier to make things appear bigger, if I remember correctly you used to get one as a standard with windows (go to ->start-> control pannel -> ease of access center) or you can download one from here, http://magnifier.sourceforge.net/

GL at the tables. :-)

Beaneh.
  • mikmashmikmash Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Technical Hints and Tips for Community : The best you can do is standard view and then zoom in on your own computer. There is no way I am aware of to make it full screen. If you are running a PC (Windows) operating system then you could use a magnifier to make things appear bigger, if I remember correctly you used to get one as a standard with windows (go to - />start-> control pannel -> ease of access center) or you can download one from here,  http://magnifier.sourceforge.net/ GL at the tables. :-) Beaneh.
    Posted by beaneh
    I tried to magnify the screen, and got nowhere. My son had a look at the problem and changed the resolution, which I will have to do when I play Sky poker, and I must change it back to original setting when I have finished playing. The method he used was....right click on wallpaper screen, graphic property, display settings, open screen resolution, change to new resolution, press apply. The table is much bigger, but not a full screen. I am happy with the new size. Thank you Beaneh for your tips and hints.
    edited August 2010
    hehe that's it get the youngsters in to fix the problems! Always the way in my house too. 

GL at the tables.

Beaneh.
  • GOLD13GOLD13 Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2011
    Hi Rich,
    I wonder if you can help?
    I enter a tournament or cash game, the table loads but the right hand side and bottom of the page is not in view.This means that I have no access to the action buttons, raise,check or fold.
    I have been in the control panel and changed my settings but to no avail.
    I have always had this problem with my laptop though it is the first time it has occurred on my desktop.
    I relise that it is probably a PC problem but if you could point me in the right direction I would be much obliged.
    Thanks in hpe.
    edited January 2011
    WhenI say "not in view" I mean that the end side and bottom of the page are cut off. Reducing the page size does not reveal the rest.
    Regards
    edited January 2011
    WhenI say "not in view" I mean that the end side and bottom of the page are cut off. Reducing the page size does not reveal the rest. Regards
    Posted by GOLD13

Hi Gold, can you get the problem to happen again, then press 'Prt Scr' (print screen, should be top right of your keyboard next to scroll lock). Then open Paint and press Ctrl-V (or paste), then upload this picture to a picture hosting site (search 'image hosting' in google there are tonnes to choose from),  take the direct link of your picture and post that here, so that people can physically see the problem you are having. This will help greatly with diagnosing your problem.

Also giving your computer type, operating system version etc will get you a better answer.

:-)

• MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited January 2011
    WhenI say "not in view" I mean that the end side and bottom of the page are cut off. Reducing the page size does not reveal the rest. Regards
    Posted by GOLD13
    Is this on the download or web client?
  • Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited January 2011
    Hi Gold

I had a similar problem a few months ago and found that I had adjusted my "zoom level" from 100% to I think 75%.  Zoom level shows at the bottom right of this page.

Hope this helps

Steve
    edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Technical Hints and Tips for Community : Hi Gold, can you get the problem to happen again, then press 'Prt Scr' (print screen, should be top right of your keyboard next to scroll lock). Then open Paint and press Ctrl-V (or paste), then upload this picture to a picture hosting site (search 'image hosting' in google there are tonnes to choose from),  take the direct link of your picture and post that here, so that people can physically see the problem you are having. This will help greatly with diagnosing your problem. Also giving your computer type, operating system version etc will get you a better answer. :-)
    Posted by beaneh
    Hi Beaneh, Machka and Kiwini4u.
    Thank you for your time and willingness in trying to resolve my problem.
    It turns out that it was down to 'screen resolution', something that an old duffer like me knows jack about.
    I applaud your efforts. A credit to the site.
    Kind Regards.
  • MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Technical Hints and Tips for Community : Hi Beaneh, Machka and Kiwini4u. Thank you for your time and willingness in trying to resolve my problem. It turns out that it was down to 'screen resolution', something that an old duffer like me knows jack about. I applaud your efforts. A credit to the site. Kind Regards.
    Posted by GOLD13
    Glad you got it sorted.
  • JOLLYMACKJOLLYMACK Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2011
    BEEN USING A FRIEND'S COMPUTER TO PLAY ON SKY POKER. DON'T HAVE TV OR BROADBAND AT HOME . SENDING THIS FROM MOBILE PHONE.  WOULD WELCOME ANY ADVICE AS TO WHAT I NEED TO GET MYSELF SET UP AT HOME.    HOW MUCH DATA WILL I REQUIRE?  ( 5 HOURS A DAY )  I PAD OR LAP TOP ?  CHEAPEST OPTION BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY MOST RELIABLE. ANY ADVICE MOST WELCOME. COMPLETE MORON WHEN IT COMES TO COMPUTERS., SO KEEP IT SIMPLE PLEASE.  THANKS   
  • AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited November 2011
    If you're playing for five hours a day I think a laptop would be better than an iPad. No idea how much data you will use though as i've never monitored it.

• JOLLYMACKJOLLYMACK Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2011
    If you're playing for five hours a day I think a laptop would be better than an iPad. No idea how much data you will use though as i've never monitored it.
    Posted by AcidMan27
     Cheers  AM    I'll check a few things out over the weekend, before I decide.   Thanks     J