You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

First sharkscope star :)

Comments

• Options
    DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited January 2010
    Nice brag, keep it up as you obv have the sky 3.30 DYMs dominated.
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: First sharkscope star :):
    Nice brag, keep it up as you obv have the sky 3.30 DYMs dominated.
    Posted by Deadluck
    cheers m8... im aiming to move up in next couple of days... the problem i have is that because im a student £5.50 hurts when i lose it... its strange because i have more than enough of a bankroll to play but still hurts losing... like ive played 5.50 games before and lost like 60 quid in 2 days, its so depressing... any advice on dealing with this anyone?
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited January 2010
    i think i still have one.  had one the last time I S S my name but I haven't really cashed big in a tournie on here for about 2 months so it might hvae been taken away from me :(

nice record in the DYMs sir.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i think i still have one.  had one the last time I S S my name but I haven't really cashed big in a tournie on here for about 2 months so it might hvae been taken away from me :( nice record in the DYMs sir.
    Posted by scotty77
    yea i dont want mine to go :( thanks... i really should branch out and hit the cash tables though, i cant play dym forever.
  • Options
    barnsiebarnsie Member Posts: 496
    edited January 2010
    if you have the bankroll (which you say you do so np) step up to higher dym or personally cash

your game will develop quicker player 6 max cash than playng dym's imo.

Dont think about the monetary value to much its all relative
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,168
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: First sharkscope star :) : cheers m8... im aiming to move up in next couple of days... the problem i have is that because im a student £5.50 hurts when i lose it... its strange because i have more than enough of a bankroll to play but still hurts losing... like ive played 5.50 games before and lost like 60 quid in 2 days, its so depressing... any advice on dealing with this anyone?
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Been there, done that. I play using a 5% of BR 'buyin' rule.

I don't know for sure but I bet rank-up blues are common. I certainly felt them! Going from £2.25 to £5.50 I was petrified as the potential losses seemed so much bigger (rather than the wins being bigger). So I was playing in a negative mindset (musn't lose or else!). Same applied when I went from £5.50 to £11.00. So instead just make sure you stay positive, stick within your BR rules, and be happy to move down a level if needed... but don't be scared of playing at the higher level, just play your normal game and believe in yourself and enjoy it. 

PS - Phil12UK wrote a fantastic blog many moons ago all about being positive - well worth a read. It certainly helped me.

• Options
    TRIP5TRIP5 Member Posts: 3,618
    edited January 2010
    Hey BlackFish3...First HUGE Mammoth size congratulations to you...no mean feat indeed and as already pointed out you've got £3.30 DYM dominated, and that is a very lovely place for you to be!!!

Now, if you want to move to £5.50 but don't want to use/lose the money in your current bankroll then write down what it is before you start (Minus 3 buy ins for £3.30 investment - any monies earned from here onward will be your supplementary BR)

Now play 2 or 3 £3.30 DYM's, when you have won £5.00 profit add the other 50p from your BR and voila ...a £5.50 DYM for a 50p buy in...If you win the £5.50 DYM then by all means bank the money and enjoy your glory or play again...It's up to you!!

If not drop back to £3.30 and repeat the process - thus, even if you don't win you are not risking your current bankroll (apart from the extra .50p rake, think of the next few £3.30 wins as an investment in your poker career)

The first time you lose £5.50 DO NOT start buying into the £5.50 or higher games to chase your losses...this is not good play and will only get you in to trouble and make your BR go bye bye!

Stick to this formula until you are feel confident enough to play full time at the £5.50 limit, and your supplementary BR is sufficient for you to accommodate any losses at this level without you feeling nervous. If you get hit by variance (as everyone eventually does) It might be a good idea to return to the lower levels until you feel this has passed.

I really hope this helps, and remember this is just my opinion, there will be other magnificent ideas from other Community Members I'm sure

Good Luck, Keep up the fantastic work!!!!

Team Tikay are proud of you :o)

Irene x

• Options
    edited January 2010
    Hey BlackFish3...First HUGE Mammoth size congratulations to you...no mean feat indeed and as already pointed out you've got £3.30 DYM dominated, and that is a very lovely place for you to be!!! Now, if you want to move to £5.50 but don't want to use/lose the money in your current bankroll then write down what it is before you start (Minus 3 buy ins for £3.30 investment - any monies earned from here onward will be your supplementary BR) Now play 2 or 3 £3.30 DYM's, when you have won £5.00 profit add the other 50p from your BR and voila ...a £5.50 DYM for a 50p buy in...If you win the £5.50 DYM then by all means bank the money and enjoy your glory or play again...It's up to you!! If not drop back to £3.30 and repeat the process - thus, even if you don't win you are not risking your current bankroll (apart from the extra .50p rake, think of the next few £3.30 wins as an investment in your poker career) The first time you lose £5.50 DO NOT start buying into the £5.50 or higher games to chase your losses...this is not good play and will only get you in to trouble and make your BR go bye bye! Stick to this formula until you are feel confident enough to play full time at the £5.50 limit, and your supplementary BR is sufficient for you to accommodate any losses at this level without you feeling nervous. If you get hit by variance (as everyone eventually does) It might be a good idea to return to the lower levels until you feel this has passed. I really hope this helps, and remember this is just my opinion, there will be other magnificent ideas from other Community Members I'm sure Good Luck, Keep up the fantastic work!!!! Team Tikay are proud of you :o) Irene x
    Posted by TRIP5
    thanks a lot for taking the time to write this... i guess i just lack the confidence, ive played 5.50 before and my game went to pieces because of the money, dropped down and got it back together and now im almost ready for the jump again. im a member of team tikay btw :)
    i might try out your system... thanks for the support everyone, this is such a great community.
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited January 2010
    I had a star but now it's just a shark :o(

I have a star on another site and a tilt on another ......... non consistency is my read on that.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I had a star but now it's just a shark :o( I have a star on another site and a tilt on another ......... non consistency is my read on that.
    Posted by elsadog
    lol, your mixing it up!
  • Options
    dantb10dantb10 Member Posts: 583
    edited January 2010
    Congrats mate, its a good feeling innit!

I ada silver star, and have just been promoted to a nice new shiny gold one.

All i need now is to attack nutter5932's crystally diamondy thingy!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Congrats mate, its a good feeling innit! I ada silver star, and have just been promoted to a nice new shiny gold one. All i need now is to attack nutter5932's crystally diamondy thingy!!
    Posted by dantb10
    haha yea i saw the leaderboard... hes already taken a strong lead! gl in the league battle between you 2 lol.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

He'll smash me!

I dont play enuf at the min, with work and my new little baby, i can only squeeze in the odd cash sesh as i can sit out wenever i need to!

Very impressive results though dude, i seriously think you should think about stepping up!

If you need any advice PM me.

• Options
    lJAMESllJAMESl Member Posts: 591
    edited January 2010
    He'll smash me! I dont play enuf at the min, with work and my new little baby, i can only squeeze in the odd cash sesh as i can sit out wenever i need to! Very impressive results though dude, i seriously think you should think about stepping up! If you need any advice PM me.
    Posted by dantb10
    Hey Dan

You work? Thought you were full-time?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well, i say work!

I do have a 'job' as a risk assessor!

Pays me a steady wage, but my main income is poker.

• Options
    lJAMESllJAMESl Member Posts: 591
    edited January 2010
    Well, i say work! I do have a 'job' as a risk assessor! Pays me a steady wage, but my main income is poker.
    Posted by dantb10
    What do you assess mate... the risk of going all-in with AK of clubs on a 2c-6c-9s flop vs an overpair? :-D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    lol i dont understand why you would work if poker is your main income? thanks for the words of wisdom dan and congats on the birth of ya son. do you find the £110 dym profitable?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Just to keep the missus quiet!

Ye they are ok, but dont play them that often, ben seems to do ok with them, but they dont fill up that quickly!!

Lol james!
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: First sharkscope star :) : thanks a lot for taking the time to write this... i guess i just lack the confidence, ive played 5.50 before and my game went to pieces because of the money, dropped down and got it back together and now im almost ready for the jump again. im a member of team tikay btw :) i might try out your system... thanks for the support everyone, this is such a great community.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    From my experience £5.50 ain't that much different to the £3.30 games. Maybe some more solid play at bubble time?
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited January 2010

Hey mate, just looked on S S for the first time since joining sky poker, searched some of the regulars, theres some impressive stats.....Sum regulars Ive looked up have made alot of money!!

What r the stars and the sharks etc all about? - whats the ranking order? Used my 5 free searches, will have to wait till midnight :(

DOHH