You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

First sharkscope star :)

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,584
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: First sharkscope star :):
    Hey mate, just looked on S S for the first time since joining sky poker, searched some of the regulars, theres some impressive stats.....Sum regulars Ive looked up have made alot of money!! What r the stars and the sharks etc all about? - whats the ranking order? Used my 5 free searches, will have to wait till midnight :( DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    If you click the rotating stars, it will tell you. It generally means a "Top 20" Ranked player on the Site. Some players are shown as "Top 20 on Sky Poker" over several years, too. Just click the rotating star & it will pop up.

Please bear in mind it's not accurate, & does not include Cash Games, or Tourneys into which players have satellited. But it's a reasonable yardstick.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,168
    edited January 2010
    Please bear in mind it's not accurate, & does not include Cash Games, or Tourneys into which players have satellited. But it's a reasonable yardstick.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tikay, it does register the tourneys into which players have satellited, but it always assumes you paid the full buy-in. For example I got entered FOC into one of the £11 Bounty Hunters. I didn't cash anything, but rather than showing as a £0 result it shows as a -£11 loss!

• Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: First sharkscope star :) : Hi Tikay, it does register the tourneys into which players have satellited, but it always assumes you paid the full buy-in. For example I got entered FOC into one of the £11 Bounty Hunters. I didn't cash anything, but rather than showing as a £0 result it shows as a -£11 loss!
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Ahh, my bad, I apologise.

To be fair, it's so cheap to use, that one can hardly complain at it's accuracy or otherwise.
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited January 2010
    I did get my star yesterday, its now disapeared LOL... I was sat 20th in scheduled for this year, I think I will go back into the top 20 though as I did win a trny yesterday. Just need some consistant cashes, finishing in the top 20 was 1 of my goals for 2010
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited January 2010
    hi guys,

i have had to remove a few posts from this thread.

the forum is not a place for allegations. if you would like to make a complaint please either contact myself (by private message) or get in touch with the customer care team.

let's all try and keep this a friendly place that we all enjoy being part of.

thank you!

Rich
  • Options
    booboo69booboo69 Member Posts: 196
    edited January 2010

I knew I was a brilliant player.
    Just had a look at the shark site for the first time and I have a $17 profit for 1671 games played.
    That means I only have to continue playing the way I am, in order to reach about 98 million games played in total, for my first poker million!
    That's US dollars though.
    Might take a couple of more weeks to make it a million GB pounds.

Wish me luck.

• Options
    TRIP5TRIP5 Member Posts: 3,618
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: First sharkscope star :) : If you click the rotating stars, it will tell you. It generally means a "Top 20" Ranked player on the Site. Some players are shown as "Top 20 on Sky Poker" over several years, too. Just click the rotating star & it will pop up. Please bear in mind it's not accurate, & does not include Cash Games, or Tourneys into which players have satellited. But it's a reasonable yardstick.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Aha, thanks Tikay, I was trying to figure out why my figures looked so terribly ridiculous (I was PMing the lovely ElsaDog to find out)

But as I play mainly cash (I seem to totally suck at tourney's right now...too loose...lol)  I now understand! I thought it was because I cashed 3 times!!!

• Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: First sharkscope star :) : Aha, thanks Tikay, I was trying to figure out why my figures looked so terribly ridiculous (I was PMing the lovely ElsaDog to find out) But as I play mainly cash (I seem to totally suck at tourney's right now...too loose...lol)  I now understand! I thought it was because I cashed 3 times!!!
    Posted by TRIP5
    You are most welcome.

Elsadog is lovely? I'll try to come up with a diplomatic response to that. Give me some time please, it may take a while.
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited January 2010
    .In Response to Re: First sharkscope star :):
      PS - Phil12UK wrote a fantastic blog many moons ago all about being positive - well worth a read. It certainly helped me.
    Posted by NoseyBonk

to find Phil's old blog click here

if anybody else would like the links to some of the older blogs that are no longer displayed - just shout and i'll post them.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: First sharkscope star :) : You are most welcome. Elsadog is lovely? I'll try to come up with a diplomatic response to that. Give me some time please, it may take a while.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Beware Tikay...ElsaDog bites...lol
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited January 2010

Trip, (ignoring Mr Tikay), Sharkscope isn't that accurate but it can be useful, If you click on your name it will bring 3 graphs up. The middle graph is useful as it shows where you were profitable/non-profitable relating to stake, This you will find points to where you should be concentrating your game (stake-wise) in order to minimise loss.

See I can be nice ............ sometimes.

• Options
    edited January 2010
    Trip, (ignoring Mr Tikay), Sharkscope isn't that accurate but it can be useful, If you click on your name it will bring 3 graphs up. The middle graph is useful as it shows where you were profitable/non-profitable relating to stake, This you will find points to where you should be concentrating your game (stake-wise) in order to minimise loss. See I can be nice ............ sometimes.
    Posted by elsadog
    CHEERS! As I know know it doesn't involve all of my lovely jubbly cash wins I feel much more relaxed about it...Even happy as anyone that looks me up will TOTALLY think I'm pant's (which I am at tourney's but thats something else...lol)

You and Tikay should (after TKOII obviously!) Share wet and sloppy licks and maybe a bonio or two....C'mon - rub noses and make up :o)

x
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: First sharkscope star :) : CHEERS! As I know know it doesn't involve all of my lovely jubbly cash wins I feel much more relaxed about it...Even happy as anyone that looks me up will TOTALLY think I'm pant's (which I am at tourney's but thats something else...lol) You and Tikay should (after TKOII obviously!) Share wet and sloppy licks and maybe a bonio or two....C'mon - rub noses and make up :o)  x
    Posted by TRIP5
    Oh! that's yukky ......... he's a cat person.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: First sharkscope star :) : CHEERS! As I know know it doesn't involve all of my lovely jubbly cash wins I feel much more relaxed about it...Even happy as anyone that looks me up will TOTALLY think I'm pant's (which I am at tourney's but thats something else...lol) You and Tikay should (after TKOII obviously!) Share wet and sloppy licks and maybe a bonio or two....C'mon - rub noses and make up :o)  x
    Posted by TRIP5
    Lol, we have not fell out, & we never will! We've been sending banter back & forth on Forums & Poker Chat-Boxes for way too many years, long before Sky Poker was even a twinkle in Mr Murdoch's mince pie.

Even better, he lives in THE most splendid part of the world. I could tell you a story about it, but you'd get tiled.
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited January 2010
    I did get my star yesterday, its now disapeared LOL... I was sat 20th in scheduled for this year, I think I will go back into the top 20 though as I did win a trny yesterday. Just need some consistant cashes, finishing in the top 20 was 1 of my goals for 2010
    Posted by FlashFlush
    lol mines gone too now... ahhh well i still have the screenshots to make it last lol
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: First sharkscope star :) : Lol, we have not fell out, & we never will! We've been sending banter back & forth on Forums & Poker Chat-Boxes for way too many years, long before Sky Poker was even a twinkle in Mr Murdoch's mince pie. Even better, he lives in THE most splendid part of the world. I could tell you a story about it, but you'd get tiled.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I would like to make it clear I am not as old as Tikay ............ not quite.
  • Options
    salazarsalazar Member Posts: 330
    edited January 2010
    Just checked my stats on sharkscope for sky poker. Although I've only played a few games on the site I have got an average profit of $10 and an ROI of 155%. That's got to be worth a diamond hasn't it. :)
    Gonna have to start playing sng's and torney's on here and cash on my other site. Sky Poker is obviously good for me.

Salazar

Then again just changed this to SNG's only and it appears I'm not as good as i thought. Only $2 profit per game and 21% ROI. Still, can't grumble
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited January 2010
    My star is still gone, but I now have a little Sharky. I won the £22 d/s tonight, so I think when the leaderboard is updated overnight I will sneek back onto it, but very happy to have thta little creature swimming around by my name.
  • Options
    candicandi Member Posts: 2,162
    edited January 2010
    In Response to First sharkscope star :):
    hey guys i just wanted to share with you my good news... i got my first star on shark scope today for total profit this year wooo lol... ive won about 90 out of my last 100 £3.30 dym games and i am having a really good time of it atm. just sharing my happiness lol. gl at ze tables
    Posted by BlackFish3
    WTG hunni..very very well done! xxxx
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited January 2010
    In Response to First sharkscope star :) : WTG hunni..very very well done! xxxx
    Posted by candi
    ty :)
    and salazaar (i think that was your name)... your ROI is quality!