You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

YipeeYapee Post about HU

YIPEEYAPEEYIPEEYAPEE Member Posts: 51
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat

To Glitterbabe, Gerarrd, Sharksbite, BrownnDog and any other regulars, with the exception of Sparce and Kegsy, I am happy to play any of you. I have great respect for Sparce and Kegsy's game and choose not to play them right now at nl holdem, maybe in the future as I improve i will take shots.
Firstly I want to clarify, if I have ever left the table, it is not a personal attack on you, and it is not the end of the world. I simply may need a break, it may be the phone or the door. And I am online everyday, there wil be other times to play me.
Secondly, I don't berate you in the chat throughout sessions, like XXXX did to me today, that is unprofessional and I don't have time for it.
Thirdly, I will play all of you, but when you conspire to play me when I am playing 2 different opponents already and you think I will suddenly play multiple hu tables against multiple opponents, following your discussions, that's like the 'everybody's got it in for yipeeyapee club' it's not cool and it's not going to happen. So don't complain when i sit out at these times.
Once again I'm sorry if I've upset anyone, take it easy J

EDIT SKY_RICH

Comments

• Options
    Ads2kukAds2kuk Member Posts: 582
    edited January 2010
    Hey mate..

Sorry to sound rude and obnoxious but who are you?

I agree though I don't take too kindly with people talking rubbish in the chats aswell.
  • Options
    offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 1,049
    edited January 2010
    hes yipeeyapee what else do you need to know?

• Options
    barnsiebarnsie Member Posts: 496
    edited January 2010
    table selection is key so dont see why u should have to apologise to be honest

gd lk
  • Options
    YIPEEYAPEEYIPEEYAPEE Member Posts: 51
    edited January 2010
    i just wanted to clear the air, as there has been a bit of bad blood.
  • Options
    lJAMESllJAMESl Member Posts: 591
    edited January 2010
    I'm confused by this post are you saying you are challenging all regs HU except Kegsy and Sparce?!
    I will obv play you, I'm always on HU tables so come sit anytime!
    I heard some rumours though saying your a 'hit and runner' some of the regs were talking about it, to be honest I don't care about your etiquette to the game the way you conduct yourself on the tables is your choice, everyone is different and has different morals. You can leave a cash game when you want that's the difference between them and normal tables, I for one wouldn't hit and run personally. I'm guessing this is what this thread is all about.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: YipeeYapee Post about HU:
    I'm confused by this post are you saying you are challenging all regs HU except Kegsy and Sparce?! I will obv play you, I'm always on HU tables so come sit anytime! I heard some rumours though saying your a 'hit and runner' some of the regs were talking about it, to be honest I don't care about your etiquette to the game the way you conduct yourself on the tables is your choice, everyone is different and has different morals. You can leave a cash game when you want that's the difference between them and normal tables, I for one wouldn't hit and run personally. I'm guessing this is what this thread is all about.
    Posted by lJAMESl
    as if leaving a table when you won means you have lower morals lol - what a load of hogwash - sour grapes i reckon, if some of the high stake players are so morrally high why do we see them at different HU tables at the same time waiting for suckers i mean opponents!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: YipeeYapee Post about HU : as if leaving a table when you won means you have lower morals lol - what a load of hogwash - sour grapes i reckon, if some of the high stake players are so morrally high why do we see them at different HU tables at the same time waiting for suckers i mean opponents!!
    Posted by loonytoons
    Can only go on what I heard, heard he sat for 5mins doubled up insta quit. Sat on another regs table and then started chatting with them. The reg he insta quit got annoyed and asked him why he left, he said he "was talking and was coming right back" obv never came back. I hardly think sitting at different tables to a HU reg who both have little or no edge on eachother is immoral imo.
  • Options
    LONGPLAYLONGPLAY Member Posts: 232
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: YipeeYapee Post about HU : as if leaving a table when you won means you have lower morals lol - what a load of hogwash - sour grapes i reckon, if some of the high stake players are so morrally high why do we see them at different HU tables at the same time waiting for suckers i mean opponents!!
    Posted by loonytoons
    lol at the hit n run crybabies...im guessing that a player that "does not" hit n run because of the "etiquette" pressures  and 2 minutes later runs kings into aces and busts his whole roll   "gets his money back off the opponents"???  of course he doesnt,and he's only got himself to blame for not protecting HIS OWN WINNINGS.

• Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: YipeeYapee Post about HU : Can only go on what I heard, heard he sat for 5mins doubled up insta quit. Sat on another regs table and then started chatting with them. The reg he insta quit got annoyed and asked him why he left, he said he "was talking and was coming right back" obv never came back. I hardly think sitting at different tables to a HU reg who both have little or no edge on eachother is immoral imo.
    Posted by lJAMESl
    I agree, as immoral as leaving when winning, be it 1st hand 2 minutes or 1000 hands 2 days.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I am merely sticking up for a friend who is a reg and well respected player on Sky. I know they don't want to get involved as they are a non-confrontational person but to be honest people who upset my friends with the poor etiquette may it be chat abuse, hit and running or whatever I'm not going to let go un-noticed.
  • Options
    dantb10dantb10 Member Posts: 583
    edited January 2010
    I thort i was in the list that you wouldnt play?lol

Have i been added to the playable list now?

• Options
    edited January 2010
    I am merely sticking up for a friend who is a reg and well respected player on Sky. I know they don't want to get involved as they are a non-confrontational person but to be honest people who upset my friends with the poor etiquette may it be chat abuse, hit and running or whatever I'm not going to let go un-noticed.
    Posted by lJAMESl
    there you go again, i must agree that i thought your original post was fine apart from the 'moral etiquette' bit, 'chat abuse' yes morrally wrong, 'whatever' i dont know what you mean, but 'hit and running' is not morrally wrong its fine whether at you or you.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Agree to disagree I guess I'm sure alot of people will have different opinions on this matter.
  • Options
    SharksbiteSharksbite Member Posts: 146
    edited January 2010
    Ok before this is blown way out of proportion, I feel I now have to add something. Yippeeyappe and I did exchange words last night due to "hittting and running" as we all like to put it, no one can deny it winds the best of us up,and yes everyone has their own opinions on whether it is morally correct or bad etiquette. For whatever reason yippee  had to leave and he has felt the need to post a thread about it. Im not quite sure what the thread is aiming at, but just to say to yippee..lets move on.:) We are all adults here.
    Hitting and running in Heads Up play is an interesting discussion tbh, most players who play Hu will mostly agree at some point it has annoyed them if they get "runners" its probably one of the only things that annoys me but at the end of the day its everyones choice,and sometimes I do get people just have to go,regardless nobody needs to justify their actions whether someone likes it or not. I really appreciate James comments and he is a player i respect a lot, and is a great Hu player so probably knows more than most the annoyance of a runner lol.
    Sharky

• Options
    BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited January 2010
    In Response to YipeeYapee Post about HU:
    To Glitterbabe, Gerarrd, Sharksbite, BrownnDog and any other regulars, with the exception of Sparce and Kegsy, I am happy to play any of you. I have great respect for Sparce and Kegsy's game and choose not to play them right now at nl holdem, maybe in the future as I improve i will take shots. Firstly I want to clarify, if I have ever left the table, it is not a personal attack on you, and it is not the end of the world. I simply may need a break, it may be the phone or the door. And I am online everyday, there wil be other times to play me. Secondly, I don't berate you in the chat throughout sessions, like Brownndog did to me today, that is unprofessional and I don't have time for it. Thirdly, I will play all of you, but when you conspire to play me when I am playing 2 different opponents already and you think I will suddenly play multiple hu tables against multiple opponents, following your discussions, that's like the 'everybody's got it in for yipeeyapee club' it's not cool and it's not going to happen. So don't complain when i sit out at these times. Once again I'm sorry if I've upset anyone, take it easy J
    Posted by YIPEEYAPEE
    To be honest mate, this is silly. We're all grown-ups here

Good luck and best wishes.

BB
  • Options
    offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 1,049
    edited January 2010
    the sad thing about hit n runners is its not like you can refuse to play them in future because theyre always huge fish who are just scared of losing the money back.
  • Options
    dantb10dantb10 Member Posts: 583
    edited January 2010
    when they run they win 1 buy in,

The good thing is when they lose they stay!!!

And you get it all bak and more!

• Options
    CowgomooCowgomoo Member Posts: 749
    edited January 2010
    IMO, Hit and running 100% wrong. I totally agree with offshoot that u have to play them as they are usually bad if they do it in the first place
  • Options
    Sky_LingSky_Ling Member Posts: 317
    edited January 2010
    Hi guys,

I'm going to ask you to consider the facts that you categorically know to be true before you post on this thread; as at the moment it would appear one member who tried to clear the air is receiving a "bashing."

YipeeYapee has tried to make it clear that in his opinion he was not hit and running and I'm afraid none of us can claim otherwise. I truly believe that his original post was intended to wipe the slate clean but perhaps naming players was unwise.

Naturally we do not condone any abusive behaviour in the chatbox and should someone feel that they are being targeted they have every right to complain and we will look into the allegation.

However, this thread has labelled Yipee as a "hit 'n' runner" and then progressed onto whether this practice is morally correct.

As poker players we all have our own views on how long it is "right" to wait before leaving a table - but life can get in the way and sometimes we have to forego that self imposed 'rule'.

At this point I should probably add that should a player choose to "hit 'n' run" there is no rule in poker that prevents them from doing so.

Furthermore, "Table Selection" is a skill that most pros practice and therefore should a player get lucky, but realise that they lack the skill edge to continue it is in their right to leave as soon as they wish.

We also have to be aware that many posts are based on "rumours" so therefore this entire discussion is primarily based on hearsay.

To conclude, Sky Poker is about having fun, playing some cards and hopefully making some pocket money on the side  - please keep it that way.
  • Options
    barnsiebarnsie Member Posts: 496
    edited January 2010
    hate the regs moaning about this tbh

havent played much heads up on here but on the other site i play a lot of heads up and shortstacker/hit and runners are the main source of income.

you cant have it both ways lads