You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Internet Security......... IMPORTANT!

elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
It is being broadcast on the news channels that there is a serious security flaw with Internet Explorer. Without boring you with the fine detail, it is a security flaw where bye Hackers from China are able to access your computer with a trojan and access your hard drive. This means that all transactions (including Sky, Google etc) are potentially at risk when accessed through IE. The advice is to use a different browser such as Firefox or Safari, Changing your passwords to financial institutions eg. Poker deposits, Internet banking etc. is advised once you are on a provider other than IE.

This is not a problem with Sky. The problem is Microsoft IE. My advice is to swap from IE now.

Comments

• Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited January 2010
    Is it going to be resolved ?
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited January 2010
    jeeezz--them floppin peeps!!---still, they got nearly half the people on the planet over there--- Its only fair they should have half the floppin cash as well----innit?
  • Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited January 2010
    There's nout on Sky news or BBC news, you got any links ?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It's on the main News channels (501/503). Apparently the German PM has made a broadcast over there about it. 

Apparently Microsoft are working around the clock to produce a patch but they don't expect it before Monday earliest.
  • Options
    Fugly69Fugly69 Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2010
    LOL on a lighter note ill stick with IE with a bit of luck they might spin my £5.46 up on sky  if they hack into mine, and accidently put funds into my bank account!
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited January 2010
    I always try to keep my bank account right on the limit of my overdraught, just in case something like this happens, but when I told my bank manager this, he would'nt believe me--whats that all about eh?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Internet Security......... IMPORTANT!:
    LOL on a lighter note ill stick with IE with a bit of luck they might spin my £5.46 up on sky  if they hack into mine, and accidently put funds into my bank account!
    Posted by Fugly69

No they don't want your Sky money. They access your hard drive and from that they can get into anything. Bank accounts, mortgage, credit cards etc etc. You are then a prime target for identity theft. Whatever you have available on credit cards they will take. Good luck when your credit card bill arrives next month. 

Take it as a joke but it IS serious.

• Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited January 2010
    No wonder my bankroll is going down, and there I was thinking it was the fact my aces keep getting cracked lol
  • Options
    SharksbiteSharksbite Member Posts: 146
    edited January 2010
    I always try to keep my bank account right on the limit of my overdraught, just in case something like this happens, but when I told my bank manager this, he would'nt believe me--whats that all about eh?
    Posted by oynutter
    Lol, at oynutter and fugly, class comments, made my night:)
  • Options
    TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    edited January 2010
    Looks like it's just IE6 but don't quote me.  IE8 should be ok from what I'm reading.

Apparently the place that got hacked was Google.  Why the blazes do they use IE and not Chrome???
  • Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Internet Security......... IMPORTANT!:
    It is being broadcast on the news channels that there is a serious security flaw with Internet Explorer. Without boring you with the fine detail, it is a security flaw where bye Hackers from China are able to access your computer with a trojan and access your hard drive. This means that all transactions (including Sky, Google etc) are potentially at risk when accessed through IE. The advice is to use a different internet provider such as Firefox or Safari, Changing your passwords to financial institutions eg. Poker deposits, Internet banking etc. is advised once you are on a provider other than IE. This is not a problem with Sky. The problem is Microsoft IE. My advice is to swap from IE now.
    Posted by elsadog
    My experience is that Sky Poker runs better on Firefox than IE anyway. More efficient and less delay in loading tables, cards etc.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Looks like it's just IE6 but don't quote me.  IE8 should be ok from what I'm reading. Apparently the place that got hacked was Google.  Why the blazes do they use IE and not Chrome???
    Posted by TommyD

They mentioned IE8 by name earlier.

I don't think google use IE, it's their customers who use IE that are targeted.

• Options
    rawhandrawhand Member Posts: 437
    edited January 2010
    There's nout on Sky news or BBC news, you got any links ?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    News here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8460819.stm
  • Options
    hogan2089hogan2089 Member Posts: 169
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Internet Security......... IMPORTANT! : My experience is that Sky Poker runs better on Firefox than IE anyway. More efficient and less delay in loading tables, cards etc.
    Posted by Seagull158

my experience is  dont matter what you use , sky still runs and operates like  pigeon  mess...lol....

didnt want everyone thinkin cos ive let the clique infiltrate my profile page ive gone over to the dark side completely ..lol
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited January 2010

Terrible with technology, thanx for the warning...I have firefox so I changed straight away..

Change my password as well???

Hope this doesnt crash on me again! grrrr

DOHH

• Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Internet Security......... IMPORTANT! : my experience is  dont matter what you use , sky still runs and operates like  pigeon  mess...lol.... didnt want everyone thinkin cos ive let the clique infiltrate my profile page ive gone over to the dark side completely ..lol
    Posted by hogan2089
    Well lets be honest, Sky must be doing SOMETHING right because players who have problems getting tables to load are still coming back to play day after day.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Terrible with technology, thanx for the warning...I have firefox so I changed straight away.. Change my password as well??? Hope this doesnt crash on me again! grrrr DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Firefox is fine at the moment. Internet Explorer is the problem Dohhhhhhh
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ummm well if it is  google thats been hacked, then dont use firefoxes default search, cos its  google !
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Internet Security......... IMPORTANT! : Well lets be honest, Sky must be doing SOMETHING right because players who have problems getting tables to load are still coming back to play day after day.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    directs this person to the technical  forum, whereupon he can read all the posts about the technical issues on here
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ummm well if it is  google thats been hacked, then dont use firefoxes default search, cos its  google !
    Posted by hogan2089

Attacks on Google etc are commonplace, a daily occurrence. What's different here is that they can get into your pc via IE. It's not just Google though that has been named. They also named Adobe.