You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Few questions to you guys

Comments

• Options
    Darkangel7Darkangel7 Member Posts: 2,585
    edited May 2015
    Where is your PROOF! You said you've done research so what research was it and also as i said where is the proof of your findings? DYM is a total different kettle of fish so why bring that up??
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,146
    edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Few questions to you guys:
    In Response to Re: Few questions to you guys : Just dodging the question as always, I'm pretty sure if sky/tikay came out and openly said they were cheated you guys out of money you would still defend them
    Posted by kebawo
    I find your sentence structure is detracting from the point you are trying to make but......

You are mistaken, anyone that knows me can tell you I am as tight as a ducks **** (sorry Mrs Duck ;-))

I would certainly not defend them.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    well played you found the edit button.
  • Options
    SlipwaterSlipwater Member Posts: 3,587
    edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Few questions to you guys : I find your sentence structure is detracting from the point you are trying to make but...... You are mistaken, anyone that knows me can tell you I am as tight as a ducks **** (sorry Mrs Duck ;-)) I would certainly not defend them.
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Hey! That's my job.

But you've got a point there, Jimi.
  • Options
    mrsduckmrsduck Member Posts: 1,901
    edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Few questions to you guys : I find your sentence structure is detracting from the point you are trying to make but...... You are mistaken, anyone that knows me can tell you I am as tight as a ducks **** (sorry Mrs Duck ;-)) I would certainly not defend them.
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Nothing wrong with a ducks bottom! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    The point i'm trying to make is that RV guy got away with colluding on this site as he's a well known brown noser/regular on the forum, yet if a randomer decided he wanted to do that they would be banned instantly. Now in my eyes that's corrupt/biased so why the f do you guys think it's wrong to call out a site when they've proven to be corrupt??
    Posted by kebawo

There was a recent incident where collusion was reported, investigated and dealt with. The incident you refer to was also reported, investigated and dealt with.

What more can the operator actually do?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    So, you're not thinking of joining Sky Poker at all... it's just a (very) thinly velied dig at a couple of bad eggs in a pretty large basket.

Correct?
  • Options
    Sky_DanSky_Dan Member Posts: 589
    edited May 2015
    Everyone just going to ignore the fact that people are treated different on this site? If I was to join a DYM and collude my t!ts off i'm pretty sure I'd be banned today
    Posted by kebawo
    We do not take the length of time players have been registered/how many posts they have made on the forum into consideration when banning players from the site. If you are deemed to have been colluding with other players and we are confident you have done so then yes, we will most likely suspend your account indefinitely.

However not all cases are black & white. Seeing someone fold Aces to another player preflop or not calling an extra 100 chips into a pot of 5000 when they hold a strong hand, okay, that's easy to spot. But sometimes people make genuine mistakes, misclicks, get disconnected etc.

I can assure you that we are improving the way in which we monitor collusion and are focused on a number of specific areas (that I won't go into) over the coming months.
  • Options
    BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited May 2015
    The point i'm trying to make is that RV guy got away with colluding on this site as he's a well known brown noser/regular on the forum, yet if a randomer decided he wanted to do that they would be banned instantly. Now in my eyes that's corrupt/biased so why the f do you guys think it's wrong to call out a site when they've proven to be corrupt??
    Posted by kebawo

What I do find annoying is that you made an original post that many people on here replied to in good faith. You then went on to abuse this good faith and peddle a different message.

• Options
    shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
    edited May 2015
    Posted by kebawo
    He got away with it so well that he's permanently banned from the site...

It's also a total disgrace that Sky Poker don't regularly access private messages between players on a website totally unconnected with Sky Poker, just on the off-chance that they uncover the possibilty of any wrong-doings themselves.

I mean, every other poker site out there snoops on all forms of communications between members of its player pool in order to guarantee that they eliminate 100% of any possible wrong-doing.  Right?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Few questions to you guys : He got away with it so well that he's permanently banned from the site... It's also a total disgrace that Sky Poker don't regularly access private messages between players on a website totally unconnected with Sky Poker, just on the off-chance that they uncover the possibilty of any wrong-doings themselves. I mean, every other poker site out there snoops on all forms of communications between members of its player pool in order to guarantee that they eliminate 100% of any possible wrong-doing.  Right?
    Posted by shakinaces
    I am almost positive I detect sarcasm here.

Right?
  • Options
    NoCarbDietNoCarbDiet Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2015
    Everyone just going to ignore the fact that people are treated different on this site? If I was to join a DYM and collude my t!ts off i'm pretty sure I'd be banned today
    Posted by kebawo
    OOOOH - HE SAID BOOBIES!........ (ish)    :D
  • Options
    shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
    edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Few questions to you guys : I am almost positive I detect sarcasm here. Right?
    Posted by Slipwater
    Hi Slip - without doubt sir, you have the greatest shirt collection of any poster on this forum.

Sorry, what was your question again?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Few questions to you guys : Hi Slip - without doubt sir, you have the greatest shirt collection of any poster on this forum. Sorry, what was your question again?
    Posted by shakinaces
    My mistake.

None whatsoever.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    edited May 2015
    sky have their rng checked every year so i heard,they just dont update the info on the site
  • Options
    StenterStenter Member Posts: 1
    as far as i am concerned Sky poker isnt random - have had so many bad beats its unbelievable. Latest was with A j and the flop comes 6 3 j. I go all in vs aggressive betters and admittedly get a call from j 10. He hits 10 very next card. He had 12 % chance of winning after that flop. This is happening to me constantly.

• Options
    SuperAyr25SuperAyr25 Member Posts: 37
    Stenter said:

as far as i am concerned Sky poker isnt random - have had so many bad beats its unbelievable. Latest was with A j and the flop comes 6 3 j. I go all in vs aggressive betters and admittedly get a call from j 10. He hits 10 very next card. He had 12 % chance of winning after that flop. This is happening to me constantly.

It happens to us all thats just poker .
  • Options
    bgambgam Member Posts: 6
    To test out the 'bad beats' non-random theory I wrote my own poker game, 6 handed all-in every game. I used my own RNG, so I know I wasn't 'cheating'. The variance on these over several hundred thousand hands was about 20%. This was repeatable and also showed that long runs of losing (or winning) hands are inevitable in a random sequence. The 'randomness' means that, given enough hands, there will come a time when the cards are 'dealt' in perfect order; As, Ks,... Ah, Kh,... and so on. If you were in this game you would swear it was NOT random... but if the same RNG was used repeatedly, then this sequence is inevitable, it just might be a long time in coming. Even worse, the next deal could be identical (although even more unlikely)... This would still be 'random' as the randomness only happens over lots and lots of hands.

Just like the players who question the RNG when faced with some unlikely card deal, I question events when my pocket AA loses to a 83 or my AAAxx loses to A2345 or when... All it really shows is that random numbers are very counter intuitive.

It is very hard to generate 'true' random numbers, atomic decay is one method... but the RNGs that satisfy statisical tests are 'good enough' for all normal uses, such as poker. With proper oversight of the poker code and its RNG I see no reason to doubt this site and will continue to play...

Have skypoker thought of making their code 'open source'? It would allow inspection by anyone who doubts the fairness of the, silence doubters and build confidence in the games.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,352
    bgam said:

To test out the 'bad beats' non-random theory I wrote my own poker game, 6 handed all-in every game. I used my own RNG, so I know I wasn't 'cheating'. The variance on these over several hundred thousand hands was about 20%. This was repeatable and also showed that long runs of losing (or winning) hands are inevitable in a random sequence. The 'randomness' means that, given enough hands, there will come a time when the cards are 'dealt' in perfect order; As, Ks,... Ah, Kh,... and so on. If you were in this game you would swear it was NOT random... but if the same RNG was used repeatedly, then this sequence is inevitable, it just might be a long time in coming. Even worse, the next deal could be identical (although even more unlikely)... This would still be 'random' as the randomness only happens over lots and lots of hands.

Just like the players who question the RNG when faced with some unlikely card deal, I question events when my pocket AA loses to a 83 or my AAAxx loses to A2345 or when... All it really shows is that random numbers are very counter intuitive.

It is very hard to generate 'true' random numbers, atomic decay is one method... but the RNGs that satisfy statisical tests are 'good enough' for all normal uses, such as poker. With proper oversight of the poker code and its RNG I see no reason to doubt this site and will continue to play...

Have skypoker thought of making their code 'open source'? It would allow inspection by anyone who doubts the fairness of the, silence doubters and build confidence in the games.

Intresting, I would like to see your poker program generator

Would you mind posting a link, if its open source, to it ?
  • Options
    bgambgam Member Posts: 6
    mumsie said:

Intresting, I would like to see your poker program generator

Would you mind posting a link, if its open source, to it ?

Happy to share/discuss my code. I have not published it but happy to release it on GitHub (if you have access to the code sharing site) under GPL. It is written in python, so fairly easy to understand even though it needs work to comment and tidy it.
    If you're not a coder, then the current state is probably not suitable (no GUI, hard coded options to modify to change behaviour) best to wait till i've packaged it.