You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

IFFF...

ACBRO67ACBRO67 Member Posts: 86
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
you had to put up with a presenter hitting lucky....but a few hands later you smacked his aris.....should you get a bonus?????

Comments

• Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited January 2010
    In Response to IFFF...:
    you had to put up with a presenter hitting lucky....but a few hands later you smacked his aris.....should you get a bonus?????
    Posted by ACBRO67
    please translate anybody ?
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: IFFF...:
    In Response to IFFF... : please translate anybody ?
    Posted by IRISHROVER

Not  mentioning any names  but  he knocked TK out of the Omaha tournament   :))

Then went on to win it ...   Well played Sir !!

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    edited January 2010
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    The translation is......

The OP was in an Omaha Tourney & sharing a Table with me. (I am an Analyst, not a Presenter, btw). I was on my own Account, using my own money.

I was low-chipped, & I got my money into a monster 3 way pot needing to hit one of my two draws, & I hit, & scooped the lot, to treble up against the OP & A N Other.

I said "VUL bud, that's Omaha". The Chat Box transcript suggested the OP was not best pleased, & he posted "you are a presenter & needed to hit, & you did, yeah right, well done Sky.....".

A few minutes later, I flopped the nut straight, & the OP flopped the wrong end of the str8, & presumbly thought his hand was good, & all the money flew in. He then hit perfect-perfect to river a House, & busted me.

I said "well played, gg, & I hope you now win the lot m8". The OP said "sorry, I got lucky", I said "no sweat, "that's how Omaha works, gl m8".

I hope he won the Tourney, anyway.
  • Options
    hogan2089hogan2089 Member Posts: 169
    edited January 2010
    In Response to IFFF...:
    Posted by ACBRO67
    No but you do get free entry to a learn how to win graciously class!
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Yes, very interesting wordage by the OP. I'm sorry he had to "put up" with me getting lucky, & then "smacked my aris".

The short translation is that I got lucky, then he got lucky. Just standard stuff.
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: IFFF... : The translation is...... The OP was in an Omaha Tourney & sharing a Table with me. (I am an Analyst, not a Presenter, btw). I was on my own Account, using my own money. I was low-chipped, & I got my money into a monster 3 way pot needing to hit one of my two draws, & I hit, & scooped the lot, to treble up against the OP & A N Other. I said "VUL bud, that's Omaha". The Chat Box transcript suggested the OP was not best pleased, & he posted "you are a presenter & needed to hit, & you did, yeah right, well done Sky.....". A few minutes later, I flopped the nut straight, & the OP flopped the wrong end of the str8, & presumbly thought his hand was good, & all the money flew in. He then hit perfect-perfect to river a House, & busted me. I said "well played, gg, & I hope you now win the lot m8". The OP said "sorry, I got lucky", I said "no sweat, "that's how Omaha works, gl m8". I hope he won the Tourney, anyway.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I stand witness to this, and had to bite my tongue.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
      lol    .. TK,    I only know about this because he came to  my small stake cash table (around midnight) and first thing he said in the chat was, "Benny you should grow up mate "  ? 
    I then said, "
    "Oh marvelous here we go,  jeez whats your problem" ?
    He then said, "Grow up, FBI agent X Files, indeed" ?
     He then went on to tell me he had beaten you in a hand, and  went on to win the tournament ...
    So then I realised, he just wanted to tell some who cares,   :))
      so I  just said ,
    "Oh well done ..pleased for ya, glk mate" !!
    Two hands later he disappeared just as soon as he'd arrived, and then this  thread appeared 10 mins later.. So there  you have  it ....   

• Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited January 2010
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    oh i see now,

so mr ifff,

you are proclaiming your  pro ability ,

pro what time will decide .
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited January 2010
    I remember the first time I scored a goal in a school football match. I cycled 4 miles to my Gran's house because I just had to tell someone who cared. This is no different bless him.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Thanks Benny.

It's not a problem, I have to endure such comments every night on the Table, often every time I lose a hand, because I work here, & the same goes for the other Presenters & Analysts. It's a bit galling, but it goes with the job. I do think it's a little out of line when I am playing on my own account, with my own money, in my own time, but, you know, it's not the end of the world.

It tickled me to see the terminology. "Put up with the Presenter getting lucky", & "I smacked his aris". The two hands were pretty much mirror-images of each other. I got lucky in one, he got lucky in the other. That's it, really.

A good few hours later, I was playing Omaha cash with a bunch of regulars, & Greg Hogg & I got involved. I flopped top set (A-A-A) with bad flush re-draws, he flopped top two with Nut Flush & straight redraws. In fact, my flush draw was dead, I needed the Board to pair.

He hit his flush, but the board paired, so I scooped, the Pot was about £200, & it felted Hoggers. It was a straightforward cooler - both hands were unpassable on the Flop. There were no sarcy comments, no moans or groans, we just discussed the inevitability of the hand & moved on. It's just the way Omaha works, it's a brutal game, but if you have any competenence, you never mention being unlucky in Omaha - somebody gets unlucky pretty much every hand.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I remember the first time I scored a goal in a school football match. I cycled 4 miles to my Gran's house because I just had to tell someone who cared. This is no different bless him.
    Posted by elsadog
    Yeah, pretty much, excepting the suggestion that Sky Poker sorted it for me to win!
  • Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited January 2010
    Posted by elsadog
    Thats a long way to go to celebrate a goal! Was the game finished by the time you got back?
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited January 2010
    Thanks Benny. It's not a problem, I have to endure such comments every night on the Table, often every time I lose a hand, because I work here, & the same goes for the other Presenters & Analysts. It's a bit galling, but it goes with the job. I do think it's a little out of line when I am playing on my own account, with my own money, in my own time, but, you know, it's not the end of the world. It tickled me to see the terminology. "Put up with the Presenter getting lucky", & "I smacked his aris". The two hands were pretty much mirror-images of each other. I got lucky in one, he got lucky in the other. That's it, really. A good few hours later, I was playing Omaha cash with a bunch of regulars, & Greg Hogg & I got involved. I flopped top set (A-A-A) with bad flush re-draws, he flopped top two with Nut Flush & straight redraws. In fact, my flush draw was dead, I needed the Board to pair. He hit his flush, but the board paired, so I scooped, the Pot was about £200, & it felted Hoggers. It was a straightforward cooler - both hands were unpassable on the Flop. There were no sarcy comments, no moans or groans, we just discussed the inevitability of the hand & moved on. It's just the way Omaha works, it's a brutal game, but if you have any competenence, you never mention being unlucky in Omaha - somebody gets unlucky pretty much every hand.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tikay, ive actually posted this hand on the Omaha thread for peoples information. Thought it was a cracker!:)

• Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: IFFF... : Yeah, pretty much, excepting the suggestion that Sky Poker sorted it for me to win!
    Posted by Tikay10

hahaha   heheee..    Well they  would wouldn't they !!   haaha  hahaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • Options
    DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited January 2010
    I'm probably a bad one to wind up my opponent at the table sometimes, more online, but i don't enjoy seeing people being humiliated/mocked or intimidated etc, ofc the latter happens more live.

Nice to see you taking it so graciously though. I often dream of taking your aris to the cleaners at the tables, alas I am just not that good!
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited January 2010
    In Response to IFFF...:
    Posted by ACBRO67
    what a douche...

what holdem stakes do you play on cash table TK?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to IFFF... : what a douche... what holdem stakes do you play on cash table TK?
    Posted by BlackFish3
    When I play Cash Games on my own Account, I never play Hold Em,  just Omaha, & I play 50p £1, & £1 £2 in the main, though I'm happy to play at any stakes, low or high.
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited January 2010
    classy first post.

seriously mate, I have posted some rubbish in my time usually drunk or drunk the next day thinkin I am sober, but I`m actually just as drunk as I was the night before, and I know this coz when I actually do look back when I`m sober, I just cringe at what Ive posted.

I am cringing for you right now.  I hope you were drunk.
  • Options
    ACBRO67ACBRO67 Member Posts: 86
    edited January 2010
    Just to say...and its not an excuse...but I vaguely remember posting my comment.

In my defence...and my only defence....I was extremely drunk,having a good night and got carried away. I woke up the next morning and thought ' Oh God...I didn't REALLY post something did I?? I couldn't even remember what it said until I've just read it now.

My apologies to all. I am not a bad person......just a bit silly when drunk.

TK...no offence to you m8. You are an extremely gracious gentleman and I very much enjoy watch you analysing the play on the Tv channel.

I will leave you all now and never return when drunk....i hand my head in shame hopinf for forgiveness.   xxx
  • Options
    edited January 2010

It's forgotten ACRO, no worries. (What is?). It takes a very big man to make the Post you just did. Respect.

I get insulted quite a lot here, it goes with the territory I suppose. But the apologies are usually in private, which is kinda wrong, I tend to think!

See you at the Tables tonight I hope.