You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Rabbit Cams.

Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat

Just been playing on a site with rabbit cams.

Personally, I loved them and helped justify tough folds at times and meant I could fold a lot easier and not worry whether it was right or not.

How does anyone else feel about such a prospect being added to the download when it finally arrives?

They also had a fold and show option, but wasnt too keen on that feature.

Comments

• Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Rabbit Cams.:
    Just been playing on a site with rabbit cams. Personally, I loved them and helped justify tough folds at times and meant I could fold a lot easier and not worry whether it was right or not. How does anyone else feel about such a prospect being added to the download when it finally arrives? They also had a fold and show option, but wasnt too keen on that feature.
    Posted by Hale72
    Rabbit cams may be fun but they NEVER justify tough folds.
    Making an educated guess at what your opponent has and knowing the odds of what may come justify tough folds.
    Just because the river card doesn't make your flush, say, doesn't mean that you were right to fold your hand if you were getting the right pot/implied odds.

P.S. I am assuming that by "rabbit cam" you mean you get to see what the river (and turn) cards would have been even if you fold. If not, apologies.  :-)
  • Options
    MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited January 2010
    wots a rabbit cam???
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Rabbit Cams.:
    In Response to Rabbit Cams. : Rabbit cams may be fun but they NEVER justify tough folds. Making an educated guess at what your opponent has and knowing the odds of what may come justify tough folds. Just because the river card doesn't make your flush, say, doesn't mean that you were right to fold your hand if you were getting the right pot/implied odds. P.S. I am assuming that by "rabbit cam" you mean you get to see what the river (and turn) cards would have been even if you fold. If not, apologies.  :-)
    Posted by MereNovice
    True, but it is nice to know that ultimately you have saved some chips that ordinarily you would have lost, especially during marginal decisions.

And yes, they are fun.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    wots a rabbit cam???
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    A rabbit cam is post flop or turn, if all players have folded, it shows the next card.

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,027
    edited January 2010

Ooh, I hate them!

It's like peeps who muck 7-2 when the Pre-Flop Betting goes 3-bet, 4-bet, 5-bet, & the flop comes 7-7-2, & the guy gets all excited, "I woulda won if I'd called"!

I shared a Table with one such gentleman last night. Every hand "ooh, I woulda won the lot if I'd called".

But seriously, I don't "get" Rabbit Cams. I've seen it in Live Poker, thousands of times, in less well-run establishments. It gets to the River, the guy misses with his A-K, then grabs the burn cards & looks at them - "yes, look, it was one of the burn cards!"

I honestly find it very hard to understand why they would want to do that.

But plenty did, & do, so I guess that makes the case for Rabbit Cams. Each to their own. Me, I just wanna get on with the next hand, consoling myself with what might have been does not tick any boxes for me I'm afraid.
  • Options
    TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    edited January 2010
    Forgive me if I'm wrong and feel free to correct me, but the RNG is constantly shuffling.  I can understand (if not agree with) rabbit cams in a live game as the cards in the deck will be the ones to come out, but online as the turn and river are constantly randomised, isn't it just pointless?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Forgive me if I'm wrong and feel free to correct me, but the RNG is constantly shuffling.  I can understand (if not agree with) rabbit cams in a live game as the cards in the deck will be the ones to come out, but online as the turn and river are constantly randomised, isn't it just pointless?
    Posted by TommyD
    Not always, here and other sites shuffle the cards once per hand.

The flop turn and river are all predetermined.

There are sites that constantly shuffle, but Sky is not one of them.
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited January 2010
    Posted by TommyD
    Not on sky... the hands that are dealt and the flop, turn and river are decided as soon as the 'shuffle' is finished
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ooh, I hate them! It's like peeps who muck 7-2 when the Pre-Flop Betting goes 3-bet, 4-bet, 5-bet, & the flop comes 7-7-2, & the guy gets all excited, "I woulda won if I'd called"! I shared a Table with one such gentleman last night. Every hand "ooh, I woulda won the lot if I'd called". But seriously, I don't "get" Rabbit Cams. I've seen it in Live Poker, thousands of times, in less well-run establishments. It gets to the River, the guy misses with his A-K, then grabs the burn cards & looks at them - "yes, look, it was one of the burn cards!" I honestly find it very hard to understand why they would want to do that. But plenty did, & do, so I guess that makes the case for Rabbit Cams. Each to their own. Me, I just wanna get on with the next hand, consoling myself with what might have been does not tick any boxes for me I'm afraid.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I have heard these sort of things too.

Oooh, I folded 5 3 and would have made a straight flush!!!

NO, you folded 5 3.

But tbh, it is helping me not chase things as much, especially if the odds are not in my favour or very marginal calls.

It also makes me realise how often I actually miss these draws.
  • Options
    TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    edited January 2010
    Thanks for the heads up guys, ok on some sites they aren't totally pointless but I'd still rather not have them.
  • Options
    DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited January 2010
    i not bothered about rabbit cams because once ive folded my hand is finished with,however i do like the site where you can show one or both of your cards when you fold or win the hand as this gives you the oppotunity to show a bluff/made hand to give out a certain image that you can use to your advantage at a later stage.... 
  • Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited January 2010
    i not bothered about rabbit cams because once ive folded my hand is finished with,however i do like the site where you can show one or both of your cards when you fold or win the hand as this gives you the oppotunity to show a bluff/made hand to give out a certain image that you can use to your advantage at a later stage.... 
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    You can do that on Sky if you want to. Not 1 card but both.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I didnt think Sky had a fold and show option.

I know you can show your winner after everyone else has folded, but not show what you have folded.
  • Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited January 2010
    I didnt think Sky had a fold and show option. I know you can show your winner after everyone else has folded, but not show what you have folded.
    Posted by Hale72
    I may be wrong on the fold. I was thinking of the Muck Losing Hand option but I guess you're right that it doesnt apply to folds.
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited January 2010
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    You can show your cards on this site when you win a hand.
    You just can't show hands that you fold.
  • Options
    silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited January 2010
    I think it'd be a good option to have a fold & show here. There have been times where I've made a big lay down & wanted to show it.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I always enable "Muck or Show".
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited January 2010
    You can show hands when you win or lose on sky, as long as you don't fold.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You can show hands when you win or lose on sky, as long as you don't fold.
    Posted by elsadog
    Brilliant!

It's called The Orford Option.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,172
    edited January 2010
    I think it'd be a good option to have a fold & show here. There have been times where I've made a big lay down & wanted to show it.
    Posted by silentbob
    It would be nice to have the option.