You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Rabbit Cams.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Taller_GuyTaller_Guy Member Posts: 289
    edited January 2010
    Surely, wouldn't rabbit cams add to your frustration?  In Tikay's example, if that guy would've flopped a full house, then goes on to fold another three or four hands, but would've won the lot (extreme, I know, but bear with me), he's either going to deconstruct his laptop via the nearest wall, or pile into every hand thinking he's onto a winner and blow his chips, isn't he?  Doesn't sound like a good idea if you want to keep your blood pressure down!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,027
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Rabbit Cams.:
    Surely, wouldn't rabbit cams add to your frustration?  In Tikay's example, if that guy would've flopped a full house, then goes on to fold another three or four hands, but would've won the lot (extreme, I know, but bear with me), he's either going to deconstruct his laptop via the nearest wall, or pile into every hand thinking he's onto a winner and blow his chips, isn't he?  Doesn't sound like a good idea if you want to keep your blood pressure down!
    Posted by Taller_Guy
    For me & you, yes, but seemingly not for everyone.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,172
    edited January 2010
    Prior to this thread I'd never heard of "rabbit cams". I have seen 'River cams' on televised poker, which worked ok for us viewers on the odd occasion it was used. Can't say I see any need for them online as a player - I'm not bothered about seeing what would have come.
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited January 2010
    "Rabbit cam" is just another term for "river cam".
    It's used because looking at what would have been dealt on the river is known as "rabbit hunting".

• Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,172
    edited January 2010
    "Wabbit cam" is just another term for "wiver cam". It's used because looking at what would have been dealt on the wiver is known as "wabbit hunting".
    Posted by MereNovice
    Elmer Fudd has a lot to answer for...
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited January 2010
    Ooh, I hate them! It's like peeps who muck 7-2 when the Pre-Flop Betting goes 3-bet, 4-bet, 5-bet, & the flop comes 7-7-2, & the guy gets all excited, "I woulda won if I'd called"! I shared a Table with one such gentleman last night. Every hand "ooh, I woulda won the lot if I'd called". But seriously, I don't "get" Rabbit Cams. I've seen it in Live Poker, thousands of times, in less well-run establishments. It gets to the River, the guy misses with his A-K, then grabs the burn cards & looks at them - "yes, look, it was one of the burn cards!" I honestly find it very hard to understand why they would want to do that. But plenty did, & do, so I guess that makes the case for Rabbit Cams. Each to their own. Me, I just wanna get on with the next hand, consoling myself with what might have been does not tick any boxes for me I'm afraid.
    Posted by Tikay10
    i call these guys the 'could av, should av, would av, but didnt' brigade
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited January 2010
    Obviously, they are not to everyones taste.

The site I saw them on has an option to turn them on or off.

However, with a download iminent, any options that Sky could give that increases footfall to the site can surely only be a good thing.

This includes a fold and show option, or even an option to keep your cards in view or not after you have folded.

Personally, I hate to see my hole cards after I have folded.

By havin an on/off option for it, everyone should be happy.

I found it fun and reassuring, if others find it makes them call more as they see how many times they could have won, then again, that makes them play more loosely and in turn, that should please us too.
  • Options
    rossjb14rossjb14 Member Posts: 700
    edited January 2010

Forgive my ignorance, I thought this thread was about the upcoming BBC's Springwatch with Bill Oddie and filming rabbits in their burrows.  Slighty disappointed ;)

• Options
    ACBRO67ACBRO67 Member Posts: 86
    edited January 2010
    If I fold the nuts I REALLY REALLY REALLY don't want to know that I wouldve won. Just drives me crazy in those tourneys where I can't hit a F@@cking hand, and everything is 8 high etc
  • Options
    Spike2120Spike2120 Member Posts: 112
    edited January 2010
    I can see peoples points on rabbit cams but personally I am not a fan like Tikay & taller_guy I feel they might just add more frustration if you lay down a hand and then find out you would have won, well obviously this makes no difference if the hand is 7 2 but still for the more "emotional" players should we say the ones that always get flustered over pots that they would have won or lost cause they didnt stay in the hand it just would not be valid.

I feel a way round it though would be to have it so you only saw it if you wanted to see it so to speak if that makes sense. This is probably a silly idea but its just me trying to think a way that would be beneficial for everyone, cause obviously it helps you for convidence Hale72, but for others it could just cause more frustration

Spike2120
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited January 2010
    Isnt there enough in this crazy game to tilt us all without wabbit cams
  • Options
    NColleyNColley Member Posts: 1,178
    edited January 2010
    if the site predetermines the cards, does this not leave it open to programmers to make cheats to determine the next card thats going to come? correct/forgive me if I am wrong?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    if the site predetermines the cards, does this not leave it open to programmers to make cheats to determine the next card thats going to come? correct/forgive me if I am wrong?
    Posted by NColley
    The Site does not pre-determine the cards - the RNG does. It's exactly the same as the shuffle in Live Poker.

As a matter of interest, why exactly would Sky Poker want to programme it to "cheat"?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I can see peoples points on rabbit cams but personally I am not a fan like Tikay & taller_guy I feel they might just add more frustration if you lay down a hand and then find out you would have won, well obviously this makes no difference if the hand is 7 2 but still for the more "emotional" players should we say the ones that always get flustered over pots that they would have won or lost cause they didnt stay in the hand it just would not be valid. I feel a way round it though would be to have it so you only saw it if you wanted to see it so to speak if that makes sense. This is probably a silly idea but its just me trying to think a way that would be beneficial for everyone, cause obviously it helps you for convidence Hale72, but for others it could just cause more frustration Spike2120
    Posted by Spike2120
    Lol, now that tickled me. "The more emotional players"!
  • Options
    Ms_ChipsMs_Chips Member Posts: 256
    edited January 2010
    I love the rabbit cam. I never use it though. It's bad for your game.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I love the rabbit cam. I never use it though. It's bad for your game.
    Posted by Ms_Chips
    ;)
  • Options
    Spike2120Spike2120 Member Posts: 112
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Rabbit Cams. : Lol, now that tickled me. "The more emotional players"!
    Posted by Tikay10
    I was trying to be as nice as I possibly could lol