You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

bye bye 16 double your money cash streak...

Comments

• Options
    Ms_ChipsMs_Chips Member Posts: 256
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: bye bye 16 double your money cash streak...:
    well ive just got back from an indian restraunt had too many kingfishers so its not really a good idea! ;-) unless its strip poker!  hahaha
    Posted by donkeyplop
    I'm not sure if the sight of you naked could be justified as winning. hehe
  • Options
    DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited January 2010
    /shoo all the haters

UL Andy. Stick to cash!
  • Options
    donkeyplopdonkeyplop Member Posts: 3,795
    edited January 2010
    good point lol

anyway how do you know what i look like naked?
  • Options
    philmenowphilmenow Member Posts: 617
    edited January 2010
    unlukky m8,nothing worse than losin 2 a bad call..just had 1 at another site,called and called again for a 2 outer..

thought id put my graph on here with my 22 cashes in a row

• Options
    Ms_ChipsMs_Chips Member Posts: 256
    edited January 2010
    good point lol anyway how do you know what i look like naked?
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Oh, but I only said I wasn't sure.
  • Options
    NColleyNColley Member Posts: 1,178
    edited January 2010
    i take it none of you have ever played dym games? folding an A when folded round in the SB with 7BB left when someone has just 2BB less... gl with that. its funny because the guy stacked off with his A4 calling, when another player was so likely to bubble.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Whats with the digg? This topic was obviously just some kind of thing where you expected people to go 'OMG WHAT A DONK' 'HES SUCH AN IDIOT' or something similar.

Just to add, A 8 is not a hand I'm gettin involved with in the small blind on the bubble. We have the button next hand, the short stack has to pass through the blinds first and also since its a STT conventional BB rules don't apply and im willing to drop to 3-4 BBs b4 its gettin busy time since DYM is about survival.
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: bye bye 16 double your money cash streak... : Whats with the digg? This topic was obviously just some kind of thing where you expected people to go 'OMG WHAT A DONK' 'HES SUCH AN IDIOT' or something similar.
    Posted by NColley
    lol because i started getting a load of BS posts about the beat (it was the significance to me that i found made the call and outdraw funny... just the sheer cruelty haha) so i threw my toys out the pram ;)
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited January 2010

Unlucky m8. Interesting hand though shoving the ace 8 there. Similar to a move I made, it was blind on blind and shoved ace 5 at a similar stage, although there wasnt a short-stack - and got snapped by pocket 5's.

Shoving is so much easier than calling, I hate calling, theres nuffin more gut wrenching than leaving a tourny, whatever size, by making a bad call. I dnt know what planet these guys are on when they are calling off with hands like that. Ironic thing is alot of the time, if the roles were reveresed, they wud probably limp/make up the blind!

Agh! How u ment to read these guys? haha

Nice run tho! - How did the cash go yest any better?

DOHH
  • Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited January 2010
    Hi Blackfish.
    I suppose most ppl will say you were wrong to push all in with A8, but thats easier to say after seeing the cards and I think it would be missing the point a little bit. The way I see it is, you shoved all-in with A8 but he did'nt know what you had in your hand, it wasn't your play that was bad, it was his call that was bad.

If anyone shoves all-in on me and I only have A4 I am clearly folding, however, he did call and after that its just a flat out race and you were a bit unlucky to be pipped at the post as you did have the best starting hand lol.

Anyway, unlucky to break your winning streak this way m8 so good luck on the next one.

Pokertrev
  • Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited January 2010
    Hi Blackfish. I suppose most ppl will say you were wrong to push all in with A8, but thats easier to say after seeing the cards and I think it would be missing the point a little bit. The way I see it is, you shoved all-in with A8 but he did'nt know what you had in your hand, it wasn't your play that was bad, it was his call that was bad. If anyone shoves all-in on me and I only have A4 I am clearly folding, however, he did call and after that its just a flat out race and you were a bit unlucky to be pipped at the post as you did have the best starting hand lol. Anyway, unlucky to break your winning streak this way m8 so good luck on the next one. Pokertrev
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Not sure it was a race.
  • Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: bye bye 16 double your money cash streak... : Not sure it was a race.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    A8 against A4 - Someones gotta finish first! of course it was a race, although it was nothing like the hare and the tortoise and about as exciting as watching dafodils grow lol.
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited January 2010
    very well done mr black,

you trashed my best record ,

which was 12,

i bow to your superiority oh master black  !

over and out roborover .
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Unlucky m8. Interesting hand though shoving the ace 8 there. Similar to a move I made, it was blind on blind and shoved ace 5 at a similar stage, although there wasnt a short-stack - and got snapped by pocket 5's. Shoving is so much easier than calling, I hate calling, theres nuffin more gut wrenching than leaving a tourny, whatever size, by making a bad call. I dnt know what planet these guys are on when they are calling off with hands like that. Ironic thing is alot of the time, if the roles were reveresed, they wud probably limp/make up the blind! Agh! How u ment to read these guys? haha Nice run tho! - How did the cash go yest any better? DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    i went through a stage where i started folding hands like this... and i kept losing... then i played solid poker for about two days with a m8 of mine who put me back on track and you need the fearless approach when shoving, any ace in the SB with less than 10BB is an easy all in for me.
    yea the cash has gone slightly better... slowly grinding back what i lost, made about 1 BI yesterday, so i guess its slow but at least its profit.
    Whens your TP thing begin btw?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hi Blackfish. I suppose most ppl will say you were wrong to push all in with A8, but thats easier to say after seeing the cards and I think it would be missing the point a little bit. The way I see it is, you shoved all-in with A8 but he did'nt know what you had in your hand, it wasn't your play that was bad, it was his call that was bad. If anyone shoves all-in on me and I only have A4 I am clearly folding, however, he did call and after that its just a flat out race and you were a bit unlucky to be pipped at the post as you did have the best starting hand lol. Anyway, unlucky to break your winning streak this way m8 so good luck on the next one. Pokertrev
    Posted by POKERTREV
    If i saw the cards i 100% would push lol, 70% ahead i can hardly ask for a better spot! When he called i knew i was crushed because with a short stack about to get knocked out all i had to do was keep my stack up by shoving in spots like this where he could only call with an absolute premium... so i was like **** im crushed here, whats he got big PP? AQ AK??? ahh this sucks :(... EH?!?!?!? A4????!!! wow...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    very well done mr black, you trashed my best record , which was 12, i bow to your superiority oh master black  ! over and out roborover .
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    bow down irish bow down haha :)
  • Options
    BANDICOOTBANDICOOT Member Posts: 675
    edited January 2010
    Most I've managed Is 8 In a row so I tip me hat to all of yous!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I think Talon has the highest known streak on here with 18... i think thats right but not 100% sure.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited January 2010

My TP starts a week on monday. I think u shud play on the mastercash tables tonight. Its a 2 hour show, and theres only 2 mastercash tables open, so each will get an hour I presume! 

This will be so helpful to u, to get every hand for an hour analysed wud be invaluable to a new cash player (but far from a new poker player)

The differences will be so easy for rich n TK to spot. Being in the spotlight for some is all about creating an image, but It's as close as ur gonna get to 1 on 1 coaching.

Go for it, its only 50 quid, n theres nothing stopping u winning!

DOHH
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited January 2010
    I think Talon has the highest known streak on here with 18... i think thats right but not 100% sure.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    I think philmenow had 22, again not 100%
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited January 2010
    Posted by BlackFish3
    just checked talon got 20