You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

bye bye 16 double your money cash streak...

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,919
    edited January 2010

Praise be - peace has broken out!
  • Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: bye bye 16 double your money cash streak...:
    In Response to Re: bye bye 16 double your money cash streak... : oops my bad.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    and from a lawyer too!
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited January 2010
    Praise be - peace has broken out!
    Posted by Tikay10
     the funniest post of the night ,

pmsl !!!
  • Options
    hogan2089hogan2089 Member Posts: 169
    edited January 2010
    nice one jinglema... now i realise this guy is trying to cause trouble... such a troll lol.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    not trying to cause trouble young man, just  trying to show  that a kid needs to show some humility, as far as poker is concerned you might end up being a half decent player, who knows...but you wont win any popularity polls with your attitude, and matey at the moment, despite what your new found friends think, you certainly  are far from all that at the game ...lol
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,919
    edited January 2010

Can we not just cool it, & move on, guys?
  • Options
    Mr_MiyagiMr_Miyagi Member Posts: 2,031
    edited January 2010
    Can we not just cool it, & move on, guys?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yeah +1
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sorry Hogan.

Webby who? your the man now!

I never even liked any of them, always you. Hope we can be friends please.  I'm just a boy!
  • Options
    JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: bye bye 16 double your money cash streak... : when a little kid has been playing  for less than a full moon, shows some f humility we can yes......ive  been playing on this site since 2007, and on other sites for a lot longer, and ive come across a lot of arrrogance on sites, but it takes a bit to match his......and thgeres a few fa..nny lickers who want to jump on his bandwagon who need to realise that its quite sad practice to sit their in your mummys front room and act like sprites behind the cover of the internet!.
    Posted by hogan2089
    This post perfectly sums up what hogan is all about. I have nothing more to add except that he has also now sent me a very friendly pm in which he shows even more of his class, grace and humility, which he so rightly expects to see in others.

It's this kind of behaviour which stops this forum from being the open, friendly place that it should be, which is a great shame for us all.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: bye bye 16 double your money cash streak... : This post perfectly sums up what hogan is all about. I have nothing more to add except that he has also now sent me a very friendly pm in which he shows even more of his class, grace and humility, which he so rightly expects to see in others. It's this kind of behaviour which stops this forum from being the open, friendly place that it should be, which is a great shame for us all.
    Posted by JingleMa
    I had the same message. Lesson learned.

Stay away from Hogan!
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited February 2010
    Sorry Hogan. Webby who? your the man now! I never even liked any of them, always you. Hope we can be friends please.  I'm just a boy!
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    hey!!!

webby is the man

hope this helps
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: bye bye 16 double your money cash streak... : This post perfectly sums up what hogan is all about. I have nothing more to add except that he has also now sent me a very friendly pm in which he shows even more of his class, grace and humility, which he so rightly expects to see in others. It's this kind of behaviour which stops this forum from being the open, friendly place that it should be, which is a great shame for us all.
    Posted by JingleMa

hey guys,

i'm worried to hear about this. if something (a forum post) is offence please use the 'report abuse' button below all contributions.

if you receive an abusive PM please forward it to me at Community@skypoker.com and i'll take a look.

thanks guys, we'll get there ("the open, friendly place that it should be")... eventually.
  • Options
    TalonTalon Member Posts: 1,621
    edited February 2010
      Just looked at that hand and digested it all and i think you made a bad choice. From what i can tell going into that hand we have stack sizes of 1000  1600  2400 and 7000. Which means that we have 1 big stack and 3 short stacks.In the small blind as you were your range for shioving is very wide and is liable to be called by a fellow shortie with anything above an average hand. And against that calling range you are really not a big favourite against any of it and the dominated hand which called was truly the best you could have hoped for. The power of the all in move is to take down pots pre flop but this loses its edge when we get to this scenario.

Also with you about to go out of the blinds then over the next 2 hands you would not have to put chips into the pot and both of your fellow shorties would, with the big stack just lying there in waiting.Over the course of the next 2 hands the really short guy would have to get all his chips in as the blinds are too big for him to just fold away.The DYM is about survival and not winning so it conjours up different situations. You can ask questions of other players by folding hands forcing them to get busy.

So for me the correct move here would be to fold and just sit back and see what happens over the next 2 hands.Very possibly the next time you come into the blinds you will already have cashed. Just my opinion and i am sure others will argue but for me i do not want to be risking bubbling on what was liable to be just a 60/40 shot.
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited February 2010
      Just looked at that hand and digested it all and i think you made a bad choice. From what i can tell going into that hand we have stack sizes of 1000  1600  2400 and 7000. Which means that we have 1 big stack and 3 short stacks.In the small blind as you were your range for shioving is very wide and is liable to be called by a fellow shortie with anything above an average hand. And against that calling range you are really not a big favourite against any of it and the dominated hand which called was truly the best you could have hoped for. The power of the all in move is to take down pots pre flop but this loses its edge when we get to this scenario.   Also with you about to go out of the blinds then over the next 2 hands you would not have to put chips into the pot and both of your fellow shorties would, with the big stack just lying there in waiting.Over the course of the next 2 hands the really short guy would have to get all his chips in as the blinds are too big for him to just fold away.The DYM is about survival and not winning so it conjours up different situations. You can ask questions of other players by folding hands forcing them to get busy.   So for me the correct move here would be to fold and just sit back and see what happens over the next 2 hands.Very possibly the next time you come into the blinds you will already have cashed. Just my opinion and i am sure others will argue but for me i do not want to be risking bubbling on what was liable to be just a 60/40 shot.
    Posted by Talon
    with all due respect i think folding in these kinds of situations is a common mistake players make. I have little more than the short stack and so cannot afford to pass up opportunities that are this good! an ace in the SB folded round, its massive! i cant go folding here. Also it has to be assumed that because of the stack of the shorty that the BB will pass all but premium hands, if the shorty even just steals the blinds i am looking to be on the way out so i have to grab these opportunities. DYM become a fearless battle on the bubble where chip stacks become very important, i shoved into someone that barely had me covered, i even managed to get my money in as a big fave so it was an absolutely perfect spot.
  • Options
    TalonTalon Member Posts: 1,621
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: bye bye 16 double your money cash streak... : with all due respect i think folding in these kinds of situations is a common mistake players make. I have little more than the short stack and so cannot afford to pass up opportunities that are this good! an ace in the SB folded round, its massive! i cant go folding here. Also it has to be assumed that because of the stack of the shorty that the BB will pass all but premium hands, if the shorty even just steals the blinds i am looking to be on the way out so i have to grab these opportunities. DYM become a fearless battle on the bubble where chip stacks become very important, i shoved into someone that barely had me covered, i even managed to get my money in as a big fave so it was an absolutely perfect spot.
    Posted by BlackFish3
      I think you will find that going all in in these situations is a common mistake that people make. You chose to risk going out by shoving with a marginal hand, knowing that within 2 hands the real shortstack would be forced to risk everything with very little fold equity.The sacrifice of a small blind to massively increase your percentage chance of cashing is the sensible option. The allin move isoverused during the bubble period in a DYM when people are desperate to steal blinds.Sometimes sitting back and losing a few blinds is the much better way to go
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: bye bye 16 double your money cash streak... :   I think you will find that going all in in these situations is a common mistake that people make. You chose to risk going out by shoving with a marginal hand, knowing that within 2 hands the real shortstack would be forced to risk everything with very little fold equity.The sacrifice of a small blind to massively increase your percentage chance of cashing is the sensible option. The allin move isoverused during the bubble period in a DYM when people are desperate to steal blinds.Sometimes sitting back and losing a few blinds is the much better way to go
    Posted by Talon
    i think that shoving and not waiting to be blinded out has been one of my key assets. I went on a losing streak a while ago when i started waiting for the short stack to be blinded out, big stacks would fold for 100 chips on the bubble etc and i would be the one that lost. then i played with a m8 of mine and he would say things like how can you possibly fold an ace there... i went back to how i used to play and got back to winning. There are times when you sit back but i think this situation the stacks were too close to do that so i want to get my money in 1st when chances are i have the best hand.
  • Options
    jimifloydjimifloyd Member Posts: 148
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: bye bye 16 double your money cash streak... : i think that shoving and not waiting to be blinded out has been one of my key assets. I went on a losing streak a while ago when i started waiting for the short stack to be blinded out, big stacks would fold for 100 chips on the bubble etc and i would be the one that lost. then i played with a m8 of mine and he would say things like how can you possibly fold an ace there... i went back to how i used to play and got back to winning. There are times when you sit back but i think this situation the stacks were too close to do that so i want to get my money in 1st when chances are i have the best hand.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    This should end the discussion going by the stats we have we dont know the rest of the tables stack sizes.

It's an obvious shove but just to show you how obvious here the scenario roughly,in sit and go wiz.

The chip model program calculates the ranges stack sizes into a push or fold scenario and seen as so he has less than ten BB's it is shove and fold anyway.

I changed the opponents calling range to calls with all hands even 72 off and its is still a shove.

It was a bad call just unlucky long term it is a + EV shove.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: bye bye 16 double your money cash streak... : This should end the discussion going by the stats we have we dont know the rest of the tables stack sizes. It's an obvious shove but just to show you how obvious here the scenario roughly,in sit and go wiz. The chip model program calculates the ranges stack sizes into a push or fold scenario and seen as so he has less than ten BB's it is shove and fold anyway. I changed the opponents calling range to calls with all hands even 72 off and its is still a shove. It was a bad call just unlucky long term it is a + EV shove.
    Posted by jimifloyd
    did you factor into the chip model the dym payout?
  • Options
    sara36dd08sara36dd08 Member Posts: 826
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: bye bye 16 double your money cash streak... : did you factor into the chip model the dym payout?
    Posted by BlackFish3
    looking at this and the posts on this thread
    it does look a bad shove
    as he has been told by meny players

but each to there own let him play as he feels is right and he will find his level
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: bye bye 16 double your money cash streak... : looking at this and the posts on this thread it does look a bad shove as he has been told by meny players but each to there own let him play as he feels is right and he will find his level
    Posted by sara36dd08
    It looks a good shove as he has been told by many players.
    This has also been ratified by an independent and respected STT evaluation tool.
    He is clearly good enough to win consistently at this level.
  • Options
    jimifloydjimifloyd Member Posts: 148
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: bye bye 16 double your money cash streak... : It looks a good shove as he has been told by many players. This has also been ratified by an independent and respected STT evaluation tool. He is clearly good enough to win consistently at this level.
    Posted by MereNovice

Well put novice i like ur opinions but for people who dont understand the shove look at the picture i post.
    Note i changed the range to call with any 2 cards 99.6 % if i put it at a standard 30 % the tighter the player basically and the less likley he will call.Its a deffinite shove and the guy is not gonna have a hand in that range to call more often than not.