You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Absolute joke.

jimm338jimm338 Member Posts: 7
I've had absolutely no luck on here all week. The 7:30pm freerolls I've finished just out the money both nights and had some very bad luck along the way but tonight takes the biscuit, not least because I was in a good position.

No surprise that the guy with more chips gets the luck, it's getting sad when I can predict the river so frequently, not one ounce of me was surprised he hit his jack on the river.

Comments

• Options
    gerardirlgerardirl Member Posts: 1,299
    edited December 2015
    Im not trying to be annoying Jim but you said you were in good position, might you have had some luck to be in good position?

My point is we often forget when we had some luck, but always remember when we were unlucky.

Anyhow we all need a vent now and then, hope it turns for you soon.

Good luck,

Ger
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited December 2015
    I don't think I can wait for these pics to be approved.

APPROVE THEM NOW SKY!
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    We're all in these tournaments to win Gerard and the right now I'm either not even getting involved in touraments or when I do get involved I get done, more often than not by a bad beat on the river. 

My biggest issue is that I can see them coming.

To sum the hand up I've got KK. The guy after the BB raises 3x the big blind, a couple of people fold, I go all in. Then the last person folds and the guy who raised calls. Cards turnover he's got JJ against my KK.

Flop comes and gives him absolutely no hope, no flush draw, no straight draw all low cards. The turn is another low card which again does him no good. Now we all know what the river card is and I'm left licking my wounds once again.

I accept that these beats can happen but the frequency in which they do is getting ridiculous. It's also uncanny how often these beats occur in favour of the guy with the larger stack.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Absolute joke.:
    We're all in these tournaments to win Gerard and the right now I'm either not even getting involved in touraments or when I do get involved I get done, more often than not by a bad beat on the river.  My biggest issue is that I can see them coming. To sum the hand up I've got KK. The guy after the BB raises 3x the big blind, a couple of people fold, I go all in. Then the last person folds and the guy who raised calls. Cards turnover he's got JJ against my KK. Flop comes and gives him absolutely no hope, no flush draw, no straight draw all low cards. The turn is another low card which again does him no good. Now we all know what the river card is and I'm left licking my wounds once again. I accept that these beats can happen but the frequency in which they do is getting ridiculous. It's also uncanny how often these beats occur in favour of the guy with the larger stack.
    Posted by jimm338
    No you can't.

• Options
    RLT16RLT16 Member Posts: 1,433
    edited December 2015
    We're all in these tournaments to win Gerard and the right now I'm either not even getting involved in touraments or when I do get involved I get done, more often than not by a bad beat on the river.  My biggest issue is that I can see them coming. To sum the hand up I've got KK. The guy after the BB raises 3x the big blind, a couple of people fold, I go all in. Then the last person folds and the guy who raised calls. Cards turnover he's got JJ against my KK. Flop comes and gives him absolutely no hope, no flush draw, no straight draw all low cards. The turn is another low card which again does him no good. Now we all know what the river card is and I'm left licking my wounds once again. I accept that these beats can happen but the frequency in which they do is getting ridiculous. It's also uncanny how often these beats occur in favour of the guy with the larger stack.
    Posted by jimm338
    you know that will happen 20% of the time right? get over it
  • Options
    RLT16RLT16 Member Posts: 1,433
    edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Absolute joke. : you know that will happen 20% of the time right? get over it
    Posted by RLT16
    also if you think i favours the big stacks shove first hand, when everyone folds ur chip leader, then u can shove every hand because ur the big stack and it will favour you, #easygame
  • Options
    stuarty117stuarty117 Member Posts: 1,395
    edited December 2015
    Posted by jimm338

No your not top 6 qualify so you dont have to win if its the freerolls your talking about.

Jim keep making the correct decisions and hopefully your luck will change. 
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Absolute joke. : you know that will happen 20% of the time right? get over it
    Posted by RLT16
    You think the way that hand panned out is likely to happen 20% of the time? Maths isn't your strong point then?
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Absolute joke. : You think the way that hand panned out is likely to happen 20% of the time? Maths isn't your strong point then?
    Posted by jimm338
    It doesn't matter if JJ flopped it, turned it or rivered it. The chips went in pre, you lose that hand 20% of the time.

Maths isn't your strong point then?
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Absolute joke. : No you can't.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    What would you know?
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Absolute joke. : What would you know?
    Posted by jimm338
    I know that JJ beats KK 20% of the time.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I wasn't talking about losing the hand though. I was talking about him hitting 1 of only 2 cards left in the whole pack that can win him the hand on the river. That isn't likely to happen 20% of the time.

If you watch live poker they show the percentages after every stage not just pre-flop and post flop. The chances of him winning that hand on the river were incredibly slim.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I wasn't talking about losing the hand though. I was talking about him hitting 1 of only 2 cards left in the whole pack that can win him the hand on the river. That isn't likely to happen 20% of the time. If you watch live poker they show the percentages after every stage not just pre-flop and post flop. The chances of him winning that hand on the river were incredibly slim.
    Posted by jimm338
    Why does it matter it was the river? You seem fixated on it.

The chips went in pre, he will win 20% of the time, the runout is irrelevant. There is no control over events once you click that all in button.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    The runout is not irrelevant you absolute moron, are you not understanding what I'm saying or are you just stupid? The percentage of him winning the hand changes with every stage of the hand, after the flop he's no longer 20% and even lower after the turn.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I wasn't talking about losing the hand though. I was talking about him hitting 1 of only 2 cards left in the whole pack that can win him the hand on the river. That isn't likely to happen 20% of the time. If you watch live poker they show the percentages after every stage not just pre-flop and post flop. The chances of him winning that hand on the river were incredibly slim.
    Posted by jimm338
    5%, but it really doesn't matter.

If it can happen in poker, then it can happen in poker. If you can't get your head round that then there is no hope for you in this game.

You might think that's harsh but thems the breaks.

Good luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    The runout is not irrelevant you absolute moron, are you not understanding what I'm saying or are you just stupid? The percentage of him winning the hand changes with every stage of the hand, after the flop he's no longer 20% and even lower after the turn.
    Posted by jimm338
    :)

Give the game up, it's not for you.
  • Options
    Darkangel7Darkangel7 Member Posts: 2,585
    edited December 2015
    No need to be rude, just because you've had a bad beat. Get over it and move on or as H says give it up. Tilting and being rude is not part of the game.
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 828
    edited December 2015
     Yes its annoying when you lose with the best hand, but if your going to get so annoyed as to write a forum post about it in a freeroll I don't think poker is the game for you. Very standard hand, you swap them, it gets in. Same result.
    I got 3 outered for 96 quid about 15 minutes ago but its very much part of the game.

• Options
    edited December 2015
     Yes its annoying when you lose with the best hand, but if your going to get so annoyed as to write a forum post about it in a freeroll I don't think poker is the game for you. Very standard hand, you swap them, it gets in. Same result. I got 3 outered for 96 quid about 15 minutes ago but its very much part of the game.
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    Are you an absolute moron? DID YOU NOT SEE THE RUNOUT?

;)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,119
    edited December 2015

Jimmi,

You are being given good - & perfectly correct - advice here by some very experienced players.

You may need a little help with your game, so go to our Poker clinic - HERE - & ask some questions, tell them you are struggling, & you'll get a ton of good, free, advice. If you are willing to learn, you cannot fail to improve.

And please don't abuse those who are trying to help you. That's all they are trying to do - help you - so they don't deserve abuse. 

One thing you will have to accept is that poker can be brutally unfair at times, & it goes in runs. That's the mighty beast called variance at work. Nobody is immune to variance. But if you have good technique, you can beat the game. 

Good luck.