You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

A farewell to all.

Comments

• Options
    stuarty117stuarty117 Member Posts: 1,395
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: A farewell to all.:
    In Response to Re: A farewell to all. : A lot of what i wrote was tongue in cheek, like (a player of my calibre).  Thanks for your kind words though fella. I'll miss you too.
    Posted by cowhead
    No problem fella

Good luck in the backgammon lets just hope you will be able to see your pieces
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: A farewell to all. : Correct. A shame that a downswing gets into people's minds in the strangest ways, though. What an awesome beast variance can be.   Some may remember Dave from SPT Newcastle, many years ago, when he made the Final Table & finished, I think, 8th.   The Final Table included GliterBabe (winner), the dreaded Daughter, (2nd) aka Jamie Louise Barrett ( the Daughter of the equally dreaded MOTHER), & a young lady - a really most impressive player - by the name of Rachel Costa, who finished 7th. There was one of those crash bang wallop hands, think it was The Daughter with A-K, & Rachel Costa with Aces, & the Board ran out A-Q-J-10-2, giving The Daughter an unlikely double up, & Rachel got busted. The Daughter won about £3,000 for that, & promptly ran away with a policeman. You probably think I make this stuff up, but every word is true. 
    Posted by Tikay10
    I hope that was a flush based double up, otherwise I suspect the deck was dodgy. Or your reporting of the HH is dodgy ;)

Edit....must read properly.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,651
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: A farewell to all. : I hope that was a flush based double up, otherwise I suspect the deck was dodgy. Or your reporting of the HH is dodgy ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    am i seeing it wrong set o aces against top straight if so tikay is right
  • Options
    Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: A farewell to all. : I hope that was a flush based double up, otherwise I suspect the deck was dodgy. Or your reporting of the HH is dodgy ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Does broadway not beat top set?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,196
    edited January 2016

More likely my memory was dodgy, but that was my recollection. The Daughter's straight beat Rachel's set.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Ah cr@p, I'm jetlagged and read it as AK vs AK.

As you were boys, as you were.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,651
    edited January 2016
    Ah cr@p, I'm jetlagged and read it as AK vs AK. As you were boys, as you were.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    you have a nice time in vegas you did go vegas didn,t ya
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: A farewell to all. : you have a nice time in vegas you did go vegas didn,t ya
    Posted by stokefc
    I had a lovely time, apart from when my top set was beaten by broadway. Broadway does beat top set yes? Or was I shafted?
  • Options
    pomfrittespomfrittes Member Posts: 2,981
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: A farewell to all. : I had a lovely time, apart from when my top set was beaten by broadway. Broadway does beat top set yes? Or was I shafted?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

Live poker...... rigged obv.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    In Response to A farewell to all.:
    Well, that time has come for me to say goodbye. I've had fun and good fortune at the tables here on Sky. I've been fortunate to have won both, the mini and main in my time on here. I was fortunate enough to have won a UKOP rebuy event last year too aswell as a few other notable tourneys for a nice little profit. It paid for my wedding and honeymoon in NYC. If I'm being totally honest I love the site because I love bounty hunters and I really like short handed play, but, I've just had enough. The software issues on here are a major gripe, the customer support when you report these issues just give you generic replies and don't give a chit. Even if I wanted to carry on playing here I couldn't as it seems I have been doomswitched and gone broke after I withdrew most of the roll I'd built. I did cash out almost my whole roll to go to NYC and left myself short but to lose over a 12 month period since then is a bit of a joke for someone of my calibre. I've taken my lumps though and have now switched my attention back to backgammon. I used to play as a kid and have just found out you can play online for money, so anyone waning to play just drop me a PM and we can get a game on sometime. GL and run good in future. Dave.
    Posted by cowhead

Morning Dave,

Thanks for busting me in that DYM last night. GO AWAY. ;)

PS - Sunderland are still going down, though.  ;)
  • Options
    4622946229 Member Posts: 69
    edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: A farewell to all. :   Live poker...... rigged obv.
    Posted by pomfrittes

totally agree dealers wanted to go home the other night when it was heads up dealt kk to chip leader and qq to the shortstack.
    rigged 
  • Options
    shepspaulshepspaul Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2016
    of course its rigged usual sky favs always get what they need when they need it go.s way past variance
    tt
  • Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: A farewell to all. :   Live poker...... rigged obv.
    Posted by pomfrittes
    Must admit I did get one occassion where you would have thought the dealer was helping out a table player.

I did a bet this second guy raised then a short stack goes all in, I then min reraise and see the other player go all in. Having saw this player open raise then ch the flop I knew bottom set was beaten but before I had chance to fold the dealer decided to deal the river.

I got the manager over and he was on my side stating that as long as chips were outside the ring they are still not in play therefore I could keep them
  • Options
    chiggypigchiggypig Member Posts: 235
    edited May 2016
    I actually looked into playing backgammon online for money, the problem is it's a solved game, not much action at all and you'll likely play against someone cheating
  • Options
    paige55paige55 Member Posts: 2,953
    edited May 2016

I can play crib if that is ok ,15 2 15 4 shut your mouth and say no ,my late father thought me how to play the game

• Options
    edited May 2016
    I can play crib if that is ok ,15 2 15 4 shut your mouth and say no ,my late father thought me how to play the game
    Posted by paige55
    missed the more our there sorry dad xx
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    edAnd please remove my posts if I have offended anyone and not the hole thread  thanks paige
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    just seems to happen if I post on a thread, so if you wish to delete me do so regards paige x
  • Options
    devil_teardevil_tear Member Posts: 198
    edited May 2016
    I find these posts kinda sad. You've had a downswing for 7months. Why not focus on the fact your ROI is 35% in 3,369 games?  thats decent. Thats the stats you should be focussing on. Tournament poker has soo much variance. Stay the course. Your move.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

For some inexplicable reason, this thread bumped itself yesterday, there had not been a post since early March, & it was languishing many pages back.

It then bumped itself onto Page 1, & it was AFTER that when Craig posted, & somehow the thread re-started.

For the record, the OP returned to Sky Poker some time ago, & is still playing here, happily so as far as I know. He's a Sunderland fan, so maybe life is looking up for him.

Stand by your beds, carry on, as you were, nothing to see here & all that.