You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Strike It Rich On The Cash Tables Tonight!

RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
Yes, in a rather worrying reference to Michael Barrymore, the Sky Poker marketing team have decided to call my Play The Presenter night Strike It Rich.

Yes I know they've called it that because it includes my name, yet I can't help feeling like it's as good as saying Fill Your Boots.

Basically, everyone else got really cool names like Clever Trevor and OmaHartigan.

Mine simply says: Roll up, roll up. Free money tonight. Come and play the freak!

So, here's the deal- I'm on the 10p/20p tables tonight. All evening, from 7pm till late. I will be pulling up the max every time I get felted and playing on two tables at once. I'll also be moving around. To spread the wealth, so to speak.

So- think you have what it takes to prise my 'not-very-hard earned money' away from me?

Bring it on.

I warn you though, I'm on fire at the mo. I came 4th in a 1400 runner event yesterday and won the princely sum of £25. (Why, WHY was it a freeroll? A £100 buy-in and I would have been minted!!!!)

Anyway, on with the show. Strike It Rich, indeed. Pffft!

PS- If you're not playing 10p/20p cash tonight, please feel free to drop by and keep me company. It could be a long night...especially for Sky Poker's accountants. Who I expect will be watching my tables from behind the sofa...

Comments

• Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited February 2010

Can I just make it quite clear that I will not be attending your party after this event....

• Options
    MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited February 2010
    I might dive in and join you later.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Strike It Rich On The Cash Tables Tonight!:
    I might dive in and join you later.
    Posted by Machka
    NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It's a large pool.

Prize pool, that is.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Right- 7pm . And I've sat down at a 10 seater 10p/20p cash table.

It's Stanraer and it's filling up fast with a good bunch of people all up for some banter.

Alternatively - put RICHORFORD into the Find A Player feature to locate the table.

:)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,222
    edited February 2010

Busto yet, Rich?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In a shock turn of events- I've turned £20 in £35 in less than 5 minutes!

Of course it did help that I was dealt pocket Kings on the very first hand, which blossomed into a set on the turn, and bloomed into a full-house on the river, whilst my opponent most thoughtfully and generously re-raised me all-in.

Easy game this, isn't it? ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well, it's busy on the table tonight- having a great chat with lots of regulars and some new folk too.

And still in profit. Just. £5 up at time of writing.

Gonna open another 10-seater in a moment...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well, it's busy on the table tonight- having a great chat with lots of regulars and some new folk too. And still in profit. Just. £5 up at time of writing. Gonna open another 10-seater in a moment...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Hang in there Rich! Only 4 hours to go.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Brechin- 10 seater 10p/20p!

See you there!
  • Options
    FlutNushFlutNush Member Posts: 371
    edited February 2010
    It's a blood bath. Stay away.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It's a blood bath. Stay away.
    Posted by FlutNush
    Richard translates:-

"I've lost loads of money. Help me please..."
  • Options
    TRIP5TRIP5 Member Posts: 3,618
    edited February 2010
    lol...no update for a while so i expect Lord Orf may be experiencing serious carnage out there!!!

x
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    lol...no update for a while so i expect Lord Orf may be experiencing serious carnage out there!!! x
    Posted by TRIP5

Holding 'steady' Irene.

Now a whopping £4 up across two tables...in total.
  • Options
    FlutNushFlutNush Member Posts: 371
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Strike It Rich On The Cash Tables Tonight! : Holding 'steady' Irene. Now a whopping £4 up across two tables...in total.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Don't let it change you Rich; nobody likes a Smarty-Big-Potatoes. I should know ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    OK- we're reached the half-time interval. And whilst I jump in the communal bath and hope I've got the girls dressing room I can now report that, having started with £20 on two tables, I finished the session with £31.24 on one table and £13.33 on the other.

Giving me a total Family Fortune of.... £4.57.

That gets me a latte and a muffin. Not exactly world-beating, is it? 

And it doesn't even get me that, coz the money belongs to Sky and is not mine to keep.

On the bright side, I didn't lose anything. So, coupled with my TKO 4th place yesterday, you could say I've hit a rich vein of form here...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Had a good hour on the table with y'all & enjoyed it a lot! Need to get grub now though so it's the hideous decision of ... which takeaway to order.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ok- 2nd half whistle has blown.
    No action in the communal bath. Fair enough. Why would anyone strip off at half-time? Made a basic miscalculation there...

Anyway, on with the game.

Now sat at the Brooklands 10p/20p cash table- armed and dangerous with £20 and waiting to take on all-comers.

Bring.

It.

On.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    edited February 2010
     And I think your 4th place last night just tipped the result in our favour because it was so 'tikay' close...

:))))
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Rich - I just missed a call from you, & your 'phone is not responding. Bell me back, please. Or come to the FINAL TABLE of the 7.30 Deepie where I am playing. ;)