You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Being called a station

2»

Comments

• Options
    STEVEMAXSTEVEMAX Member Posts: 489
    edited February 2010
     I find people only start calling you names when they:-
             Lose

• Options
    ChirpyChipChirpyChip Member Posts: 556
    edited February 2010
    re raise pre flop... that was 1st error in the hand.... then re raise flop bet.... see where you are.... otherwise nice hit lol
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited February 2010
    Well, I didnt expect this thread to get this much interest.

First of all, I`d like to say, I didnt post this, so ppl would have a go at the name caller or w/e as I hid his id.  Also, I knew this was a decent player, so it did make me stand up and take note.  I
    I had to get views as Ive been called a donk before on other occasions when I may have 4bet someone all in pre with KK and they show AA, only for me to hit a King and stack them.

Obv this is tilt talkin most of the time, so was wondering if this was also.

In hindsight, it was pretty bad play by me, i admit, and there seems to be quite a bit of good advice in this thread.

What I`m saying is, it wasnt offensive being called stuff, and I actually prefer it as it can plug leaks etc in the future.
    If nothing was mentioned in the chat, I wouldnt have posted anything here, and would not have had the oppurtunities to read all of the advice.
    I`d had quite a few beers, which is no excuse, but I wudda just forgotten about the hand.

fwiw jimifloyd, this play was pretty out of character for me and i`d prob do it 1 time in 100 if that.

Anyway, I made it up to you a few hands later on another table when you stacked me with your flopped set vs my AA. ;-)

gl
  • Options
    offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 1,049
    edited February 2010
    i think you played the hand fine and dont agree with the vast majority of advice in this thread. Everytime someone double barrells do we just assume they have top pair?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,219
    edited February 2010

Just remember one thing OMrO O'MahoneyO.

You NEVER get called a station, or anything else, when you LOSE the hand. Only when you win.

And if you ARE a station, & hit now & then, well that's your perfect right, as it's your money you are playing with. 

Imagine that both hands were face up after the Turn. Your Oppo would be more than happy to take his chance if you call, as he is a monsta favourite.

• Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited February 2010
    Knowing villain I think its a fold turn.

Against some regs at 20nl tho I think a call is fine tho.

• Options
    jimifloydjimifloyd Member Posts: 148
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Being called a station:
    Well, I didnt expect this thread to get this much interest. First of all, I`d like to say, I didnt post this, so ppl would have a go at the name caller or w/e as I hid his id.  Also, I knew this was a decent player, so it did make me stand up and take note.  I I had to get views as Ive been called a donk before on other occasions when I may have 4bet someone all in pre with KK and they show AA, only for me to hit a King and stack them. Obv this is tilt talkin most of the time, so was wondering if this was also. In hindsight, it was pretty bad play by me, i admit, and there seems to be quite a bit of good advice in this thread. What I`m saying is, it wasnt offensive being called stuff, and I actually prefer it as it can plug leaks etc in the future. If nothing was mentioned in the chat, I wouldnt have posted anything here, and would not have had the oppurtunities to read all of the advice. I`d had quite a few beers, which is no excuse, but I wudda just forgotten about the hand. fwiw jimifloyd, this play was pretty out of character for me and i`d prob do it 1 time in 100 if that. Anyway, I made it up to you a few hands later on another table when you stacked me with your flopped set vs my AA. ;-) gl
    Posted by OMahonyO
    No hard feelings m8 just heat of the moment.

As for Offshoot lets assume that no one has anything from any position,lets not put them on a range,let us not reraise to find out where we are at, just play our own cards and calll everything thats poker.

• Options
    offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 1,049
    edited February 2010
    fwiw i think you checking river is worse than him calling the turn.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to ...:
    fwiw i think you checking river is worse than him calling the turn.
    Posted by offshoot
    Like im gonna get him off 3 barrelling lol.
    I thought i was behind on the river and as you see i was.
    You wouldda got him off a set right lmao.

Fwiw who are you.
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited February 2010
    let us not reraise to find out where we are at
    Posted by jimifloyd

This a million times.

Also AKcc shoulda bet river :) 
    And how long to photos take to approve mine was well funny at the time!
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re:...:
    In Response to ... : Like im gonna get him off 3 barrelling lol. I thought i was behind on the river and as you see i was. You wouldda got him off a set right lmao. Fwiw who are you.
    Posted by jimifloyd

how did you think you were behind by the river? what are you talking about? you'd bet the third time in this hand for value not to 'move him off something' or to 'move him off the set I know he rivered now i've lost the hand'

What a load of tosh!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Being called a station : This a million times. Also AKcc shoulda bet river :)  And how long to photos take to approve mine was well funny at the time!
    Posted by beaneh
    Poker is a game that is constantly evolving there is no set patterns or play otherwise we could all be read like a book.

If i folded the river like i was contemplating it woulda been a great lay as there is no way he is folding a set.

Poker is about great lays aswell money saved is money gained.

No one can get away from a set, not even negraneu i told you i only called the river as i had been 3 outered i called to see if my suspictions were right.
  • Options
    Ms_ChipsMs_Chips Member Posts: 256
    edited February 2010
    re raise pre flop... that was 1st error in the hand.... then re raise flop bet.... see where you are.... otherwise nice hit lol
    Posted by ChirpyChip
    Good luck 3betting a tight UTG opener, this is throwing money into an ignited fire without committing yourself to the hand.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i think you played the hand fine and dont agree with the vast majority of advice in this thread. Everytime someone double barrells do we just assume they have top pair?
    Posted by offshoot
    Isn't this why a reraise on the flop may have helped. Not a board to be floating in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Just remember one thing OMrO O'MahoneyO. You NEVER get called a station, or anything else, when you LOSE the hand. Only when you win. And if you ARE a station, & hit now & then, well that's your perfect right, as it's your money you are playing with.  Imagine that both hands were face up after the Turn. Your Oppo would be more than happy to take his chance if you call, as he is a monsta favourite.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    All my post are always edited yet i never swear hmmmmmmmm.

On the contrary tikay they do get called stations still in my notes.

On many websites they say the standard of play on sky is shocking and if you dont belive it watch the live shows and thats a quote from 1 of em by the way.

You always encourage people to play badly tikay all the time it gets boring.
    The guy said hes been sinking the ales tell him to get on the whiskey aswell.
    Have the courage to tell it like it is tikay instead of siding with the donks all the time and that isn't a dig at you omahonyo.I dont mind what anyone thinks of me but ffs stop encouraging bad play its all the time.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Being called a station : All my post are always edited yet i never swear hmmmmmmmm. On the contrary tikay they do get called stations still in my notes. On many websites they say the standard of play on sky is shocking and if you dont belive it watch the live shows and thats a quote from 1 of em by the way. You always encourage people to play badly tikay all the time it gets boring. The guy said hes been sinking the ales tell him to get on the whiskey aswell. Have the courage to tell it like it is tikay instead of siding with the donks all the time and that isn't a dig at you omahonyo.I dont mind what anyone thinks of me but ffs stop encouraging bad play its all the time.
    Posted by jimifloyd
    Oh sorry we didn't know you wanted to improve the players that in the long run made you profit.

Being a calling station is every bit as bad as having a huge ego at the tables let it go.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Being called a station : Oh sorry we didn't know you wanted to improve the players that in the long run made you profit. Being a calling station is every bit as bad as having a huge ego at the tables let it go.
    Posted by Ms_Chips
    So you wanna defend bad play over good play?

Calling someone a station means you have an ego?

I dont proclaim to be the best,by the way i never started the post.

Like the way you say 'we' does that mean you speak for everybody lol,thats an ego if ever i saw 1.

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,219
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Being called a station : All my post are always edited yet i never swear hmmmmmmmm. On the contrary tikay they do get called stations still in my notes. On many websites they say the standard of play on sky is shocking and if you dont belive it watch the live shows and thats a quote from 1 of em by the way. You always encourage people to play badly tikay all the time it gets boring. The guy said hes been sinking the ales tell him to get on the whiskey aswell. Have the courage to tell it like it is tikay instead of siding with the donks all the time and that isn't a dig at you omahonyo.I dont mind what anyone thinks of me but ffs stop encouraging bad play its all the time.
    Posted by jimifloyd
    Good morning.

The comment about your Posts being Edited has whooshed me, I'm afraid.

Defending bad play? I have not commented on the play in this thread, ever, at all, not once. I simply quoted a truism - that players never get on the end of "remarks" when they lose - only when they win. I never sided with either of you, & I've never - in my entire poker life - described any player as a "donk". Why would I feel the need to be so rude, get so personal?

"On many websites they say the standard of play on Sky Poker is shocking"?

Yes, they do say that. I saw it on my "own" Forum earlier this week. Two guys were dissing Sky Poker, it's players, & the poker strategy board here. "Lol, they are so stupid, such idiots, all hopeless, just lol at them" was the implication, & I see a lot of that. I never reply, you can't argue with prejudice or stupidity, & these guys are not brave enough to swim against the tide of ill-informed opinion.

But it does beg the question, which if you ask them, they swerve with alacrity.

If the play on Sky Poker is so bad.......& those guys are so good......why don't those guys spend all their time playing here, & making a fortune?

Nobody has ever answered that question satisfactorily, & they never will.

EVERY Online Room has it's quota of very bad, & very good, players. Sky Poker is no different. But I'm never gonna say "they play SO bad on such & such a site", because some bright spark might just say to me "well why don't you play here then?".......

Anyway, I hope you have a good - & winning - weekend.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Being called a station : Good morning. The comment about your Posts being Edited has whooshed me, I'm afraid. Defending bad play? I have not commented on the play in this thread, ever, at all, not once. I simply quoted a truism - that players never get on the end of "remarks" when they lose - only when they win. I never sided with either of you, & I've never - in my entire poker life - described any player as a "donk". Why would I feel the need to be so rude, get so personal? "On many websites they say the standard of play on Sky Poker is shocking"? Yes, they do say that. I saw it on my "own" Forum earlier this week. Two guys were dissing Sky Poker, it's players, & the poker strategy board here. "Lol, they are so stupid, such idiots, all hopeless, just lol at them" was the implication, & I see a lot of that. I never reply, you can't argue with prejudice or stupidity, & these guys are not brave enough to swim against the tide of ill-informed opinion. But it does beg the question, which if you ask them, they swerve with alacrity. If the play on Sky Poker is so bad.......& those guys are so good......why don't those guys spend all their time playing here, & making a fortune? Nobody has ever answered that question satisfactorily, & they never will. EVERY Online Room has it's quota of very bad, & very good, players. Sky Poker is no different. But I'm never gonna say "they play SO bad on such & such a site", because some bright spark might just say to me "well why don't you play here then?"....... Anyway, I hope you have a good - & winning - weekend.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Are you serious when they lose they get it just as bad and thats by everyone how can you call with nothing you donk ect,ect.

To be fair i never asked for a response off you.Save your quotes and advice for your favourites everybody sees it except you.

As for me wanting the bad players to get better  ms chips i never said that.
    Go an have a go at "most" not all of the higher stakes cash players who never posted in the forum until they found out total player was a forum vote.There all replying to all the small stakes players now who want to learn bit of a farce really.

Good luck to use's and have a profitable weekend.