You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Starting from £0.00 as off 11/2/10,trying for £150 in 60 days but need proper freerolls to

KidPoker3KidPoker3 Member Posts: 35
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat

Sky,are you having any proper freerolls anytime soon? 

I am going to start at £0.00 and attempt to get to £150 in 60 days and i need sky poker to put some normal- not satelites(?)- freerolls on so i may commence this epic battle,look out for me at the tables,

thanks,Liam

Comments

• Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited February 2010
    doubt this will happen so maybe deposit £5 and start from there?
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited February 2010
    no chance
  • Options
    AIRWALKERAIRWALKER Member Posts: 680
    edited February 2010
    I think sky have got a stolen 56p kicking about somewhere in a high interest account due to a right fiasco so they might use that.

1st  25p
    2nd 15p
    3rd  8p
    4th  5p
    5th  3p

All you have to do is win this one and Roberts yer dads brother. simples grrreeeach.  lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    thanks for the support guys,fantastic community on here isnt there,id heard great things about the forum thats why i joined up here,

hope you dont speak for most of the forum
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    air walker,whats all that about?? LOL
  • Options
    donkeyplopdonkeyplop Member Posts: 3,795
    edited February 2010
    dont they still do the twitter freeroll??

like blackfish said you will be better off putting a small amount in to start with then play something like low stakes double your money games. or low buy in tournements.

that way even if you just deposit a few pounds you will have a better chance of building your bank roll.

i managed it from starting with £5 and built it up to over £100.

good luck..
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited February 2010
    Start with £20ish and use freerolls and free comp entries to help your roll. Good luck, but even if you win the normal freerolls you only get a fiver or so.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Starting from £0.00 as off 11/2/10,trying for £150 in 60 days but need proper freerolls to start my bankroll off?:
    air walker,whats all that about?? LOL
    Posted by KidPoker3

The great snowball fiasco where sky put up loads o money for a tournament and had the odd 56p left and someone started a thread complaining about it or summat.

Thought it was funny, obviously not lol.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    oh yeh sorry airwalker was miles away,could i also direct everyone to my other thread regarding writing a paragraph following on from the last post,please visit it,thanks
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    hi grimstar,thanks for the post,i do have a bankroll on other sites but i just wanted to try and start at £0.00 and get to a specific amount with a single deposit,heres hoping
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    P.S   Roberts your dads brother means bobs your uncle and simples is the meerkat off the adverts.

Sorry for not being serious m8. I thought you were joking in the first place lol.
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Starting from £0.00 as off 11/2/10,trying for £150 in 60 days but need proper freerolls to start my bankroll off?:
    hi grimstar,thanks for the post,i do have a bankroll on other sites but i just wanted to try and start at £0.00 and get to a specific amount with a single deposit,heres hoping
    Posted by KidPoker3
    you should have entry to the new members freeroll... i think icashed for about £30 on that one. Id aim to grind about £3 for free. then sit on the 30p DYM tables until you get to about £6-£10 then move up to 60p tables... buying in for 5% etc each time.

My poker career on here - deposited (ever) about £35 on sky and made overall about £250. When I was up to about 120 I took out 100 left 20 in, and now about £135+ roll. But this roll is not being touched for a very very long time lol
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Starting from £0.00 as off 11/2/10,trying for £150 in 60 days but need proper freerolls to start my bankroll off?:
    Sky,are you having any proper freerolls anytime soon?  I am going to start at £0.00 and attempt to get to £150 in 60 days and i need sky poker to put some normal- not satelites(?)- freerolls on so i may commence this epic battle,look out for me at the tables, thanks,Liam
    Posted by KidPoker3
    Try the Supersix on Saturday @2pm, £250 prize pool.
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited February 2010
    Posted by KidPoker3
    a blind,deaf , dumb , one legged , one armed ,

man would not touch  this deal,

you having a laugh aint yea ?
  • Options
    IAMALLIN2IAMALLIN2 Member Posts: 561
    edited February 2010
    Hi Kid
    I am on day 41 of my own challenge on a different poker site
    My challenge was to get to $1000 in 60 days starting with no money

Took 3 days of freerolls to get to $13.80, i then started playing single table 2/4 cent and after day 5 had grinded up to $32
    I stayed on the 2/4 cent but now played 3 tables and after day 10 had $98, moved up to playing 2 x 5/10 and after day 17 had moved up to $235
    Moved up to 10/25 x 2 which i stayed on for another 10 days and then had $673 so 27 days to get to there, moved up again to 2 x 25/50 and after day 31 got up to $840 but then had a bad run of bad beats and lost 3 pull ups
    Had a couple of days rest and went back and got back my pull ups plus $50 and that is where i stand now
    $890
    Hopefully i will complete by Sunday, will grind the 25/50 and not move up

Good luck with your challenge
    Gary
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    thanks people appreciate alot of the feedback iamallin nice going, hops to see you all at the tables
  • Options
    dingdong24dingdong24 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Starting from £0.00 as off 11/2/10,trying for £150 in 60 days but need proper freerolls to start my bankroll off?:
    Sky,are you having any proper freerolls anytime soon?  I am going to start at £0.00 and attempt to get to £150 in 60 days and i need sky poker to put some normal- not satelites(?)- freerolls on so i may commence this epic battle,look out for me at the tables, thanks,Liam
    Posted by KidPoker3
    it is possible building a bankroll on this site from nothing. When you join sky poker they credit your account with £1 free if you use bonus code POKER150. You can also gain another £1 by entering VEGAS150. (bonus is credited within 72hrs)

The bonuses must be stake once over to be withdrawn . So i believe you will have to play one of the £1 on sky vegas before using it on poker. But this is simple just play low stake black jack doubling up every time you lose till youve bet £1. 

HOPE THIS HELPS AND GOOD LUCK

• Options
    big_mick12big_mick12 Member Posts: 210
    edited February 2010
    Why dont you just move like 5% of you roll from your other site just to get the ball rolling.....
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited February 2010
    jezzus am i missing something here !!

what rake would us paying punters have to pay ,

if every tom d ick and harry was to play the no deposit game ,

get real and put some cash where your ego is plzzzzzz !!

rover and out !!
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited February 2010
    j ezzus am i missing something here !! what rake would us paying punters have to pay , if every tom d ick and harry was to play the no deposit game , get real and put some cash where your ego is plzzzzzz !! rover and out !!
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    yea but then if he made money he would pay rake on the profit.