You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

MASTERCASH- TONIGHT'S LIVE SHOW THREAD

13»

Comments

• Options
    MBroughtonMBroughton Member Posts: 101
    edited February 2010
    Hi all

My laptop just crashed so I thought i'd take that as a hint to take a break and say hello.

Firstly, enjoy this:
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    MBroughton Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £50.05
    nicoll03 Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £21.03
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

jules134 Fold     
    rosjim1 Raise  £1.20 £1.65 £7.65
    spurs568 Call  £1.20 £2.85 £10.80
    toffee80 Fold     
    MBroughton Raise  £6.00 £8.85 £44.05
    nicoll03 All-in  £21.03 £29.88 £0.00
    rosjim1 All-in  £7.65 £37.53 £0.00
    spurs568 Fold     
    MBroughton Raise  £30.36 £67.89 £13.69
    MBroughton Unmatched bet  £15.18 £52.71 £28.87
    MBroughton Show
    • A
    • A

nicoll03 Show
    • A
    • J

rosjim1 Show
    • Q
    • Q

Flop

Turn

River

MBroughton Win Two Pairs, Aces and 5s £50.91  £79.78
    Don't you just love it when you get AA and everyone shoves all-in pre-flop! On a more serious notes, kudos to Nic and Rosjim for taking it on the chin with a gentlemanly "nh" - i know plenty more who would have had 'slightly more' to say!

Been a good night so far. Managed to play on the televised table for a while. Was nice to have Rich and TK see some of my hands, and TK - it must be said - provided some excellent analysis. I also think we are now 'going steady' as people of his generation would say.

Early doors was a little frustrating as I managed to get all-in AQ (me) vs Q9 (diggerjoy) on a Q-high flop only to see a 9 on the river :(

Followed that up with a two-pair shove on the flop against a flush draw who hit runner-runner for a backdoor straight, which was nice... (diggerjoy once again the culprit).

Anyway, I was v happy with my play, doubled-up on another table with a house over house coup, and then went into the 6k GTD in good spirits. Was cruising in the top 3rd of the field after about an hour, but had a nasty AQ crack my 88 with a runner-runner straight (again!)

However, if you remember the hand history I started this post with you'll know I can hardly complain about my luck!

Jules was good fun on the 15p/30p tables, and thanks to HughJ for the heads-up at the start of the night - was fun!

Ok - back to it. Gonna multi-table the 25p/50p for an hour and see what I can spin up!

Happy hunting!

Matt
  • Options
    MBroughtonMBroughton Member Posts: 101
    edited February 2010

Me again!

You'll like this one!

SHADES Small blind  £0.20 £0.20 £28.59
    MBroughton Big blind  £0.40 £0.60 £53.92
      Your hole cards

clintpkr Fold     
    TheEdge777 Call  £0.40 £1.00 £30.49
    spitfire10 Fold     
    dylan12 Fold     
    SHADES Fold     
    MBroughton Raise  £1.20 £2.20 £52.72
    TheEdge777 Call  £1.20 £3.40 £29.29
    Flop

MBroughton Bet  £2.00 £5.40 £50.72
    TheEdge777 Call  £2.00 £7.40 £27.29
    Turn

• K

MBroughton Bet  £10.00 £17.40 £40.72
    TheEdge777 Call  £10.00 £27.40 £17.29
    River

MBroughton Bet  £18.00 £45.40 £22.72
    TheEdge777 All-in  £17.29 £62.69 £0.00
    MBroughton Unmatched bet  £0.71 £61.98 £23.43
    MBroughton Show

TheEdge777 Show

TheEdge777 Win Straight to the 9 £60.18  £60.18
    Gratz to Edge - a new player on the site who made a pretty penny out of my trip 9s! ARG!

Luckily I managed to pick up the next hand (which helped somewhat!)
    MBroughton Small blind  £0.20 £0.20 £23.23
    clintpkr Big blind  £0.40 £0.60 £34.80
      Your hole cards

TheEdge777 Fold     
    spitfire10 Raise  £1.20 £1.80 £26.46
    dylan12 Fold     
    SHADES Call  £1.20 £3.00 £27.39
    MBroughton Call  £1.00 £4.00 £22.23
    clintpkr Call  £0.80 £4.80 £34.00
    Flop

MBroughton Check     
    clintpkr Check     
    spitfire10 Check     
    SHADES Check     
    Turn

MBroughton Bet  £4.00 £8.80 £18.23
    clintpkr Call  £4.00 £12.80 £30.00
    spitfire10 Fold     
    SHADES Fold     
    River

MBroughton Bet  £10.00 £22.80 £8.23
    clintpkr Raise  £20.00 £42.80 £10.00
    MBroughton All-in  £8.23 £51.03 £0.00
    clintpkr Unmatched bet  £1.77 £49.26 £11.77
    MBroughton Show

clintpkr Show
    • Q

MBroughton Win Full House, 7s and 8s £47.46  £47.46
    (Oh, and the next hand I got AA, but don't tell anyone - I don't want them thinking I am a luckbox!)

Was LOTS of fun tonight. I've not done a PTP shift in months so was nice to just sit and play with everyone after the stress of TP mentoring. Cheers to Lozza, Spitfire10, The Edge777 and Clintpkr for making the 20/40 lots of fun.

Special mention to cowgomoo who played against me on the 25/50 table. When I left i kept the table open on my screen and after 5 mins he sat out saying "I only came for Matt's money" BUSTED!

Good fun all - thanks again.

Happy hunting

Matt B

PS Oh, and yes I made profit tonight.
    PPS Yes, I DO run good ^__^
  • Options
    ChirpyChipChirpyChip Member Posts: 556
    edited February 2010
    Mr Broughton... you are a serial LUCKBOX lol :0
  • Options
    RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: MASTERCASH- TONIGHT'S LIVE SHOW THREAD:
    All suggestions will be read out on the show tonight! ^^^^^^^ Not really true MR Orford!!  ^^^^^^^^ Well done Machka BTW
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Yes, sorry Alan, saying I read ALL suggestions is not entirely true as occasionally some messages slip through the net and get lost in the 'sophisticated' process of being printed off in the studio gallery and brought on to the studio floor! 

And sometimes the messages arrive too late for me to be able to get into the show.

I do however, endeavour to read them all.

In your particular case, I didn't read your caption out because it didn't mean anything to anyone who hadn't seen Ross' videos. It was a nice suggestion but worked better on this thread as read by the forum regulars rather than read out on the show in front of all the other viewers who don't regularly use the forum and who would therefore be alienated by an 'in-joke'.

Hope that makes sense! Thanks for entering it though mate!
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: MASTERCASH- TONIGHT'S LIVE SHOW THREAD : Yes, sorry Alan, saying I read ALL suggestions is not entirely true as occasionally some messages slip through the net and get lost in the 'sophisticated' process of being printed off in the studio gallery and brought on to the studio floor!  And sometimes the messages arrive too late for me to be able to get into the show.  I do however, endeavour to read them all. In your particular case, I didn't read it one out because it didn't mean anything to anyone who hadn't seen Ross' videos. It was a nice suggestion but worked better on this thread as read by the forum regulars rather than read out on the show in front of the all the other viewers who don't regularly use the forum and who would therefore be alienated by an 'in-joke'. Hoped that makes sense! Thanks for entering it though mate!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Fair enough, thanks for your answer.
  • Options
    IAMALLIN2IAMALLIN2 Member Posts: 561
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: MASTERCASH- TONIGHT'S LIVE SHOW THREAD : Yes, sorry Alan, saying I read ALL suggestions is not entirely true as occasionally some messages slip through the net and get lost in the 'sophisticated' process of being printed off in the studio gallery and brought on to the studio floor!  And sometimes the messages arrive too late for me to be able to get into the show.  I do however, endeavour to read them all. In your particular case, I didn't read your caption out because it didn't mean anything to anyone who hadn't seen Ross' videos. It was a nice suggestion but worked better on this thread as read by the forum regulars rather than read out on the show in front of all the other viewers who don't regularly use the forum and who would therefore be alienated by an 'in-joke'. Hope that makes sense! Thanks for entering it though mate!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Hi Rich
    Your lucky Alan a freak gust of wind caught mine and is currently somewhere over France
    LOL

• Options
    RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: MASTERCASH- TONIGHT'S LIVE SHOW THREAD : Hi Rich Your lucky Alan a freak gust of wind caught mine and is currently somewhere over France LOL
    Posted by IAMALLIN2

Aha, that's where your wrong matey! 

I read that one out. Check the repeats!

:)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: MASTERCASH- TONIGHT'S LIVE SHOW THREAD : Aha, that's where your wrong matey!  I read that one out. Check the repeats! :)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    So will mine be in the repeat now  then?....:) :)
  • Options
    MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited February 2010
    Are the shows repeated?
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited February 2010
    does this mean macka will win another prize tonight,

in a groundhog night kind of way ?
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited February 2010
    does this mean macka will win another prize tonight, in a groundhog night kind of way ?
    Posted by IRISHROVER

does this mean macka will win another prize tonight, in a groundhog night kind of way ?
  • Options
    edited February 2010

So will mine be in the repeat now  then?....:) :)
  • Options
    IAMALLIN2IAMALLIN2 Member Posts: 561
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: MASTERCASH- TONIGHT'S LIVE SHOW THREAD : Aha, that's where your wrong matey!  I read that one out. Check the repeats! :)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Hi Rich

Just meant to be a crack about the air mail service, did see you read it out
    LOL