You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

£100 WSOP 2011 Challenge anyone?

dylan12dylan12 Member Posts: 2,343
edited March 2010 in Poker Chat

Anyone interested in taking part in a challenge to spin £100 into enough money in order to enter the WSOP Main Event next year? Wanted to set a goal that will make grinding the tables worth it!! Can make it that the £100 BR is used between certain times of the evening/day etc, i dunno, it's all open to discussion, will hopefully start it next week, therefore any takers then please write down your opinions etc so that we can get some rules in place etc!! Cheers

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited February 2010

Haha! - I love your optimism matey - a ton into ten grand!!!

This was an idea devised between us on msn last night, following my huge blow up, in tp on monday.  NEED TO FIND SOME DISCIPLINE!!

Its the same when I playing on my personal account, every-time I get into a comfort zone,  blow up, and fall backwards n backwards, until my account balance is looking thin again.

To avoid my super human tp tilt carrying over to my own account, this is something Im gonna take on, get 'grind on the mind' - focus the mind, and mae some money hopefully (although $10k) is abit ambitious.

Im onna keep a record of my progress on this thread, as I will be grinding the roll up through the day, start/finish times, and profit/loss - then at night I play mostly tournys, Dstack/primo etc, which will be entered with other money, hard to tilt off a fortune when theres a buy in :).

Looking forward to it - £5 DYM here I come! - edit thats HU DYM ;)
    (how long do u give me till I'm bak at NL100? - answers in number of beers please, not hours! lol )

DOHH

• Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah mate, the challenge is ambitious but hey, hopefully will have fun doing it and the more that take part the more your going to want to do well!! I agree we need two different BR, will be nice to have a blow out now and again and also good idea to keep times and profit/loss on this site to keep track of the progress!!

Any other takers out there, come on you know you wanna lol!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I reckon blackfish should take it - but he would probably grind his BR p to £130 then withdraw and go bak to £3 dym's coz hes a wimppppppppp ;)
  • Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: £100 WSOP 2011 Challenge anyone?:
    Yeah mate, the challenge is ambitious but hey, hopefully will have fun doing it and the more that take part the more your going to want to do well!! I agree we need two different BR, will be nice to have a blow out now and again and also good idea to keep times and profit/loss on this site to keep track of the progress!! Any other takers out there, come on you know you wanna lol!!
    Posted by dylan12
    Here's a suggestion you may want to consider. Why not say that all the other players who join the challenge will make up the difference with their winnings if the leading money winner is short of £10,000?
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited February 2010
    Its the same when I playing on my personal account, every-time I get into a comfort zone,  blow up, and fall backwards n backwards, until my account balance is looking thin again.

Solution: Only keep 10 or so BIs in your account at anyone time.  Just withdraw whenever you are over that figure.  It helped me when I had the same issues.
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited February 2010

rover is considering it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

i keep a eye on the ground rules / times .

• Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: £100 WSOP 2011 Challenge anyone? : Here's a suggestion you may want to consider. Why not say that all the other players who join the challenge will make up the difference with their winnings if the leading money winner is short of £10,000?
    Posted by Seagull158
    Hey mate, I get what your saying, imo, as dohhhhhhhh said - this is an ambitious challenge, hopefully everyone makes it but if they don't then so be it - at least they should have shown a great profit from it. The whole purpose of this is to get people to focus on their game and for dohhhhhhh it will hopefully make him focus more with a challenge in mind!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
         rover is considering it !!!!!!!!!!!!!     i keep a eye on the ground rules / times .        
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Rover is in I hope!!

This is not a competition to see who can make the most monry etc, it's all a bit of fun and it is somethin that will focus everyone taking part in order to achieve the goal of reaching the WSOP next year - as I have said previously this is an ambitious challenge maybe but how great would it be for several of sky poker players take up this challenge and go over to Las Vegas to represent the site, for those that don't quite make it, then fair enough, I am sure the profit they make from this, hopefully, will keep them happy.

As for the rules, there aren't any really, all you need to do is play within your £100 BR and note on the thresd your profit/loss - dohhhhhhh has allready started the challenge and is currently playing a £5HU match. If you would rather have specific hours of play then fine but mainly this is about helping each other meet our goal of reaching the WSOP!!

Im rambling I know - but please take part in this rover - would be great for the community i reckon!! 
  • Options
    dantb10dantb10 Member Posts: 583
    edited February 2010
    I dont know if this has been mentioned above, but the main event is $10,000 not £10,000, so u only actually need to turn it in to £6,000 odd??

Result!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This would be a great thing to get going!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010

And I'm already a 5r up! this thing's too easy can ya make it harder?????? lol

I think too much emphasis has gone on the WSOP thing here -but nothing wrong with abit of ambition I guess!

DOHH
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited February 2010
    I dont know if this has been mentioned above, but the main event is $10,000 not £10,000, so u only actually need to turn it in to £6,000 odd?? Result!!
    Posted by dantb10

You've still gotta fly out there and pay for accommodation and eating and stuff!
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I dont know if this has been mentioned above, but the main event is $10,000 not £10,000, so u only actually need to turn it in to £6,000 odd?? Result!!
    Posted by dantb10
    Hey Dan

You in?
    The 10K figure came because of the extra costs such as flights, accomodation etc

But your right it is only around 6K

Just think it would be great to see how many from this Sky Community can make it and it would mean everoe could travel together etc, taking the community out of the forum and into Las Vegas - they won't know what's hit em!!

• Options
    edited February 2010
    oh yer, i 4got about that!

Cant i swim and take a packed lunch?
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited February 2010
    It's a great idea, I'm in once I can scrape £100 together. If not, then I'll try and aim for the lower buy in WSOP events (is there a $5 freezeout on the schedule?).
  • Options
    KevilfishKevilfish Member Posts: 354
    edited February 2010
    $10,000 = £6,500

DYM would probably be the way to go.

Play 10 per day for about 125 days (end of June).

You will need to aim for a success rate of 80% = 8 wins per day. At the £110 DYM level, that means you would win £500 per day (8 x £200) - (10 x £110). This would take 13 days of playing at that level.

Obviously you cannot START at £110 DYM's, the BR I'd say you need for this is ideally 50 buyins to move up to the next level which means you need £5500, however if you're aiming for this years WSOP-ME, 20 would probably be the better option = £2200.

The next level down is £55, if you have the same success rate as above (80%), 10 DYM's per day = £250 profit, this would take 9 days to reach the £2200 BR to play the next level up.
    To play the £55 DYM level, you need a BR of £1100.

The next level down is £44, 80% success at this level, 10 DYM's per day means £200 profit per day which means it will take 5.5 (say 6) days to move up a level.

The next down is £33, 80% x 10 per day = £150 ppd = 5.87 (6) days to move up to the next level.

£22, 80% x 10 pd = £100 ppd = 6.6 (7) days to move up a level.

£16.50, 80% x 10 pd = £75 ppd = 5.87 (6) days to move up.

£11, 80% x 10 pd = £50 ppd = 6.6 (7) days to move up.

£5.50, 80% x 10 pd = £25 ppd = 8.8 (9) days to move up.

BR required to play £5.50 level is £110 so you'll have to start with the £3.30 level, if you have an 80% success rate, you'll move up in 1 day of playing 10 per day.

CONCLUSION:

£3.30 up to £110 (1)
    £5.50 up to £220 (9)
    £11 up to £330 (7)
    £16.50 up to £440 (6)
    £22 up to £660 (7)
    £33 up to £880 (6)
    £44 up to £1,100 (6)
    £55 up to £2,200 (9)
    £110 up to £6,500 - (13)
    VEGAS in potentially 64 days.

*£5.50 up to £220 (9) - means play level £5.50 DYM until your bankroll grows to £220, meaning you have the 20 buyins to move up to the next level, at an 80% success rate it will take 9 days at playing 10 per day, winning 8.

If you win either 6 or 7 in 10, it will change the projected expected complete time but on the plus side your BR will still grow. If you win 5 or less, you will have to make sure you are still rolled to play the level or you have to move down.
    There is no rush, you have 61 days SPARE so even winning 65% of your DYM's will probably be good enough.

Good luck if you attempt this.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

HU sng's are basically a 2 man dym. You could play thousans of them in the time it takes to play your suggested number of normal DYM's

The rake is less, the variance is higher, but this will be quashed by the huge number of games you can get in in the given time frame. This surely has to be a better way to go?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    HU sng's are basically a 2 man dym. You could play thousans of them in the time it takes to play your suggested number of normal DYM's The rake is less, the variance is higher, but this will be quashed by the huge number of games you can get in in the given time frame. This surely has to be a better way to go?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

HU would get there quicker especially at the higher level, I'm guessing there are more £105 HU games going that £110 6-man sit'n'go's so it would be easier to get a game.

I suppose it depends on your skill level and which type of game you are comfortable in, if you're not great at heads-up, at the top level on sky (£105), you'd be crushed more often than not, but in a sng, you arguably don't need as high a skill level to play and win in the top level (£110) 6-man DYM.

• Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited February 2010
    lol kevilfish... gl winning 80% dym, thats impossible. A better aim is to hit over 60-65%
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    lol kevilfish... gl winning 80% dym, thats impossible. A better aim is to hit over 60-65%
    Posted by BlackFish3

Not impossible.

Probably improbable.