You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

tournament schedule discussion

2»

Comments

• Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: tournament schedule is pathetic:
    In Response to Re: tournament schedule is pathetic : And there's the truth....... The Site is not perfect - far from it - but it is being built from scratch - NOT on a Network as most Online Rooms are - & these things are not built overnight. 3 years is not long in business terms either, & that's how long the Room has been going. Rapid growth, & "common" software is available by joining a network, but Sky have gone alone, & that takes time. And although Networks have size, & massive liquidity, many of them cannot be trusted. As some of you know, I own (owned?) 25% of a Networked site, a "skin", which is on the world's biggest Online Poker network. A month or two back, they closed our skin down - because our players were "winning players". The mind boggles, you could not make it up. Then they refused to pay our players their balances, proving that players money was not ring-fenced at all, as most believe. To this day, I'm still trying to secure the monies MY players have on Deposit. Every word of this is true. Can I sue? Ever tried suing a Company based in Belize? So, personally - though clearly some don't agree - I prefer to stay with Sky Poker, because I can trust it 100%, & it's quite rewarding to grow with the site. And it is growing - they are experiencing record traffic levels week after week. But it just takes time. As for the comment someone made that "they (Sky Poker & it's staff) just don't care", well, peeps will believe what they want to believe, I won't even try to debate that. I've worked with most major sites over the last 10 years - worked for or with, not just played on - & I've never seen a bunch of guys so dedicated to building their product. The one-to-one care shown here is something special, no other Site offers that. Some things here need a bit of work - we all know that - but there's quite a bunch of stuff here that NO OTHER Site offers. It just takes time to build the perfect product, but the work-in-progrsss is doing OK, imo. PS - The OP said "discuss", so I did!
    Posted by Tikay10

the old boy is right !

yep it has its faults,

no not granddad tk,

skypoker  !

but as a returnee ,

you cant be the laugh we have on here !

• Options
    warticwartic Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2010
    would like too read an article on what Tikay is talking about since i had no idea about such things
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited February 2010
    personally, I believe the coming download version of the site will solve a lot of problems, and will allow the site to grow properly, as the moment it seems to grow, then shrink again, when players leave due to software problems, and the fact that far too often there are tournies on that simply are not worth entering because of the low number of entrants.

You are right Tikay, I do care about sky poker, and I do believe it could easily become the best site on the planet, but first it has to be able to keep players here playing poker!

When I first joined sky, I thought, great, a name and a site I can trust, brilliant!!---I had no intention of going anywhere else to play, I know there are proper rip off sites out there, I joined one myself before I found sky poker. Sky is such a great site, but the reasons players seem to leave as fast as they join must be addressed !

I have been forced, yes forced, to find another site that I can play on during the day and at night, because of the issues highlighted here--player numbers and reliability--I don't want to play anywhere else, but I have to, and I am by no means the only one that has to---It's just very frustrating when anyone can see that these issues are so easily solved.

I hope the download version of the site will prove to be the turning point, and that players will stay here to play poker---A thousand more players during the day is all that is needed to make this site brilliant!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    its a free satelite to a free satelite?---I very much doubt that anyone at all cannot afford 100 valuable poker points, most players here have over 10.000 of the floppin things--innit
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: tournament schedule discussion:
    I just accidentally entered a floppin freeroll that is a satelite into another floppin freeroll for the primo--is there anyone that cannot afford to spend 100 points to enter a freeroll?--no!--so what is the point of a freeroll satelite to a floppin freeroll?---one in five players get to enter a freeroll that anyone can enter for free---what the flop is that all about?---eh?
    Posted by oynutter
    Not everyone has been playing so long on SkyPoker that they have a mountain of points.
    Also, some people just like playing poker (yes, it's true!) and welcome the opportunity to play "cheap" satellites.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    lol--that is all
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Even XFALLENX seems to have dissapeared, it just not floppin fair--boo hoo
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,076
    edited February 2010
    Even XFALLENX seems to have dissapeared, it just not floppin fair--boo hoo
    Posted by oynutter
    I shared poker Tables with xFALLENx twice last week.
  • Options
    NColleyNColley Member Posts: 1,178
    edited February 2010
    with all due respect the deepstacks are dead because this sites tournaments are structured differently, everyone is so used to 1500/2000 chips and a 10 minute clock that deepstack become laborious since they want to go all in every 5 mins! (90% of the fish on here).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: tournament schedule discussion : I shared poker Tables with xFALLENx twice last week.
    Posted by Tikay10
    nice one Tikay--all is not lost then --lol---
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    with all due respect the deepstacks are dead because this sites tournaments are structured differently, everyone is so used to 1500/2000 chips and a 10 minute clock that deepstack become laborious since they want to go all in every 5 mins! (90% of the fish on here).
    Posted by NColley
    may be so Ncolley, but I'm sure that if around a thousand more players were playing here regularly, then enough would register to make them worth playing--whatcha reckon?
  • Options
    _Woof__Woof_ Member Posts: 21
    edited February 2010
    Silly question. I think I know what a deepstack is, but what's a Tikay?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Deep Stack---HoldemNL--£2.20---2---26 Feb 18:15
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    two floppin players---with one minute to the off---this is what I mean here--what is the point?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Posted by _Woof_
    Welcome woof !!---A Tikay is (according to most archaeologists) a fossil of the pokering period, usually found by geologists that are studying the Jurassic layers
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,076
    edited February 2010
    Posted by _Woof_
    Woof!

Nutter has already explained ONE meaning of "a tikay".

Another - there are many, I'm afraid, (as Mr Orford might tell you), is a Tourney we hold every Wednesday evening, called the "tikay sleepstack". It's 5,000 chips, & 10 minute blinds, & costs £10 + £1 to enter.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Quick--enter the deep stack at 8.15 !!!!