You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Script Error.....Please Contact Aldernay Gambling Control

HAL_9000HAL_9000 Member Posts: 216
Still not heard anything from SkyI posted on here last week with "Rich there is a problem" and suggested it may be time to contact trading standards so rich said he would give sky a nudge...Guess what??????Not a word from SkyI have Bought a new Imac and the site works perfectly with 6 tables all lightening fast. will probably run more with ease.So why did my previous brand new laptop with windows vista not work properly nor any of my other three windows laptopsI have done everything and more to get the site working with windows vista on a lap top and it simply will not open without the script error messages, yet on my desktop pc it does work without the script error message.My father has exactly the same problem again with no resolution from from Sky
I am contacting Aldernay Gaming Control Commission asking them to visit the forum to investigate and suggest everyone else with the problem does the sameTel: +44(0)1481 825500 Fax: +44(0)1481 823978 Email: info@agcc.ggThis has been going on for far too long with absolutely no positive action taken by Sky to address the problem.

Comments

• NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Script Error.....Please Contact Trading Standards:
    Still not heard anything from Sky I posted on here last week with "Rich there is a problem" and suggested it may be time to contact trading standards so rich said he would give sky a nudge... Guess what?????? Not a word from Sky I have Bought a new Imac and the site works perfectly with 6 tables all lightening fast. will probably run more with ease. So why did my previous brand new laptop with windows vista not work properly nor any of my other three windows laptops I have done everything and more to get the site working with windows vista on a lap top and it simply will not open without the script error messages, yet on my desktop pc it does work without the script error message. My father has exactly the same problem again with no resolution from from Sky I am contacting trading standards and asking them to visit the forum to investigate and suggest everyone else with the problem does the same 08454 04 05 06  www.consumerdirect.gov.uk This has been going on for far too long with absolutely no positive action taken by Sky to address the problem.
    Posted by HAL_9000
    Problem.

• NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Script Error.....Please Contact Trading Standards:
    Still not heard anything from Sky I posted on here last week with "Rich there is a problem" and suggested it may be time to contact trading standards so rich said he would give sky a nudge... Guess what?????? Not a word from Sky I have Bought a new Imac and the site works perfectly with 6 tables all lightening fast. will probably run more with ease. So why did my previous brand new laptop with windows vista not work properly nor any of my other three windows laptops I have done everything and more to get the site working with windows vista on a lap top and it simply will not open without the script error messages, yet on my desktop pc it does work without the script error message. My father has exactly the same problem again with no resolution from from Sky I am contacting trading standards and asking them to visit the forum to investigate and suggest everyone else with the problem does the same 08454 04 05 06  www.consumerdirect.gov.uk This has been going on for far too long with absolutely no positive action taken by Sky to address the problem.
    Posted by HAL_9000
    Solution ;-)

• Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited February 2010
    Hi there Hal_9000,

i am really sorry to hear of your problems and i am also very sorry that a member of the team hasn't been in contact with you yet.

i will certainly re-send your old thread (and this new one) over to the team.

i will stress the importance and we'll hopefully get some personal technical advice for you soon.

thanks for staying patient.

all the best,

Rich
  • HAL_9000HAL_9000 Member Posts: 216
    edited February 2010
    Trading standards have stated that we must get in touch with the Alderney Gaming Control Commission
    Tel: +44(0)1481 825500 Fax: +44(0)1481 823978 Email: info@agcc.gg
    edited February 2010
    Hey there Hal_9000,

ok, so i've had a quick chat with the team and i'll do my best at relaying some of their technical information/ advice for you...

The cause of the ‘adobe script error’ is in itself very simple, it’s seen when your PC Processor overloads whilst running flash based programs, causing the flash to slow down and crash. The same will happen when running ANY flash based program, E.G. Youtube, when your processor overloads.

The problem is really ‘what caused the pc processor to overload?’ It is impossible for us to give a definite answer, although we can advise that any process running on the PC (which could include hidden processes running in the background) that use up processor power, will contribute to the error, the severity is dependant on the pc’s overall capacity

Examples of things that could use up your processor power are:

Running other flash programs (multi-tabling, youtube etc)
    running other non-flash programs simultaneously
    Hidden processes running in the background E.G.virus scanners
    Toolbars (It has been commented by customers on previous threads that the google toolbar is particularly intensive on your processor)
    Operating system (VISTA is particularly processor intensive we believe)
    Web Browser (the optimum browser varies for different users, we can’t just say Firefox or Chrome etc is the best)

The higher the spec of your PC – the less (or indeed any) of the above matter and vice versa. It has been proven that players can play 16 tables simultaneously on Sky Poker without ever getting this error – that’s simply because their processor can handle it all.

As you state, you only had problems on previous laptops with Vista, your desktop PC and new IMAC run Sky Poker fine.

If you could provide us with information on the following we might be able to go some way in identifying
    whatever combination of operating software, pc specs, other processes running etc are causing your 3 laptop's  processors to crash the flash player.

make and model of the machine? (for all affected machines)

CPU and Speed?

How much memory?

Browser?

What Version of vista (sp1 / sp2)?

If the machines/ hardware drivers have been updated since purchase?

Which flash version?

hopefully this goes some way to help you/ us find a solution to your problems. As i understand it one of the team will also be contacting you personally to help talk you through these issues.

Sometimes things are easier to talk through on a phone! :)

all the best,

Rich
    edited February 2010
    Rich,
    The plot thickens...
    The script error is absolutely not from a cpu overload error.
    last year i bought a brand new pc duo core with 4gb ram
    i opened up a table and before it opens it brings the error message i have opened it with a task manager and the cpu never hits overload. At best we can assume your software "believes" the cpu is overflowing. As far as i am aware it is primarily a problem with laptops but it may be a conflict with certain processors motherboards or a combination of both.
    It is not my connection because my apple imac runs 8 tables smooth as silk.
    My advice is really, having wasted hours and hours on this.... get an imac.
    But this is effecting many people and does need resolving asap
    Cheers
    HAL 
    edited February 2010
    yes for sure. as i understand it the team will be calling you again personally next week. hopefully then we'll go some way in helping to resolve your issues.

if you need anything in the meantime - just shout.

all the best,

Rich
  • oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited February 2010
    lol--that is all
  • Headup2Headup2 Member Posts: 40
    edited February 2010
    Totally agree with OP.

Sometimes I can multi table and other times like now, I can't.

It's a disgrace.

Stop coming on here Rich and fobbing people off with your robotic responses. Whoever developed this software and thought it was good, wants a bullet in the head

Total,,utter disgrace. Once I get my bonus, I'm out of here.
    edited February 2010
    and i will be contacting AGC monday morning too.
  • MYLEANASSMYLEANASS Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2010
    I have just bought a brand new Samsung N150 Netbook.
    It has a Intel Atom(TM) CPU N450 1.67 Ghz processer with 1.00GB RAM.
    It has Windows 7 Starter. I have used Firefox and IE
    I am using the latest version of Adobe Flash PLayer 10.0.45.2
    When table opens get message asking if to stop running scripts.
    I can not even play one table. By the time it displays the fold, check and bet buttons, the 15secs has elapsed and my cards get folded.
    Is this the same issue?
    Need to find out the quickly cause so I can return the netbook if neccessary!
    Thanks
    Gary
  • ACBRO67ACBRO67 Member Posts: 86
    edited March 2010
    I'm in the same boat.

Sick to death of script error messages. I Like playing here due to the chat and forums,,,,but I hate not eing able to play poker which is why I joined in the first place.  Play one table..OK...play 2 and f@@ck me the whole world falls apart.

Sorry SKY.....I pay you for Internet ,TV ,Phone calls and line rental.....I expect to be able to play poker especially when I can have at least 6 tables open at another site.ANd when I ask you why.....PLEASE DON'T BLAME MY COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!??????????/
  • webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Script Error.....Please Contact Aldernay Gambling Control:
    I'm in the same boat. Sick to death of script error messages. I Like playing here due to the chat and forums,,,,but I hate not eing able to play poker which is why I joined in the first place.  Play one table..OK...play 2 and f@@ck me the whole world falls apart. Sorry SKY.....I pay you for Internet ,TV ,Phone calls and line rental.....I expect to be able to play poker especially when I can have at least 6 tables open at another site.ANd when I ask you why.....PLEASE DON'T BLAME MY COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!??????????/
    Posted by ACBRO67
    they wouldnt do that.....................would they?
    edited March 2010
    I have just bought a brand new Samsung N150 Netbook. It has a Intel Atom(TM) CPU N450 1.67 Ghz processer with 1.00GB RAM. It has Windows 7 Starter. I have used Firefox and IE I am using the latest version of Adobe Flash PLayer 10.0.45.2 When table opens get message asking if to stop running scripts. I can not even play one table. By the time it displays the fold, check and bet buttons, the 15secs has elapsed and my cards get folded. Is this the same issue? Need to find out the quickly cause so I can return the netbook if neccessary! Thanks Gary
    Posted by MYLEANASS
    Yes this is the same problem i have. I have spent months trying to resolve it and ended up buying an Imac which is perfect
    Regards
    HAL_9000
    edited March 2010
    I'm in the same boat. Sick to death of script error messages. I Like playing here due to the chat and forums,,,,but I hate not eing able to play poker which is why I joined in the first place.  Play one table..OK...play 2 and f@@ck me the whole world falls apart. Sorry SKY.....I pay you for Internet ,TV ,Phone calls and line rental.....I expect to be able to play poker especially when I can have at least 6 tables open at another site.ANd when I ask you why.....PLEASE DON'T BLAME MY COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!??????????/
    Posted by ACBRO67

This is the same as my Laptop I assume you are using a laptop?
    Sky is contacting me this week to try and resolve the issue so keep checking the tech area.
    Regards
    HAL_9000

• Penny_LessPenny_Less Member Posts: 234
    edited March 2010
    How come my crummy laptop can run 4 tables with ease on Full Tilt ?

As soon as I open a table on here i'm running at 98% CPU use !

Totally ruined it for me now :(
  • Taller_GuyTaller_Guy Member Posts: 289
    edited March 2010
    How come my crummy laptop can run 4 tables with ease on Full Tilt ? As soon as I open a table on here i'm running at 98% CPU use ! Totally ruined it for me now :(
    Posted by Penny_Less
    Is it coz Full Tilt is downloadable and Sky isn't.....yet?

Don't know whether that has any effect, but it might.
  • ACBRO67ACBRO67 Member Posts: 86
    edited March 2010
    This is the same as my Laptop I assume you are using a laptop?
    Sky is contacting me this week to try and resolve the issue so keep checking the tech area.
    Regards
    HAL_9000

Only just seen your reply Hal ..and yes I am using a laptop. Ive updated the flashplayer to the latest version and closed down just about everything else running which is non-essential. I've also starting using Firefox as my browser....can still only get one table open though.

Don't know what the problem can be getting a downloadable version. Although I'm not a program writer surely it can't be this difficult?

At the end of the day, as I said earlier, I just want to play poker. I enjoy playing here but I'm not that desperate to do so that I'll watch my money disappear whilst being timed out. TBH I've decided to give it another few weeks or so( end March) and if it ain't any better, I'll just have to go elsewhere (shame!!!!).
    edited March 2010
    Sky_Rich should be relaying these complaints daily.

There's obviously another reason why this isn't being sorted. I'm guessing it's money.
  • MYLEANASSMYLEANASS Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2010
    Forward to my post of 5/3/2010.....
    I have now returned my netbook and got a full refund.
    Prior to doing this I discovered that the part of the problem was that my netbook was configured to only use 50% of its total cpu power.
    With power cable in I could happily play one table.
    Playing ONE TABLE using the battery, i was being timed out before i could act.
    The netbook was back at Curry's before I could test this!
    IS THE BATTERY SETTING AN ISSUE FOR ANYONE ELSE????????