You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Script Error.....Please Contact Aldernay Gambling Control

2»

Comments

• HAL_9000HAL_9000 Member Posts: 216
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Script Error.....Please Contact Aldernay Gambling Control:
    Forward to my post of 5/3/2010..... I have now returned my netbook and got a full refund. Prior to doing this I discovered that the part of the problem was that my netbook was configured to only use 50% of its total cpu power. With power cable in I could happily play one table. Playing ONE TABLE using the battery, i was being timed out before i could act. The netbook was back at Curry's before I could test this! IS THE BATTERY SETTING AN ISSUE FOR ANYONE ELSE????????
    Posted by MYLEANASS
    I am handing my laptop over to a guy from Sky this week so they can look further into it, I will look into the Bat /pow on mine but i play with power in so dont think that could be an issue, perhaps others may try this
    People can press down and hold the following keys "ctrl" "alt" "del" this will launch windows task manager that will show the usage of the computer and take a log of there system whilst running skypoker
    Hal_9000
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Script Error.....Please Contact Aldernay Gambling Control : I am handing my laptop over to a guy from Sky this week so they can look further into it, I will look into the Bat /pow on mine but i play with power in so dont think that could be an issue, perhaps others may try this People can press down and hold the following keys "ctrl" "alt" "del" this will launch windows task manager that will show the usage of the computer and take a log of there system whilst running skypoker Hal_9000
    Posted by HAL_9000

I should add you can easily reconfigure your laptops to work 100% on battery it just does not last as long on the battery
    HAL_9000 

• cazzie58cazzie58 Member Posts: 64
    edited March 2010
    Hi guys

I have the same problem with the new netbook I bought.  Managed to get a recycled laptop from work for £60 and it works fine!!

In Response to Re: Script Error.....Please Contact Aldernay Gambling Control : I should add you can easily reconfigure your laptops to work 100% on battery it just does not last as long on the battery HAL_9000 
    Posted by HAL_9000
  • SummerjadeSummerjade Member Posts: 129
    edited March 2010
    hi all,

im getting the same problem, contacted sky help desk and got told to stop all programes running and change my browser to firefox, ive done all this and still all my hands get folded / timed out especially on mtt or heads up.  my computer goes bk to normal and catches up on the big blind but the when i get moved tables it folds about 6 hands b4 letting me play and its so annoying seeing top hands folded and then see i would of won the hand if played.

im opperating on a normal pc which is xp and ive tried all the different flash players but none work, dont know why this is happening but i have a fast internet connection and it works fine on all other live site bar this one.

anyone know how 2 fix it get bk to me thanks !
    edited March 2010
    My Laptop is still with Sky they are looking into it
    As far as i am aware the problem may be to do with an update to windows that has not installed correctly on my system
    I am going to reformat it and see if that resolves the issue
    Keep Smiling
    HAL_9000
  • gizzergizzer Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2010
    had the same problem with my 3yr old laptop, got a computer geek to wipe it clean and restore back to factory settings.works great now,but a lot of hassle to play a game of poker.
  • TheTurfTheTurf Member Posts: 14
    edited May 2010
    Just been playing Turbo DYM    I had "AA"  Sky folded before i could play  then said I am back  Whats going on ...  Of course then i go out.  Not Happy ...
  • simonnatursimonnatur Member Posts: 330
    edited June 2010
    Just been playing Turbo DYM    I had "AA"  Sky folded before i could play  then said I am back  Whats going on ...  Of course then i go out.  Not Happy ...
    Posted by TheTurf
    I have the exact same issue, I get the error msg everytime i open a table. can usually play one table ok , but trying to multi table is just throwing money away, hands folded before can take any action. I have a laptop running xp and IE.

Guess I must like Sky else I'ld have cashed out and moved on a long tme ago 

• TRIP5TRIP5 Member Posts: 3,618
    edited June 2010
    Try to find a version of adobe 8, this problem is caused mostly by adobe 10. Thats why those people like tk who are playing on pentium 2's are fine but those wiith newer/faster/better computers are not. Plus if you are using Mcafee then this is highly cpu intensive..coupled with vista it's a veritable disaster.

Great to hear the imac works, was thinking of getting one myself

• simonnatursimonnatur Member Posts: 330
    edited June 2010
    wanted to feed back that clearing the cache in internet explorer resolved the problems i had been having