You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Way above average bad beats

2»

Comments

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    broonies said:

something going on in this site just came back to it, and the bad beats are worse that before with the river card thats about 5 games in a row someone really needs to look at this big time happening to meany times cant keep throwing money away like this

Maybe you're just not very good at poker?
  • Options
    rich-a-64rich-a-64 Member Posts: 4
    can anyone recommend a different poker site as I'm getting to the point were playing on here is putting me off of the game I love and all because when I get it in good 95% of the time I get beat 85% of the time by complete ****
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,164
    edited September 2018
    rich-a-64 said:

can anyone recommend a different poker site as I'm getting to the point were playing on here is putting me off of the game I love and all because when I get it in good 95% of the time I get beat 85% of the time by complete ****

Can you go into your Hand History and post the 19 times out of 20 that you have got it in good, and this will show the 17 times out of 20 that you've got beat by complete **** .... just for verification, so we can see how unlucky you are.

Thank you in anticipation
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,317
    rich-a-64 said:

Morning @rich-a-64

Bad night, bud?

First up, a little warning - you are going to get some gentle stick from the boys for that Post, & to be fair, rightly so. As @MISTY4ME inferred by his challenge, nobody is going to believe you get it in good 95% of the time & lose 85% of the time, I mean, you just don't, do you?

Poker is a brutal game sometimes, it really is. And you KNOW that, as you've played over 3,500 MTT's or SNG's here. And yes, some nights it really does seem like our hands get busted 85% of the time. Selective memory at work there, as we forget when we outdraw better hands. Which we do.

If you are having a bad run;

It could just be variance. Variance is a beast of the highest order.

Or it could be that you are not playing the hands correctly, & need a little help with your game.

Tell you what. Stick the Hand Histories of your LAST 5 BUSTOUTS on here, & I'll get 2 or 3 of the best MTT players on Sky Poker to have a look at them, & give their honest opinion. There you go, can't say fairer than that.

And if you are still not convinced & think you can do better elsewhere, well yes, there are plenty of Online Poker sites out there, hundreds of them. PokerStars, 888, Party, & many many more. You will get exactly the same experience as to bad beats on every one of them, because that's how poker works. Unforch, very few of them have a Forum where you can come on & have a chunter & get good advice when you do.

Have a nice cup of tea, think about it, & stick those Hand Histories up, & you'll get some good advice. And that's a promise.

PS - Run better tonight. You never know, tonight might be the night.....
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,164
    Very nice post TiKay :)
  • Options
    rich-a-64rich-a-64 Member Posts: 4
    Tikay10 said:

rich-a-64 said:

Morning @rich-a-64

Bad night, bud?

First up, a little warning - you are going to get some gentle stick from the boys for that Post, & to be fair, rightly so. As @MISTY4ME inferred by his challenge, nobody is going to believe you get it in good 95% of the time & lose 85% of the time, I mean, you just don't, do you?

Poker is a brutal game sometimes, it really is. And you KNOW that, as you've played over 3,500 MTT's or SNG's here. And yes, some nights it really does seem like our hands get busted 85% of the time. Selective memory at work there, as we forget when we outdraw better hands. Which we do.

Or it could be that you are not playing the hands correctly, & need a little help with your game.

Tell you what. Stick the Hand Histories of your LAST 5 BUSTOUTS on here, & I'll get 2 or 3 of the best MTT players on Sky Poker to have a look at them, & give their honest opinion. There you go, can't say fairer than that.

And if you are still not convinced & think you can do better elsewhere, well yes, there are plenty of Online Poker sites out there, hundreds of them. PokerStars, 888, Party, & many many more. You will get exactly the same experience as to bad beats on every one of them, because that's how poker works. Unforch, very few of them have a Forum where you can come on & have a chunter & get good advice when you do.

Have a nice cup of tea, think about it, & stick those Hand Histories up, & you'll get some good advice. And that's a promise.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    b64Small blind100.00100.006291.25
    rich-a-64Big blind200.00300.002840.00
    Your hole cards
    • A
    DIKKI429Fold
    CasratCall200.00500.005855.00
    MattBatesFold
    b64Raise700.001200.005591.25
    rich-a-64Call600.001800.002240.00
    CasratFold
    Flop
    b64Bet1350.003150.004241.25
    rich-a-64All-in2240.005390.000.00
    b64Call890.006280.003351.25
    b64Show
    • A
    rich-a-64Show
    • A
    Turn
    • J
    River
    b64WinFlush to the Ace6280.009631.25
    Tikay10 said:

rich-a-64 said:

Morning @rich-a-64

Bad night, bud?

• Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited September 2018
    Post flop you got unlucky. Pre flop calling off this stack size with this hand really isn't very good and you have no idea where you are and you are hoping to flop massive which wont happen enough for it to be a profitable play. You did manage to get it in on the flop as a 70% favorite but isn't going to be the case long term
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Very easy to confuse run bad with play bad.