You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

KK, Call or Fold

-Typhoon--Typhoon- Member Posts: 288
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
Ok, i've not been at the table for more than 20 mins or so, so i dont have much info on the players involved in the action.

I know it's micro stakes, so i'm not risking that much, but i think its a similar situation to a post a few weeks ago, regarding the higher stake tables. I would like opinions on what the correct play should be in this position, as i'm next to act.

I'll post the full hand later today.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
daz69 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £10.32
griffgruff Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £3.90
Nightshado Big blind   £0.04 £0.10 £0.64
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

joesoap121 Call   £0.04 £0.14 £4.24
Nightshado Check        
DADSARMIE Fold        
pyte Call   £0.04 £0.18 £3.78
-Typhoon- Raise   £0.68 £0.86 £3.08
daz69 Fold        
griffgruff All-in   £3.90 £4.76 £0.00
joesoap121 Fold        
Nightshado All-in   £0.62 £5.38 £0.02
pyte All-in   £3.78 £9.16 £0.00

Comments

• Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited February 2010
    fold, but im not a cash player. so you may get the pro's coming on here saying its a call all day long, i know nothing, sorry i couldnt help
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited February 2010

I just call....coz I cant fold.....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: KK, Call or Fold:
    I just call....coz I cant fold.....
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    lol nice one dohhhh
  • Options
    hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited February 2010
    call everyday of the week, they would be going allin with 1010 JJ QQ AK AQ AJ, got to call, if one has aces then its just bad luck nh move on. way to tight if your folding kings preflop, the only time im not calling here is if it was the first level of the main event in vegas
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I mean your rarely gonna see this sorta thing at the higher levels - you can ignore the shortstack he's wasting his time and quite honestly I hope he has AA there - he deserves to be taught a lesson for sitting there with under 20 bbs.

Its just a call innit - the argument of "wud u call if it was NL1000" isn't valid, coz it wouldn't happen there - unless the hands are AA AA KK KK. 

As you are posting it, I guess 1 did have aces, but what can ya do. Reload I guess?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    call everyday of the week, they would be going allin with 1010 JJ QQ AK AQ AJ, got to call, if one has aces then its just bad luck nh move on. way to tight if your folding kings preflop, the only time im not calling here is if it was the first level of the main event in vegas
    Posted by hurst05
    so its a good idea to call 3 all ins with KK?

am sorry but that is not a call i would make, might say its a bit tight but against 3 other players, 1 of them will prob have aces and a call here is a bad call imo

• Options
    jamesg1987jamesg1987 Member Posts: 19
    edited February 2010

As its micro stakes, I think the range of these hands are going to pretty broad, with people regualrly shoving and calling with not much. Therefore I'm calling, if one has aces, then reload and go after those that went all in with an average hand!

• Options
    Torres1892Torres1892 Member Posts: 20
    edited February 2010
    In Response to KK, Call or Fold:
    Ok, i've not been at the table for more than 20 mins or so, so i dont have much info on the players involved in the action. I know it's micro stakes, so i'm not risking that much, but i think its a similar situation to a post a few weeks ago, regarding the higher stake tables. I would like opinions on what the correct play should be in this position, as i'm next to act. I'll post the full hand later today. Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance daz69 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £10.32 griffgruff Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £3.90 Nightshado Big blind   £0.04 £0.10 £0.64   Your hole cards K K       joesoap121 Call   £0.04 £0.14 £4.24 Nightshado Check         DADSARMIE Fold         pyte Call   £0.04 £0.18 £3.78 -Typhoon- Raise   £0.68 £0.86 £3.08 daz69 Fold         griffgruff All-in   £3.90 £4.76 £0.00 joesoap121 Fold         Nightshado All-in   £0.62 £5.38 £0.02 pyte All-in   £3.78 £9.16 £0.00
    Posted by -Typhoon-
    Call all day !!! What hands are you waiting for to get your money with ? If it's a money decision you should not be on the table. I know it sounds harsh but i feel it is straight forward
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    how the heck is it straight forward, the correct play is a fold, people are saying because its micro stakes its a call, if the stakes were 100/200 would it be a call? no it would not, am sorry but this is a fold and people who are saying call are only saying it because of the stakes of the game!!!!
  • Options
    pryce6pryce6 Member Posts: 1,058
    edited February 2010
    You have to call, not just because you have a premium hand - but let's be honest, you just look like a mug if you raise 17x BB and then fold to a shove.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    its not just 1 shove though is it pryce its 3
  • Options
    pryce6pryce6 Member Posts: 1,058
    edited February 2010
    Well two - one of them shoves for less than his 17x raise. I am taking KK a.i 3-way pot, good chances are both of them have an ace and you just cannot fold.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You have to call, not just because you have a premium hand - but let's be honest, you just look like a mug if you raise 17x BB and then fold to a shove.
    Posted by pryce6
    also what your saying is you will never fold a hand if you raise 17x big blind because you dont want to look a mug, but you would rather flip over j10 or somet to look good?
  • Options
    hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited February 2010
    i call this all day long, ill put one guy on QQ, another guy on AK and the shortystacky on something like AQ-AJ well see later when he posts the rest of the hand what they had, but seriously webby, this is a call. i think i would still make the call at higher stakes, why, because i would be rolled for it, and if one has aces then its just a cooler and you are rolled for that kind of hand. for a start it would rarely happen at high stakes because you wont find 3 people going allin preflop with an entire buyin, 4 including the kings. theres alot more play down the streets etc. but yeah im calling. 
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited February 2010
    If pyte has AA here, I'd be staggered; he's initially limped on the cut-off after two limpers.
    nightshado is irrelevant since you have already put more cash in the pot than he has.
    Therefore you only need to concern yourself with griffgruff.
    Unless he has shown himself to be the tightest player you're ever going to meet you should call.
    You might even be lucky in that more than one of them has an ace so reducing their outs.

The stakes are only relevant in as much as you are likely to get more inexperienced players playing at these stakes who are likely to over-value their hands.
  • Options
    Action_DanAction_Dan Member Posts: 341
    edited February 2010
    how the heck is it straight forward, the correct play is a fold, people are saying because its micro stakes its a call, if the stakes were 100/200 would it be a call? no it would not, am sorry but this is a fold and people who are saying call are only saying it because of the stakes of the game!!!!
    Posted by webby234
    This seems to be your favourite justification at the moment - you've used similar theory on other posts in recent days! DOHHHHHHH's already said it's a fold at bigger level because you can put your opponent on range of hands so it's unlikely to be anything that doesn't have you dominated but at these levels, you're just as likely to be up against QJ suited/10's as AA! Yeah my % of winning against three random hands aren't great but at these stakes, I'm happily calling - there's nothing to gain here from folding unlike satellite/DYM game!
  • Options
    Mr_MiyagiMr_Miyagi Member Posts: 2,031
    edited February 2010
    I agreed with Webby the other time about folding with JA.

But I would call with KK.
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited February 2010
    The short stack is irellivant as he has less than your raise. It's possibly a call as the range is so wide on the micro's that their is every chance you are up against A X and an underpair. It's not a call because you won't lose much money but because with some history on the players you may be able to define their range better. With no info and irrelivant of stakes though you probably have to fold under the assumption that 1 of them will be playing the aces.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    typhoon please post the rest of the hand
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    nooo webby your gonna be right! - people never post these sorta things unless theyve been cold decked/out-drawn - so theres a 50 50 chance ur right. 

I see your argument, but if you're good enough to fold pocket kings pre flop, then your playing way below your level at these stakes. Like, WAYYYYYYYY below ur level!