You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

How Happy Are You Now?

bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat

Well Ive seen it all now,    this   fiasco of a tournament !! 

Why has it come to a player being violated  and slammed for just playing poker it's just  beyond belief....

Why oh Why ?  I'll tell you WHY !! 

The blame falls squarely on the shoulders  of the SKYPOKER management team and the advisers of this ridiculous competition (Total Player) that has led to  this player DOHHHHHHH having to  post this message on the so called Official Thread .........
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote "Im obviously gonna be annoyed, that my selection is being crushed.

No1 was more surprised than me, but they aren't daft. 

To come on and read this thread, and be slaughtered for doing well, is soul crushing. People of course are entitled to disagree with the decision, but to slate me publicly, is wrong, especially as there's other guys who deserve congratulations/commiserations.

U guys setting out to crush me, I fell for it, and its probably cost me. clap clap

DOHH" 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So many times the 'faces' from Sky management and  TV personalities (you all know who you are) come on the forum and either ridicule or even ban players on this  forum for speaking their minds...(right or wrongly) 
But your are the inventors of this competition and  you invite comments,  however  what did you expect to  happen the way this  'TP' has  been constructed ..

I questioned about   6 weeks ago  this format and was called a 'troll' for making a comment, but it was  obvious this  would  end in tears in more ways than one....
Just  because you have the means to  delete and have the  last word doesn't  make it  right, that  a player like DOHHHHHHH has been left near to  tears ..... and it probably wont end here

DOHHHHHHH  yes you deserve better  than what has happened and I feel there has been  a bully boy tactic's  by a certain little  group of  so called players ... but these  people who think they are 'the bee's knee's are living in a 'fools  paradise' .... 
You are  one  of the best young players on this  site but this competition is a nonsense ...

"POKERBCITY" did the right thing in turning down the invite  to play this, saying,
" Poker should  be played, by 'cards  in the air and deal '   he was  right ...

It just seemed  that from day one this whole competition was designed, so that some staff could  get an expenses paid  'jolly up' at the WSOP, a cost that would have been better spent looking at what the whole of the poker community here could  benefit from ........ 

So many people have left this site for  various reason  and this competition has not helped !!

Now I hope, you the management  apologise  to  Dohhhhhhh and stop looking through  'tinted glasses' at this fiasco that is  TTP ...  

Good luck Dohhhhhhh   and  the rest  of the players, your  all good players don't let the kid's get you down!!

"who can ya turn to"  ?

Barry  (bennydip2)   

Comments

• Options
    OnlyOneCTOnlyOneCT Member Posts: 1,181
    edited February 2010
    In Response to How Happy Are You Know?:
           Well Ive seen it all now,    this   fiasco of a tournament !!    Why has it come to a player being violated  and slammed for just playing poker it's just  beyond belief.... Why oh Why ?  I'll tell you WHY !!    The blame falls squarely on the shoulders  of the SKYPOKER management team and the advisers of this ridiculous competition (Total Player) that has led to  this player DOHHHHHHH having to  post this message on the so called Official Thread ......... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Quote "Im obviously gonna be annoyed, that my selection is being crushed. No1 was more surprised than me, but they aren't daft.  To come on and read this thread, and be slaughtered for doing well, is soul crushing. People of course are entitled to disagree with the decision, but to slate me publicly, is wrong, especially as there's other guys who deserve congratulations/commiserations. U guys setting out to crush me, I fell for it, and its probably cost me. clap clap DOHH"  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  So many times the 'faces' from Sky management and  TV personalities (you all know who you are) come on the forum and either ridicule or even ban players on this  forum for speaking their minds...(right or wrongly)  But your are the inventors of this competition and  you invite comments,  however  what did you expect to  happen the way this  'TP' has  been constructed .. I questioned about   6 weeks ago  this format and was called a 'troll' for making a comment, but it was  obvious this  would  end in tears in more ways than one.... Just  because you have the means to  delete and have the  last word doesn't  make it  right, that  a player like DOHHHHHHH has been left near to  tears ..... and it probably wont end here DOHHHHHHH  yes you deserve better  than what has happened and I feel there has been  a bully boy tactic's  by a certain little  group of  so called players ... but these  people who think they are 'the bee's knee's are living in a 'fools  paradise' ....  You are  one  of the best young players on this  site but this competition is a nonsense ... "POKERBCITY" did the right thing in turning down the invite  to play this, saying, " Poker should  be played, by 'cards  in the air and deal '   he was  right ... It just seemed  that from day one this whole competition was designed, so that some staff could  get an expenses paid  'jolly up' at the WSOP, a cost that would have been better spent looking at what the whole of the poker community here could  benefit from ........  So many people have left this site for  various reason  and this competition has not helped !!   Now I hope, you the management  apologise  to  Dohhhhhhh and stop looking through  'tinted glasses' at this fiasco that is  TTP ...   Good luck Dohhhhhhh   and  the rest  of the players, your  all good players don't let the kid's get you down!!    "who can ya turn to"  ? Barry  (bennydip2)   
    Posted by bennydip2
    + 1

• Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited February 2010
    Skymod1 will defo ban you now lol. To be fair, i think that the total player concept was started with all the best intentions, it just wasn't thought out properly, i get the impression that they make it up as they go along, i bet they don't even know the final format yet? That said, you ain't gonna please everyone no matter what you do,however maybe next year if they do it again they will take on board some of the legitimate criticisms raised this year. One point i do disagree with you on, and i have no evidence to back this up, is that i don't believe it is being run for a 'jolly' for a staff trip to vegas.
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited February 2010
    Hi Benny -  how did you do in Luton tongiht?

Anyway to the post.  I think that the format has some flaws, however it is Sky's first attempt at a format like this.  I haven't seen any of the TP episodes until today, and can say that I really enjoyed the show, the hands and the content.

I think that if it does run next year then changes will be made.

Oh and So many people have left this site for  various reason  and this competition has not helped !!

I have to disagree with this.  In the past 6 lmotnhs traffic on here has boomed.  On the cash tables the liquidty of players has at least doubled.  
  • Options
    hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited February 2010
    defo needs improving if its to work next time. and agree its getting like a dictatorship on the forum, and ive noticed that whenever anyone has an opinion that is different from the majority then they get slaughtered, examples, 'THEROCK' for his opinions on dohhhh, then the other day with 'Webby' for his opinion on how he would play a cash hand. seems if you arent going to lick each others backsides then you cant have an opinion. IMO :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    agree traffic is flowing now, i took a break from poker a while back, when you would get around five 50nl tables during the night, now ive seen as many as 10+ running with people on the waiting lists
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited February 2010
    Scotty ..   I didnt go.. was busy all the afternoon . I'll PM  u later in the week  big live game near you  :))
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: How Happy Are You Know?:
    Scotty ..   I didnt go.. was busy all the afternoon . I'll PM  u later in the week  big live game near you  :))
    Posted by bennydip2
    the new club thats in Maidenhead?  
  • Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited February 2010
    defo needs improving if its to work next time. and agree its getting like a dictatorship on the forum, and ive noticed that whenever anyone has an opinion that is different from the majority then they get slaughtered, examples, 'THEROCK' for his opinions on dohhhh, then the other day with 'Webby' for his opinion on how he would play a cash hand. seems if you arent going to lick each others backsides then you cant have an opinion. IMO :)
    Posted by hurst05
    Come on man. IMACOCK's posts were malicious and insulting. If he has an opinion on the matter he should post in a respectful manner. To be fair, I believe you did so when you were stating your agreement with his views and you didn't get "slaughtered", banned or deleted. To my recollection there were no personal insults or unpleasant comments in the thread where Webby stated his opinion that he would fold the AJ. There were a number of people stating that they would not fold and giving reasons why. Webby has a confrontational style, not an insulting style, and some of the responses were posted in the same style. That was good, healthy debate in my view.
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited February 2010

seems to me you are been very  unfair benny,

they have put a lot of work in to this ,

you know the pokersite is a small one ,

soz m8y i think you are very harsh on them .

i for one didnt like it at the start ,

but i believe its turned in to a excellent contest .

benny it seems any posts you are putting on are negative posts ,

you used to  have a mixer,

can we have the old benny back please,

i say this as someone thats like you  !
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to How Happy Are You Know?:
           Well Ive seen it all now,    this   fiasco of a tournament !!    Why has it come to a player being violated  and slammed for just playing poker it's just  beyond belief.... Why oh Why ?  I'll tell you WHY !!    The blame falls squarely on the shoulders  of the SKYPOKER management team and the advisers of this ridiculous competition (Total Player) that has led to  this player DOHHHHHHH having to  post this message on the so called Official Thread ......... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Quote "Im obviously gonna be annoyed, that my selection is being crushed. No1 was more surprised than me, but they aren't daft.  To come on and read this thread, and be slaughtered for doing well, is soul crushing. People of course are entitled to disagree with the decision, but to slate me publicly, is wrong, especially as there's other guys who deserve congratulations/commiserations. U guys setting out to crush me, I fell for it, and its probably cost me. clap clap DOHH"  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  So many times the 'faces' from Sky management and  TV personalities (you all know who you are) come on the forum and either ridicule or even ban players on this  forum for speaking their minds...(right or wrongly)  But your are the inventors of this competition and  you invite comments,  however  what did you expect to  happen the way this  'TP' has  been constructed .. I questioned about   6 weeks ago  this format and was called a 'troll' for making a comment, but it was  obvious this  would  end in tears in more ways than one.... Just  because you have the means to  delete and have the  last word doesn't  make it  right, that  a player like DOHHHHHHH has been left near to  tears ..... and it probably wont end here DOHHHHHHH  yes you deserve better  than what has happened and I feel there has been  a bully boy tactic's  by a certain little  group of  so called players ... but these  people who think they are 'the bee's knee's are living in a 'fools  paradise' ....  You are  one  of the best young players on this  site but this competition is a nonsense ... "POKERBCITY" did the right thing in turning down the invite  to play this, saying, " Poker should  be played, by 'cards  in the air and deal '   he was  right ... It just seemed  that from day one this whole competition was designed, so that some staff could  get an expenses paid  'jolly up' at the WSOP, a cost that would have been better spent looking at what the whole of the poker community here could  benefit from ........  So many people have left this site for  various reason  and this competition has not helped !!   Now I hope, you the management  apologise  to  Dohhhhhhh and stop looking through  'tinted glasses' at this fiasco that is  TTP ...   Good luck Dohhhhhhh   and  the rest  of the players, your  all good players don't let the kid's get you down!!    "who can ya turn to"  ? Barry  (bennydip2)   
    Posted by bennydip2
    Barry, I disagree with much that you have said here but you have the right to say it. There is no need whatsoever for the Sky Poker management to apologise to Dohhhh. They selected him for TP, he has got through 2 phases of the competition and he has the opportunity to strut his stuff on a bigger stage. Nothing there to apologise for. it is one or two unpleasant, jealous people who shoud be apologising.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: How Happy Are You Know? : Come on man. IMACOCK's posts were malicious and insulting. If he has an opinion on the matter he should post in a respectful manner. To be fair, I believe you did so when you were stating your agreement with his views and you didn't get "slaughtered", banned or deleted. To my recollection there were no personal insults or unpleasant comments in the thread where Webby stated his opinion that he would fold the AJ. There were a number of people stating that they would not fold and giving reasons why. Webby has a confrontational style, not an insulting style, and some of the responses were posted in the same style. That was good, healthy debate in my view.
    Posted by Seagull158
    if i recall, all he stated was that he 'thought' dohhh was a bad player and other players should have gone through instead, no malice just strong opinion, which in fairness he's entitled to. i wouldnt be saying that he hasnt done anything malcious if i didnt think he hadnt.

he didnt swear, become aggressive unlike dohhh with his reply, which i know he will regret posting this morning probably. 

you think i did anything wrong in my replies?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: How Happy Are You Know? : if i recall, all he stated was that he 'thought' dohhh was a bad player and other players should have gone through instead, no malice just strong opinion, which in fairness he's entitled to. i wouldnt be saying that he hasnt done anything malcious if i didnt think he hadnt. he didnt swear, become aggressive unlike dohhh with his reply, which i know he will regret posting this morning probably.  you think i did anything wrong in my replies?
    Posted by hurst05
    No I dont think you really said anything wrong in your replies and I stated as such in mine. You made a comment, or at least supported a comment, about Tikay and Dohhh, which was rather childish. The other poster used words such as "shocking" and "donkfest", which are way over the top and made deliberately to provoke an intemperate reponse IMO, which he got! He was also implying that there was bias and favouritism at work.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: How Happy Are You Know? : No I dont think you really said anything wrong in your replies and I stated as such in mine. You made a comment, or at least supported a comment, about Tikay and Dohhh, which was rather childish. The other poster used words such as "shocking" and "donkfest", which are way over the top and made deliberately to provoke an intemperate reponse IMO, which he got! He was also implying that there was bias and favouritism at work.
    Posted by Seagull158
    thankyou, the man of the hour seemed the think i was s**t stirring which he sent to me in a nice message :) anyway off to work i go, on a sunday i know, sacreligious ;[
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: How Happy Are You Know? : thankyou, the man of the hour seemed the think i was s**t stirring which he sent to me in a nice message :) anyway off to work i go, on a sunday i know, sacreligious ;[
    Posted by hurst05
    I dont know whether your motivation was s***stirring or not but I gave you the benefit of the doubt. I wiill be doing some work also today so you're not alone.
  • Options
    pod1pod1 Member Posts: 4,377
    edited February 2010
    had to work yesrerday till late and it looks as though i missed a **** of alot, got the general idea of what went on, but with most threads on this matter wiped off it is hard to get full picture. just 1 question: who called dohhhh was a bad player?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    had to work yesrerday till late and it looks as though i missed a **** of alot, got the general idea of what went on, but with most threads on this matter wiped off it is hard to get full picture. just 1 question: who called dohhhh was a bad player?
    Posted by pod1
    IMACOCK did. Said he was "shocking" and a "donkfest"
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    lol, was there any alterntive reason for this , or was it pure jealousy. 
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    lol, was there any alterntive reason for this , or was it pure jealousy. 
    Posted by pod1
    He said Dohhhh and Dantb were not good enough players to be there. He later withdrew his comment about Dantb but continued to taunt Dohhh until the thread was closed. Apparently he was in the chatbox earlier stirring up trouble. IMACOCK by name, IMACOCK by nature.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    trying to get him up on sharkscope , aint finding nothin

• Options
    edited February 2010
    trying to get him up on sharkscope , aint finding nothin
    Posted by pod1
    I have changed his name for amusement and because it describes him better. Try IMAROCK.