You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Another one bites the dust.

Comments

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,518
    Porridge actress Patricia Brake dies aged 79 after ‘long battle with cancer’

Bon Jovi founding member Alec John Such dies as band left 'heartbroken'

• TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,074
    I saw Bon Jovi on their first British tour which was supporting Ian Gillan. They were to put it mildly, awful and I remember saying to my mate that if these ever made it big I'd eat a 5hit sandwich.
    They later released "Slippery When Wet" a real banging "all killer, no filler" album and the rest as they say is history.

Saw them a couple of years later and they were incredible. A.J.S was a monster bass player at the time rivalling many in the genre, but always in the shadow of Jon and Richie.

In another band he would have been a major figure ala Harris (Maiden) or Way (UFO) but despite that he was a major part of their best years and work.

As for that sandwich, still trying to get the taste out of my mouth.
    First player to hit a nine-darter on live TV passes away aged 52

Shaun Greatbatch
    @GreatbatchShaun
    ·
    Jun 6, 2022
    It is with an extremely heavy heart that I have to bring you this news. My Dad, Shaun, passed away yesterday. He fought so hard for so long and we will be forever proud of him and everything he achieved. He was the best Dad, Husband and Grandfather you could wish for. RIP big man

Dragons' Den star Hilary Devey dies aged 65

• MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,147

Sadly after a long illness Dragon's Den star Hilary Devey has died :'(

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/dragons-den-star-hilary-devey-141132640.html
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,147
    edited June 2022

SAD News .....especially if your Welsh :'(

Legendary Wales and British and Irish Lions captain and fly-half Phil Bennett has died at the age of 73.

R.I.P. Phil

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/59951325
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,074
    Absolute Legend R.I.P.
    edited June 2022
    MISTY4ME said:

SAD News .....especially if your Welsh :'(

Legendary Wales and British and Irish Lions captain and fly-half Phil Bennett has died at the age of 73.

R.I.P. Phil

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/59951325

"Legend" is probably over used in describing sports people.
    He was a proper legend.
    edited June 2022
    edited June 2022
    Dad's Army star Frank Williams dead at 90: Tributes flood in to actor who played long-suffering vicar Rev Timothy Farthing, with just Private Pike now left from classic BBC sitcom's original line-up

Actor Frank Williams, who was best known for playing Timothy Farthing in Dad's Army, has died at the age of 90. The star's death was announced in a statement on his dedicated Facebook page, which read: 'So sorry to say that our beloved friend, colleague and actor, Frank Williams, passed away this morning. 'He was almost 91, and we are grateful for all the years of joy, laughter and happiness he brought to so many. Thank you Frank! x'. Frank died just six days short of his 91st birthday on 2 July. He appeared in similar roles to Reverend Timothy Farthing in the BBC television sitcom, as members of the clergy in You Rang, M'Lord? Hi-de-Hi!, What's Up Nurse, The Worker and Vanity Fair. He once described his time in Dad's Army as the 'happiest period of his professional life'.
    Dame Deborah James: Cancer campaigner dies aged 40

• rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,212
    Andy Goram, the " Goalie ".
    Novelist and former Guardian journalist Susie Steiner dies aged 51

EastEnders and Desmond's star Mona Hammond dies aged 91 as tributes pour in for 'trailblazer' actress

• MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,483
  • GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,540
    " i want somebody good, and i mean very good to plant that gun. I dont want my brother coming out that toilet with just his d ick in his hand"