You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Another one bites the dust.

1535455565759»

Comments

• lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,780
    MISTY4ME said:

^^^^^^^^^

Just heard this ........ OMG soooooooo tragic :/:'(

My wife and daughters are in Floods of Tears :'(:'(<3:'(:'( </p>

Obviously not my type of music but for anyone who had a daughter/granddaughter who were fans at the time of their success this will come as a huge shock. The more that comes out about how the band were managed at the time the sadder it gets, to live your entire youth in the public eye must have been extreme (despite most youngsters craving that life).

Payne, from the English city of Wolverhampton, was only 14 years old when he first auditioned for “The X Factor.” In 2010, Payne, then 16, returned for his second audition, which would lead to the formation of One Direction.

Payne spoke openly about his struggles with substance abuse and his mental health.

Payne said on “The Diary of a CEO” podcast in 2021 that him and his band members were often “locked in our rooms” due to their popularity, which led him to drink and “have a party for one – and that just seemed to carry on throughout many years of my life.”

How is that any way to treat a youngster no matter how 'popular' or 'money making' they are.
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,278
    ..... despite the fact that a lot of people crave that life, I don't think they have any idea exactly what it's like.

I'm pretty sure it would be considered as 'Child Abuse' for under 18's :'(:/

My youngest daughter hasn;t been able to go to Uni today 'coz she was so upset, and my eldest daughter, who has seen them twice in Concert has been heartbroken, and felt extremely down and upset all day .........

Absolute tragedy :'(:'(:'(

RIP Liam ....keep the Angels entertained o:)

........ and thank you for the memories you've given me, and especially my Family <3o:)