You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

BONUS BOOST is coming soon

Comments

• Options
    rspca12rspca12 Member Posts: 618
    gd promo sky wp
  • Options
    The--DonThe--Don Member Posts: 392
    I long for the day that poker sites come up with creative promotions that puts money back into the pockets of losing players rather than finding different titles for very promotions that are all very similar and unimaginative.

Winning regs don't need bankroll boosts. I'd much rather see sites use all of the money they set aside for promotional activities to replenish the accounts of those that lose on a regular basis.

Not saying this is a bad promotion. I just wish that sites would change tack, giving less back to winning players and more back to losing players.
  • Options
    HaveaA1DayHaveaA1Day Member Posts: 203
    MattBates said:

This promo is pretty garbage, what happened to the awesome Rewards Accelerator and Happy Hours?.

Could you explain why it is pretty garbage? It looks good to me but maybe I am missing something.
    If my numbers are right, lets say by some miracle there was somebody capable of getting 150k points in that timeframe playing dyms, thats £15k of rake lol, so you would get 20% from Sky Poker Rewards, then end of the month you would get another 20% in Priority payments, for £6k total, which is 40% rb.
    Then in December you some how manage to put down another £15k in rake, that would be 375k points, which comes to £7.5k then you get your 20% Priority payment for £3k, so you end up getting 70% rb.
    But you dont obviously because it gets diluted by the previous month, so the effective rb over this period is £6k+£7.5k+£3 = £16.5k divide by £30k rake = 55% rb, and that % gets worse if you take your foot off the gas. If your a cash game player....well its even worse.
  • Options
    Sky_SamTSky_SamT Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 984

Do the bonus boosted points count towards reaching priority status?

E.g. If I earned 8,000 points in December but had a 30% boost taking my total to 10,400, would I have achieved priority for that month or would my points total need to be 10k before counting any boosted points from this promo?

The boosted points in December will count towards all weekly rewards and also priority status. As mentioned earlier in the thread the widget will update with the boosted points so you will know where you stand in terms of weekly rewards. The prio widget on the prio page will also show you your status towards priority.
  • Options
    Sky_SamTSky_SamT Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 984
    The--Don said:

I long for the day that poker sites come up with creative promotions that puts money back into the pockets of losing players rather than finding different titles for very promotions that are all very similar and unimaginative.

Winning regs don't need bankroll boosts. I'd much rather see sites use all of the money they set aside for promotional activities to replenish the accounts of those that lose on a regular basis.

Not saying this is a bad promotion. I just wish that sites would change tack, giving less back to winning players and more back to losing players.

We will keep doing our best to please everybody.
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    The--Don said:

This promotion is not tied to ability so everyone can benefit, at least to some extent.

Personally I like some promos that are directly tied to ability and not just rake based... And to be fair Sky do indeed throw some of those into the mix (UKOPS leaderboards, Mayhem freerolls, etc).

I would say for losing players there are some decent incentives too. For just 50 points there is access to the daily £1,000 rewards freerolls for a week. It isn't too hard to clock up 50 points without much expense and get plenty of poker at a low cost. Then if you consider the variety of low stakes tourneys/ SNGs etc on offer and stuff like Mini UKOPS I don't think lower stakes or losing players get a bad deal on Sky. The promo team seem to try and offer something for everyone.

Even thinking back to Vegas last summer I remember meeting players who had won packages via the raffle thingy, again the promo was not tied to ability. If I remember correctly there were several promos in which the Prio members were not even allowed to compete.

I would love to see SNG based promos which were directly tied to ability (weekly leaderboards etc). To be honest though, that is just what I like and I fully understand that Sky try to cater to everyone, not me, and IMO they do a good job of this.

I think Sky have a great mix of promos on the whole and hope they don't ever feel the need to stick it to any regular player base a la Negreanu and that starry site 'for the good of the game' (so they can rake the money circulating in the poker ecosystem more often).

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404
    The--Don said:

Cant get the customers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcliR8kAbzc
  • Options
    IH8UButlerIH8UButler Member Posts: 196
    edited November 2017
    The--Don said:

Rather than money I think more giveaways like iPads, iPhones, SPT tickets etc would encourage losing players to return to the site. Reason being is that winning something tangible gives them something back over and above just entertainment, giving more cash will mean more entertainment in terms of gameplay but inevitably it is lost eventually, winning a prize even very occasionally means they have extra value from their entertainment.

Poker is unique in the gaming world as with all other games of chance high volume players will always lose over time, so rewarding them most makes sense, with poker its not so straightforward so more of a challenge to direct promos in the right way!
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    When we are playing to get the extra % in November, How do we find out how many points we have to make the threshold excluding the jump start promo?

For example i might want to make 2500 points in the time allocated in November but it may show me iv earned 2600, but some of that will be due to the jump start promo and not show me the correct amount. So instead of getting 30% i may just fall into the 1000/20% slot.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,297
    K0BAYASHl said:

When we are playing to get the extra % in November, How do we find out how many points we have to make the threshold excluding the jump start promo?

For example i might want to make 2500 points in the time allocated in November but it may show me iv earned 2600, but some of that will be due to the jump start promo and not show me the correct amount. So instead of getting 30% i may just fall into the 1000/20% slot.

I'll have to get back to you on Monday on that one K0B, as I'm not entirely clear what the answer is yet, though I note the T & C's state;

"14. Bonus Boost cannot be used in conjunction with any other poker points boost offer."

No rush though, it does not start until Monday week.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

K0BAYASHl said:

I'll have to get back to you on Monday on that one K0B, as I'm not entirely clear what the answer is yet, though I note the T & C's state;

"14. Bonus Boost cannot be used in conjunction with any other poker points boost offer."

Agreed, i quoted that T and C above too :D i just assume it will show the jump start promo points too, so we would have to acquire more points than we want to get past a tier to know we are in that tier.

Thanks Tikay, also, is there generally a priority bonus just for priority players every month, i assume its not mandatory to have a separate promo each month, but just wondering is there will be one?
  • Options
    K0BAYASHl said:

Tikay10 said:

K0BAYASHl said:

Agreed, i quoted that T and C above too :D i just assume it will show the jump start promo points too, so we would have to acquire more points than we want to get past a tier to know we are in that tier.

Thanks Tikay, also, is there generally a priority bonus just for priority players every month, i assume its not mandatory to have a separate promo each month, but just wondering is there will be one?
    It's certainly not mandatory that there is a "Prio Only" Promo every month, no, & though many seem to think there should be. Sky poker have never said there would be an exclusive Prio Promo every month.

There is always something though, very often there is an "open to all" Promo, which may well be the case this time, but I guess we'll have to wait & see. Nothing else has been announced yet, so it's doubtful imo, but Bonus Boost does lend itself to the Prio players quite well imo. Some, of course, may not agree.

• Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,162
    Apart from this being a pretty good promo, there's a picture of Shirley Manson (Embra lass), definitely gets my vote as thread of the week.
  • Options
    HENDRIK62 said:

Apart from this being a pretty good promo, there's a picture of Shirley Manson (Embra lass), definitely gets my vote as thread of the week.

Garbage.
  • Options
    68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943
    Why do poker players moan at getting something for free.
    I've never understood this and never will.
  • Options
    HaveaA1DayHaveaA1Day Member Posts: 203
    edited November 2017
    68Trebor said:

Its not really free though, because we all pay rake. I might sound like a Sky hater or something am not, just think everybody wins with the Rewards Accelerator and Happy Hours. Would also like to add to what Markycash said above about the awesome promos Sky as had with what they put on last Christmas, thought that was a really good promo. Plus was nearly forgetting Micro Madness, think that was the best promo ever, just a shame I couldn't play it :disappointed:

• Options
    68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943

68Trebor said:

Its not really free though, because we all pay rake. I might sound like a Sky hater or something am not, just think everybody wins with the Rewards Accelerator and Happy Hours. Would also like to add to what Markycash said above about the awesome promos Sky as had with what they put on last Christmas, thought that was a really good promo. Plus was nearly forgetting Micro Madness, think that was the best promo ever, just a shame I couldn't play it :disappointed:

But it is FREE.
    We all pay rake to fund the site. Without rake SkyPoker would not exsist. SkyPoker do not have to give us anything back but they choose to on a regular basis and give us it for FREE. Every week we all get rewarded for FREE through SkyPoker Rewards and anything else we get should be seen as a bonus.
    I don't wish to sound like a Sky lover but have never got the way many poker players feel they are owed something and don't accept that any extra bonus is a bonus.
    I have the same issue at work where every year, every colleague gets an annual bonus. People still moan with many commenting 'is that all we are getting' when actually no-one is entitled to it and again it is the company giving us something for FREE.
  • Options
    HENDRIK62 said:

Just as I had expected, thanks Tikay
  • Options
    Sky Sam hinted not to miss this months priority so I'm
    Hopefull for a promo lol
  • Options
    IH8UButlerIH8UButler Member Posts: 196
    68Trebor said:

68Trebor said:

But it is FREE.
    We all pay rake to fund the site. Without rake SkyPoker would not exsist. SkyPoker do not have to give us anything back but they choose to on a regular basis and give us it for FREE. Every week we all get rewarded for FREE through SkyPoker Rewards and anything else we get should be seen as a bonus.
    I don't wish to sound like a Sky lover but have never got the way many poker players feel they are owed something and don't accept that any extra bonus is a bonus.
    I have the same issue at work where every year, every colleague gets an annual bonus. People still moan with many commenting 'is that all we are getting' when actually no-one is entitled to it and again it is the company giving us something for FREE.

I see your point but if sky chose not to give anything back in either rakeback or promos then sky would not exist either, so they do in fact have to give players something back. Every site has promos in one form or another to drive traffic to the site, in expectation of generating rake and acquiring customers. This is not to slate sky, the promos are usually good, and they try to cater for everyone - I think we would all be worse off if they scrapped the usual promos and just offered 40% rakeback tomorrow, as the site would become full of rakeback grinders, but don't think anyone can believe sky gives out rewards purely from of the goodness of their hearts. If they were doing this then they would give bonuses out to all accounts, even those with no activity on the site.

Agree that there is no point moaning though, if you don't like the promo sky are offering then play somewhere else for the month. If enough players don't like the promo then it won't have the desired effect of generating returns for the site, and will likely not be run again anyway.