You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

BONUS BOOST is coming soon

13»

Comments

• Options
    HaveaA1DayHaveaA1Day Member Posts: 203

68Trebor said:

68Trebor said:

Why do poker players moan at getting something for free.

Its not really free though, because we all pay rake. I might sound like a Sky hater or something am not, just think everybody wins with the Rewards Accelerator and Happy Hours. Would also like to add to what Markycash said above about the awesome promos Sky as had with what they put on last Christmas, thought that was a really good promo. Plus was nearly forgetting Micro Madness, think that was the best promo ever, just a shame I couldn't play it :disappointed:

But it is FREE.
    We all pay rake to fund the site. Without rake SkyPoker would not exsist. SkyPoker do not have to give us anything back but they choose to on a regular basis and give us it for FREE. Every week we all get rewarded for FREE through SkyPoker Rewards and anything else we get should be seen as a bonus.
    I don't wish to sound like a Sky lover but have never got the way many poker players feel they are owed something and don't accept that any extra bonus is a bonus.
    I have the same issue at work where every year, every colleague gets an annual bonus. People still moan with many commenting 'is that all we are getting' when actually no-one is entitled to it and again it is the company giving us something for FREE.

I see your point but if sky chose not to give anything back in either rakeback or promos then sky would not exist either, so they do in fact have to give players something back. Every site has promos in one form or another to drive traffic to the site, in expectation of generating rake and acquiring customers. This is not to slate sky, the promos are usually good, and they try to cater for everyone - I think we would all be worse off if they scrapped the usual promos and just offered 40% rakeback tomorrow, as the site would become full of rakeback grinders, but don't think anyone can believe sky gives out rewards purely from of the goodness of their hearts. If they were doing this then they would give bonuses out to all accounts, even those with no activity on the site.

Agree that there is no point moaning though, if you don't like the promo sky are offering then play somewhere else for the month. If enough players don't like the promo then it won't have the desired effect of generating returns for the site, and will likely not be run again anyway.
    Dont need to reply now, all that pretty much sums up my thoughts, so thanks :)
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,657

68Trebor said:

68Trebor said:

Why do poker players moan at getting something for free.

Its not really free though, because we all pay rake. I might sound like a Sky hater or something am not, just think everybody wins with the Rewards Accelerator and Happy Hours. Would also like to add to what Markycash said above about the awesome promos Sky as had with what they put on last Christmas, thought that was a really good promo. Plus was nearly forgetting Micro Madness, think that was the best promo ever, just a shame I couldn't play it :disappointed:

But it is FREE.
    We all pay rake to fund the site. Without rake SkyPoker would not exsist. SkyPoker do not have to give us anything back but they choose to on a regular basis and give us it for FREE. Every week we all get rewarded for FREE through SkyPoker Rewards and anything else we get should be seen as a bonus.
    I don't wish to sound like a Sky lover but have never got the way many poker players feel they are owed something and don't accept that any extra bonus is a bonus.
    I have the same issue at work where every year, every colleague gets an annual bonus. People still moan with many commenting 'is that all we are getting' when actually no-one is entitled to it and again it is the company giving us something for FREE.

I see your point but if sky chose not to give anything back in either rakeback or promos then sky would not exist either, so they do in fact have to give players something back. Every site has promos in one form or another to drive traffic to the site, in expectation of generating rake and acquiring customers. This is not to slate sky, the promos are usually good, and they try to cater for everyone - I think we would all be worse off if they scrapped the usual promos and just offered 40% rakeback tomorrow, as the site would become full of rakeback grinders, but don't think anyone can believe sky gives out rewards purely from of the goodness of their hearts. If they were doing this then they would give bonuses out to all accounts, even those with no activity on the site.

Agree that there is no point moaning though, if you don't like the promo sky are offering then play somewhere else for the month. If enough players don't like the promo then it won't have the desired effect of generating returns for the site, and will likely not be run again anyway.
    Dont need to reply now, all that pretty much sums up my thoughts, so thanks :)
    its not garbage though is it , it suits some players and others not , don,t opt in if it doesn,t suit you but let the other players enjoy the promo ...its not garbage at all
  • Options
    CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,811

Good promotion for everyone, good job sky!

This is another promo aimed at higher stakes/big volume players. That's fine as they do deserve some perks. Not complaining, just stating a fact.

The ceiling starts at 500 PP so everyone under that will have no incentive to get there and anyone that does will get very little reward for doing so. The last promo was the best yet and very fair across the board.
  • Options
    Sky_SamTSky_SamT Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 984
    K0BAYASHl said:

When we are playing to get the extra % in November, How do we find out how many points we have to make the threshold excluding the jump start promo?

For example i might want to make 2500 points in the time allocated in November but it may show me iv earned 2600, but some of that will be due to the jump start promo and not show me the correct amount. So instead of getting 30% i may just fall into the 1000/20% slot.

It is the boosted points in December that cannot be used in conjunction with any other points offer. Jump Start will not run between 1-24 December for this reason.