You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

DYM and MTT Tournament Play

2»

Comments

• Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited March 2010
    your strike rate so fair in MTT'S is 43%, very impressive, but thats going to be tough to keep that up, gl in trying though
  • Options
    cobbler78cobbler78 Member Posts: 65
    edited March 2010
    43% huh, sounds like im due a bad run, where did you find these stats, all I have seen is my graph on sharkscope
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    What is my strike rate in DYM's??
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited March 2010
    i am using sharkscope also mate, looked at your ROI.

not overly impressive on the DYM but mtt very good
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ah yeah, think I found it. The 43% is the ROI, I was wondering if there is anyway off telling the number of times I have cashed compared tot he number of games played, as people are telling me that 30% is impossible and even the best players get 15% max.
  • Options
    ONTHERlVERONTHERlVER Member Posts: 63
    edited March 2010
    Hi, Interesting post and just to have my 2 pence worth :)

I play DYM relegiously and vary rarly set foot in the MTT and CASH at the moment.

Main reasons for this is because on a limited bankroll as TK said earlier you remove the majority of the varience often found in MTT

I work on the following principles :

To increase my bankroll I encounter 3 things:

1, I work on the 2 - 1 ratio.

For every two games I win I can afford to loose one and still make a profit. If you are playing at the 5.50 level then this = x3 games £16.50 , x2 win £20 ... Net profit £3.50

I aim to play 21 games a day or 7 sessions of 3 tables

I record all my games and results and look at the most profitable times and work to that schedual.

If I am consistant then over 30 days I see a slight but definate increase in my bankroll which is then increased by

2, Cash for Points

If you are aiming at 21 games a day and you look to do this for 2 - 3 days a week then you should accumilate enough points for a £50 bonus through Sky pokers Cash for Points Scheme, this adds a nice "bonus" to your bankroll without risking the varience in MTT

3, League table

If you are consistant at the DYM then it should be quite easy (providing you have the time) to place within the top 10 of the Sky poker league and earn yourself an added bonus ... see the payout table for more info and also the chance to enter the 2k freeroll.

This gives you a great opportunity to increase your bankroll with minimum risk and if you are doing well over a given day then treat yourself to a satalite ...

Try to remain within your 2% bracket though and don't focus on the current balance ... Thing of the long game and never chase a loss ....

If all else fails then invest your entire roll in one DYM and push all in with 7 2 off and hope for the best .... Seems to work for alot of others :)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    HAHA I like your thinking re the 7 2 off, worth looking into. Im gonna keep do what seems to be working so far, 3 or 4 DYM's a day plus the £3 speed tourneys and the £5 Velocity, which so far has been good to me. I might also try to satalite into a few of the big tourneys, the Open and the Primo etc using the points, so no risk. Hopefully my graph will continue to increase.

At the moment Im not really looking to increase my bankroll, i am cashing in every time I get my balance over £100 and leaving a £80 balance in my account, so far I have cashed in over £400, not bad considering I started off with just a £20 investment and have never had to re-load........yet.